• Ba
    • Hazard(sub)
    • Mikel(sub)
    • Torres(sub)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but we would never have thought about bringing Torres on to get the winner.. IN rupert we trust

Yeah lol, that clearly takes a level of pure genius that is above us to be able to see how that one made sense...

Things I have learned today.

a)I agree the Mikel-Ramires is our best pivot for these kind of big games against teams that play fast, direct football like City & Utd. Nonetheless, the Rami-Mikel pivot can only be a stopgap with the limitations Mikel got in running and passing ...

are you serious? I think Mikels passing is spot on and so do lamps. mou, terry, anelka, drogs and mata... whom have all lauded him for that you*re fully right with that running thing though

I just can't imagine the feeling if Mata scored from that chance and we would kick them out of the FA Cup only days after the Real Madrid disappointment. BUT if we play like this at home, we should make it.

I couldn't believe that with Benitez on the bench, we would be able to perform a comeback like this. The hunger, the fighting spirit... this was Chelsea, after such a long time!

are you serious? I think Mikels passing is spot on and so do lamps. mou, terry, anelka, drogs and mata... whom have all lauded him for that you*re fully right with that running thing though

Yup. he is fine, but he committed 2 dangerous and unncecessary turnovers, which proves his passing and vision is actually not that prefect. Whereas he is great to calm the play and regain posession he is always a little to leisure in these situations. It is natural team mates laud each other but i would not derive my view of of a player on accoutn of that. I think Modric&Mikel would be a nearly perfect double pivot for example, but most double pivot cominations including either Mikel or Ramires lack dribbling and passing prowess .

Ok done watching Hazards goal now...

Flop of the match, no decade : Benitez, everyone here saw his 1st half lineup wouldnt work! But we were lucky today.. if manu pushed through after the 2 goal lead...
As already said before the game started:
Ramires + Lampard pivot does NOT work, you go either luiz+ramrires/lampard or mikel+ramires/lampard or luiz/mikel. The one option you cant take he took... moron. Cant believe he wont the CL.
Terry shouldve started after bucharest. We need to play more with the same defence.
Keeping Hazard as a sub while these are the games he gets some space... if you want to rest him, use him as a sub in Bucharest!
There was no pressure on manchester at all first half??? wth..

Team:
Crappy first half, good overall in 2nd
Individually:
Hazard was doing his thing all over the place
Mata great game
Mikel-Ramires were solid + Ramires made some good runs and they kept pressure on manu midfield 2nd half.

United played better in the first half, and we played A HELL LOT better than them in the second half!

The only reason they did not lose the game was because of Da Gea. For me Cech had a poor game, while De Gea was phenomenal. 1st United goal was more Garry's fault than Cech, but a player of his caliber should've done better. 2nd goal was 100% Cech's fault because in those types of crosses the GK has only one job which is preventing a goal from the direct kick; if someone heads it nice and scores, so be it, but the GK has to defend the direct shot.

I just don't see the horror ppl see in our defense at times. We concede when we are outplayed which will always happen... It's all in the midfield though and there our problems are, or were until Mickel fixed them in the second half.

Great comeback!

Just imagine these young player when they mature a bit... :) Especially the 21yo Oscar and Hazard...

If we play 50% as well as we did in that second half in the game vs the romanians we will smash the shit out of them.

Should be a wake up call to the team, that we are good when we play fast pased high tempo attacking football... Run at defenders try things, don't be so static.

For a moment I thought you said Chelsea will get obliterated ?

Have you changed your tune ?

Have I not said, the team did not care much in that shit hole & saved their energy, then ?

Wait for Thursday. I hope Chelsea really hammers them & tell their mouthy owner to f---off.

Just one thing. Had Cech not screwed up on those two goals, the team could have won easily.

For a moment I thought you said Chelsea will get obliterated ?

Have you changed your tune ?

Have I not said, the team did not care much in that shit hole & saved their energy, then ?

Wait for Thursday. I hope Chelsea really hammers them & tell their mouthy owner to f---off.

???

I never said we would get obliterated... I said we could beat them and all i wanted was us to put in a good performance...