Players You're Gutted We Never Signed

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaya Toure. perfect Essien replacement

What and leave all our defenders exposed?

He's lazy and arrogant, fantastic footballer yes, but not on Essiens level. Essien was a fantastic DM, used to work huge shifts, Toure doesn't run games.

As for Toure never liked him, always came across as a prick, and most african players seem to come across as nice people who do a lot of charity work, despite Toure being probably the most paid african at the moment, i never see anything about him doing charity work. Though despite going a little off topic there, yeah i would have him here definitely, but he wouldn't be a perfect Essien replacement by any means.

What and leave all our defenders exposed?

He's lazy and arrogant, fantastic footballer yes, but not on Essiens level. Essien was a fantastic DM, used to work huge shifts, Toure doesn't run games.

As for Toure never liked him, always came across as a prick, and most african players seem to come across as nice people who do a lot of charity work, despite Toure being probably the most paid african at the moment, i never see anything about him doing charity work. Though despite going a little off topic there, yeah i would have him here definitely, but he wouldn't be a perfect Essien replacement by any means.

i disagree. at ManCity they are stocked up on CDM's - Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell, Barry etc, so he ventures forward a lot more than a regular CDM

he matches Essien physically and I think he would have thrived here at CDM here. Also, like Essien, he's a big-game player. scored against Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, United, Real Madrid this season. mostly with runs from deep.

also, remember his tussle with Drogba in the 09 UCL Semi? Matched Drogba to strength

i disagree. at ManCity they are stocked up on CDM's - Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell, Barry etc, so he ventures forward a lot more than a regular CDM

he matches Essien physically and I think he would have thrived here at CDM here. Also, like Essien, he's a big-game player. scored against Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, United, Real Madrid this season. mostly with runs from deep.

also, remember his tussle with Drogba in the 09 UCL Semi? Matched Drogba to strength

Oh you mean the semi final where he constantly took the piss and was snapping every fucker and getting away with it?

And if you think that tackle wasn't a foul like most people then don't be fooled, Toure took Drogba down before he touched the ball, you can't do that.

And do you watch Toure? did you see what he did in the Ajax match? where he cost City 2 goals, he's lazy, and it's not the first time it's happened. He's had two games against us where he just couldn't be arsed, and we won both of them. He's a good footballer, not a good DM, him and Essien are different players.

Oh you mean the semi final where he constantly took the piss and was snapping every fucker and getting away with it?

And if you think that tackle wasn't a foul like most people then don't be fooled, Toure took Drogba down before he touched the ball, you can't do that.

And do you watch Toure? did you see what he did in the Ajax match? where he cost City 2 goals, he's lazy, and it's not the first time it's happened. He's had two games against us where he just couldn't be arsed, and we won both of them. He's a good footballer, not a good DM, him and Essien are different players.

he's not playing DM at City now. he's playing in the 'Nasri' position like Fellaini now. rodwell/Garcia/Barry/milner Are covering the pivot. leg work criticism is unfair imo given that he was in top 3-4 in covering distances (CL) back in 09. anyway lets just agree to disagree

he's not playing DM at City now. he's playing in the 'Nasri' position like Fellaini now. rodwell/Garcia/Barry/milner Are covering the pivot. leg work criticism is unfair imo given that he was in top 3-4 in covering distances (CL) back in 09. anyway lets just agree to disagree

I have just remembered why i don't have many debates with you.

stay on the Yaya Toure topic if you can. what point , other than lazy and arrogant, have you made? or are trying to make?

You don't see any other point valid except if it's yours, like just earlier for example when Peace clearly just shown you and proven you why the Chelsea fans are in the right to boo Rafa and that Rafa is in the wrong, just like he has been from day one. You still didn't get his post.

Yeah sure it's all about opinions, but it's clearly obvious Yaya Toure is not the same as Michael Essien.

Infact they are very different.

You don't see any other point valid except if it's yours, like just earlier for example when Peace clearly just shown you and proven you why the Chelsea fans are in the right to boo Rafa and that Rafa is in the wrong, just like he has been from day one. You still didn't get his post.

Yeah sure it's all about opinions, but it's clearly obvious Yaya Toure is not the same as Michael Essien.

Infact they are very different.

mate, look through the posts. you've basically made 1 point - he is lazy and used Ajax, Barca etc examples to show it. you've acknowledged that he's a good footballer but you've failed to state why you think that he's not good for the pivot.

i am just voicing my opinion - even about rafa. it is my opinion that we fans shouldn't boo Rafa nor insult him until he leaves the club and let him do his job. What do you mean by 'Peace clearly shown/proven you?' - what are you on about? i will defend my opinion regardless of what Peace or anyone thinks. it's not right to boo the manager even if it is Rafa Benitez. It is affecting the player's performance on the pitch.

there is no right answer. if there was a right answer - what is the point of discussion boards? we are all voicing opinions here. Now, if you have anything to add about Yaya Toure, please do.

mate, look through the posts. you've basically made 1 point - he is lazy and used Ajax, Barca etc examples to show it. you've acknowledged that he's a good footballer but you've failed to state why you think that he's not good for the pivot.

i am just voicing my opinion - even about rafa. it is my opinion that we fans shouldn't boo Rafa nor insult him until he leaves the club and let him do his job. What do you mean by 'Peace clearly shown/proven you?' - what are you on about? i will defend my opinion regardless of what Peace or anyone thinks. it's not right to boo the manager even if it is Rafa Benitez. It is affecting the player's performance on the pitch.

there is no right answer. if there was a right answer - what is the point of discussion boards? we are all voicing opinions here. Now, if you have anything to add about Yaya Toure, please do.

You defend it even though it's wrong.

And what proof did you show me on Toure? nothing, oh what that he snapped Drogs? Fantastic proof, infact you know what, wait there mate ima go get you a medal brb

You defend it even though it's wrong.

And what proof did you show me on Toure? nothing, oh what that he snapped Drogs? Fantastic proof, infact you know what, wait there mate ima go get you a medal brb

no offense mate, but seriously we could have just avoided derailing the thread if we had just left it with agree to disagree.

btw, yaya toure ran 11.5 km/90 mins in CL last season - behind only Raul Meireles, Juan Mata and Michael Carrick in the PL. this year, his distance covered stats read 10.875km/game. Only few midfielders like Claudio Marchisio, Siem de Jong have better distance to game ratio than him. evidence of his work ethic right there.

source: uefa.com

no offense mate, but seriously we could have just avoided derailing the thread if we had just left it with agree to disagree.

btw, yaya toure ran 11.5 km/90 mins in CL last season - behind only Raul Meireles, Juan Mata and Michael Carrick in the PL. this year, his distance covered stats read 10.875km/game. Only few midfielders like Claudio Marchisio, Siem de Jong have better distance to game ratio than him. evidence of his work ethic right there.

source: uefa.com

LOL LOL LOL STATS AS YOUR EVIDENCE

Yeh well IDC man, because Backstreet agrees with me, has he liked your posts? no he hasn't, so therefor your posts just aren't good enough.

well, atleast i brought up evidence to back my opinion.

LOL LOL LOL STATS AS YOUR EVIDENCE

Yeh well IDC man, because Backstreet agrees with me, has he liked your posts? no he hasn't, so therefor your posts just aren't good enough.

well if that's your criteria. you should be pleased with yourself.