• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres

Marin - Oscar - Moses

Mikel - Ramires

Bertrand - Cahill - Ivanovic - Azpilicueta

Cech

Rest Mata, Hazard, Lampard, Cole, Luiz and Terry for Man City. With the away goal we really should go through without much problems, even with a slightly weakened team.

I'm expecting a routine 2-0 win. They'll be pushed forward looking to score as they are already behind the leg. Will leave space for the likes of Moses and Oscar to exploit, as they did yesterday.

Hope to see some players rested again. Turnbull, Bertrand, Mikel (for game-time ahead of City), Moses and Ferreira should all feature.

Just don't concede. A clean sheet is vital to not complicate things and go through with the least possible effort. Mikel is a must start for this one. I expect something like:

Cech

Azpi-Luiz-JT-Bertrand

Rami-Mikel

Hazard-Oscar-Marin

Torres

The truth is that there are too many games coming too quickly. A manager has to prioritize. But what is more important beating Man City or progressing to the next round of the EC? They are equally important. Laudrup featured a weakened Swansea side against a poor LFC yesterday to save them for the Cup Final and he got thrashed 5-0. If I were Rafa I would err on the side of winning - play a strong side for both matches and hope the players rise to the occasion. I would not play Turnbull. I might play Ramirez and Moses and Mikel.

Sparta midfielder Lukáš Vácha after the first leg:

How did the Chelsea stars behave off the pitch, in the tunnel or by the dressing rooms?

For example, I played against Mata for the second time, we met before while playing for the U-21 national teams. He recognized me, came to me and shook my hand. However, Mata, Hazard or even Lampard were doing something interesting during the game. When they are getting closer to the opponent from behind, they start doing a very quick sound - tss tss. I have no idea why. Maybe to disturb the opponent player, to get him nervous, I really don't know. In fact, Theo Gebre Selassie had told me that in the Spanish national team, every single player does that.