Chelsea v Sparta Prague

Jase

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean if we actually would win it, than you guys cannot celebrate it?

:Goober:

Of course we will celebrate all night long. Have some brew-skies, really whoop it up.

If Chelsea bows out, it´s fine with me too.

As we all know, this season did not turn out as we all wished for, so top 3 places would be just fine in PL for me, for now.

sorry can't help there

If I may help here. I am not sure whether any apps are available for iPad but I have got one for Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Downloaded it from Play store, it´s called Sports Live Pro & it plays as clear as a whistle. Just like my firstrow...on notebook.

It depends who we're playing in the final....

What if it's a team like Dnipro then we play a few key players and rest a few.

What if it's a Chelsea Vs Tottenham final, do we risk losing a European cup to them by resting the players?

What if we tell the players to man up and play for their wages?

To many what ifs to answer that question

The point is it isn't just rest - there's preparation. That's what in-season training is primarily. You run over scenarios that you expect to face in the match.

Whoever we face in the final, if we're still fighting for a top four spot then that is paramount. I would rather the first-team spend the week working on how to deal with Leighton Baines's crosses then play in the Europa League Final against any team.

If you are gonna say if we get to the final what do we do, you may as well just say lets get knocked out of the Fa cup as well. Everyone here wants to get top 4 as a top priority but i want us to try and win every game. and can't worry about hypotheticals if we do make it to the final of the europa. Who is to say when we get to the final we are not sitting comfortably in 2nd?

The FA Cup is more important than the Europa League in my opinion. Your suggestion of hedging your bets works up until the point it doesn't and then who know's if you're still in a position to remedy it? It's short-termist thinking at it's worst.

I don't think rest is the right term and thing here. It would be last 2 games in the season and after that holidays, not even World Cup or Euros.

Again, rest wasn't the right word because preparation comes into it as well.

two cliches ...but they carry some truth ....ONE game at a time ....and winning is a habit .....

But we're not planning one game at a time. It's a cliche and it carries little truth.

Lampard and Ivanovic aren't playing tonight because we have City on Sunday. That isn't taking it one game at a time, but planning ahead.

Ultimately it comes down to one thing - I want to be in the Champions League next season. That is all that matters from this point forward. The FA Cup also holds sentimental value and maybe that's a blind spot in my thinking, but since I can remember it's been one of the most important things to this club. The 1970 victory was what I grew up hearing about, the 1994 Semi was my first Chelsea visit to Wembley and I've been to countless ones since. It holds a special spot for us.

The Europa League is a joke trophy that is the booby prize for getting knocked out of the CL. It's not won by teams on the way down (which is what we would undeniably be) but teams on the way up. Burying our heads in the sand until it's too late will just see us get fucked in the arse.

FA Cup may hold sentimental value for some but as one worthy competition in Europe it has no value at all.

Providing Chelsea wins their next game advances against Manure, Rafa plays the key players, then.

Players just might be tired for following PL games & Chelsea drops crucial points. What then ?

Another FA Cup in the show-window but out of CL competition next year. Fuck that, I say.

What's with all the negative vibes? Chelsea should play every game with there strongest team available 2 them! If players can't play 3 games a wk, then get rid o them! A lot eh rubbish players need a rest! Messi is a great example of this! Mon the chelsea

What's with all the negative vibes? Chelsea should play every game with there strongest team available 2 them! If players can't play 3 games a wk, then get rid o them! A lot eh rubbish players need a rest! Messi is a great example of this! Mon the chelsea

Its on ma fone mate n don't know how 2 delete! With progression in the europa the league, more then likely in next few wks its gonna be sun thurs sun for games, they way the players get treated now adays, with physios right foods n everything else, they should manage these games no probs without needin a rest! This is just my opinion

FA Cup may hold sentimental value for some but as one worthy competition in Europe it has no value at all.

Providing Chelsea wins their next game advances against Manure, Rafa plays the key players, then.

Players just might be tired for following PL games & Chelsea drops crucial points. What then ?

Another FA Cup in the show-window but out of CL competition next year. Fuck that, I say.

It might be hard to understand what the FA Cup means to Chelsea fans, but for a long-time it was our best shot at silverware. Plus it's still got that magic to it.

The Europa League has been so devalued that it wouldn't surprise me to see it done away with soon.

It might be hard to understand what the FA Cup means to Chelsea fans, but for a long-time it was our best shot at silverware. Plus it's still got that magic to it.

The Europa League has been so devalued that it wouldn't surprise me to see it done away with soon.

I agree. FA Cup has some value. Currently, the team is not ready to fight for trophies on all fronts. Perhaps, next year ? I will be more than happy to see Chelsea winning it.

You have been following Chelsea for decades. Surely, you must see, the team is not having the usual strong squad these days.

I too heard about EL being affiliated to CL. I believe, it should be done. One big competition & may the best club win it all. More money allocated to it just may bring better games. Currently, several teams are not taking EL seriously. Napoli comes to my mind recently.