Players You're Gutted We Never Signed

Peter Beardsley :) lol he was an awesome player in his day - old Quasimodo.

Scousers had a good team back then..

Casaraghi - gutted he never got to play or us properly...

Modern times - most of Man City and a few Arse and Spuds players...

Dunno we've got a nice squad now, just need to bring it all together :)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one player I am gutted we never tried to sign is Cazorla. Not to say he would of definitely join us, but he would have easily fit into our system and would flourish in a team with Mata and co. What also bugs me is the price that Arsenal got him for around £12-16m and he has been a joy to watch in the PL and it is not like it was a surprise, everyone knew he was a quality player. Annoying that we pay hefty fees like £50m for Torres who we got for treble what Arsenal got for Cazorla which is crazy and I would have liked to see us make a bid for him especially as we could of offer hima better salary and he is one of them rare players who can use his left equally as good as his right.

Just imagine Cazorla, Mata and Hazard in a team. Devastating! icon_eek.gif

At one point I was pissed we didn't sign David Silva, I really liked him and still do. But if losing him means we gained Mata, then I'm OK with that. Missing out on Modric was also devastating, especially since his strong links to us gave high hopes and looked certain at some times.

To hell with Agüero, we snatched up Torres at a bargain price instead - WIN!

The one player I am gutted we never tried to sign is Cazorla. Not to say he would of definitely join us, but he would have easily fit into our system and would flourish in a team with Mata and co. What also bugs me is the price that Arsenal got him for around £12-16m and he has been a joy to watch in the PL and it is not like it was a surprise, everyone knew he was a quality player. Annoying that we pay hefty fees like £50m for Torres who we got for treble what Arsenal got for Cazorla which is crazy and I would have liked to see us make a bid for him especially as we could of offer hima better salary and he is one of them rare players who can use his left equally as good as his right.

Just imagine Cazorla, Mata and Hazard in a team. Devastating! icon_eek.gif

Carzola & Mata wouldn't work. They'd be trying to occupy the same role, a problem we were having earlier with Oscar, Mata & Hazard (proved by Rafa's reluctance to play all 3 at the same time). In my eyes we got a much more effective player in Mata - not that I deny Santi's abilities.