• Oscar
    • Mata
    • Moses
    • Ba
    • Hazard(sub)
    • Mikel(sub)
    • Torres(sub)

Hazard MOTM

Some freaking fight from the boys, opposite of that nonsense against steau beucharest.

Ramires got better when lampard got off, especially as he was now the attacking player in the pivot.

Mazacar + Ba = 2nd half peformance.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things I have learned today.

a)I agree the Mikel-Ramires is our best pivot for these kind of big games against teams that play fast, direct football like City & Utd. Nonetheless, the Rami-Mikel pivot can only be a stopgap with the limitations Mikel got in running and passing and rambo got in skill and passing, we have to replace them.

B).Awful from Cech at the first goal, some alarming signs from him this season, maybe it is not too early to call back Courtois....

c)2nd goal can always happen, Luiz minorly at fault, cos he either has o leave it or clear it, both he could have done without that detrimental consequences. Luiz+Cahill simply both are too error prone, but Ivanovic is not innocent either + Terry is declining (still he has to play these games). I feel we need to BUY another CB s.o. really reliable here.

d).We probably the best team in the league technically but there are some players who simply have to work on their basic skills. Ramires and Moses are only in their team because of their physical attributes but it is never too late to work on its weaknesses. It's not they are too bad technically completely, as they boht have their moments, but both have to work on their technical relaiblility.

e).Dave (yet) and Demba Ba are actually not that good.

f) Lamps as a sub would be far more valuable in this match than from the beginning. Imagine we started Mikel and would have thrown in Lamps instead of Torres, we would have had a much bigger chance of getting that winning goal. He should start big matches against teams like Bayern, Barca or Arsenal where his experience, organisation and distribution from deep is more valuable than cover from Mikel or running from Ramires (in the pivot)

g) Hazard, Mata are so classy when the team is defending like Utd today, the world will be stunned next year when we can unleash them in even better form under a better manager, hopefully in the CL

We have to give credit to Rafa for his subs, you could argue Mikel and Hazard should of started but it's always good to have players on the bench who can change the game.

If RDM made those changes we would all be praising him.

Where are all those who claimed Chelsea will get obliterated ?

One fine performance, even superb in the 2nd half. The best I have seen in months.

Energy saved vs Bucharest but used today. Great subs by Rafa too.

If Chelsea can play as well as today, no problem to cream those mouthy Romanians.

If we play 50% as well as we did in that second half in the game vs the romanians we will smash the shit out of them.

Should be a wake up call to the team, that we are good when we play fast pased high tempo attacking football... Run at defenders try things, don't be so static.

I see the hate boys are patrolling with their twisted logic. According to them Rafa was responsible for the poor first half but should not get credit for the magnificent second half. People should accept that this Chelsea team was not put together by Rafa. He did not buy any of the players. He did not have them for pre-season. They are still playing according to the basic tactical book established by Di Mateo because Rafa did not want them to switch to his favored zonal marking in mid-season. They are young, inexperienced and some of them are not capable of taking instructions from the beginning of a match and they cannot figure it out for themselves - they need one half to understand what they are doing wrong. They don't fully understand the need to play as a unit in defence and attack. Rafa is a genius at mid-game tactical changes. But he has to have a team that will follow instructions and work together. This team is too cowered by Terry and Lampard. Thank God Terry was not picked today and good that Lampard was replaced - he has been fading lately and even missed a crucial penalty against Citeh. and the team has been trying to hard to help him achieve a personal scoring record. Rafa has shown that even when 3-0 down in a CL final he can win. I told you last week that in his last game at OT he won 4-1. But his LFC played as a unit and followed the tactical plan - not like Chelsea in the first half. In the second half, with the removal of Lampard and Moses - they buckled down and played to instructions. They should have won - it was there for the taking. At then end of the day they did very well and Rafa saved the day. .

LOLGASM at RedCafe

Amazing how the media is hyping up Rooney and other than his lucky goal did fuck all.

Good things fucking happen when we press other teams. The rotations between Oscar and Mata were wonderful and looked as if they were understanding one another brilliantly. Oscar through the middle to set up Ramires for the equalizer.

Thought we would lose, really did. Hell, we might have won if fucking Terry started.

Thank goodness United played like dog shit and Hazard waved his magic wand. We exploited them wonderfully and without Lampard. A fucking shame our best striker is at West Brom...

What a second half, I'm so fucking proud, but we should win this... First and second half were like a night and day... I absolutely hate MU, so I hope we will smash them home...

Come on Chels, love you!

Ferdinand you stupid cunt... And MU fans in Czech Republic saying, that Torres is diver and Ferdinand didn't anything... I HATE THEM SO FUCKING MUCH...

We have to give credit to Rafa for his subs, you could argue Mikel and Hazard should of started but it's always good to have players on the bench who can change the game.

I give him credit for not making those changes in the 80th min like normal. But Hazard should have started the game imo.

Until that Hazard beauty I didn't see a way we could get something out of the match. After that we were definitely the better team and they should consider themselves lucky they didn't lose. So happy with the performance, haven't seen much of that in a while. Thrash them in the replay!

RDM you could tell always had a plan, Rafa is just a blind chicken that surprisingly has got sth right. I bet everyone would have either started Hazard or sent him in in the 2nd half, so no genius about that.

I see the hate boys are patrolling with their twisted logic. According to them Rafa was responsible for the poor first half but should not get credit for the magnificent second half. People should accept that this Chelsea team was not put together by Rafa. He did not buy any of the players. He did not have them for pre-season. They are still playing according to the basic tactical book established by Di Mateo because Rafa did not want them to switch to his favored zonal marking in mid-season. They are young, inexperienced and some of them are not capable of taking instructions from the beginning of a match and they cannot figure it out for themselves - they need one half to understand what they are doing wrong. They don't fully understand the need to play as a unit in defence and attack. Rafa is a genius at mid-game tactical changes. But he has to have a team that will follow instructions and work together. This team is too cowered by Terry and Lampard. Thank God Terry was not picked today and good that Lampard was replaced - he has been fading lately and even missed a crucial penalty against Citeh. and the team has been trying to hard to help him achieve a personal scoring record. Rafa has shown that even when 3-0 down in a CL final he can win. I told you last week that in his last game at OT he won 4-1. But his LFC played as a unit and followed the tactical plan - not like Chelsea in the first half. In the second half, with the removal of Lampard and Moses - they buckled down and played to instructions. They should have won - it was there for the taking. At then end of the day they did very well and Rafa saved the day. .

LOL

By your logic If it is all RDM'S system then you should be giving him the credit...

I take it when rafa fucks off you will too...

Also, this game proved that Mikel brings SO much solidity to the side. Once he came on he basically broke the shackles for the entire forward line. Him being on allowed Ramires to burst forward, allowed Oscar and Mata to be less worried about defensive duties, and even allowed Luiz to carry the ball out.

This is why Mikel is vital. Especially in big games like this.

Our best starting XI at this very moment IMO is:

Cech

Azpilicuata - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Ramires

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Ba

We need to play this team more consistently. It's that midfield 5 of Mikel/Ram/Mata/Osc/Haz that bossed it during the RDM era, I don't know why we exactly stopped trying to develop it when it is our strongest side to put out clearly.

RDM you could tell always had a plan, Rafa is just a blind chicken that surprisingly has got sth right. I bet everyone would have either started Hazard or sent him in in the 2nd half, so no genius about that.

Yes but we would never have thought about bringing Torres on to get the winner.. IN rupert we trust