Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

The club is struggling to offer Eden £200k a week. I don't think we can compete with the clubs blessed by the FFP such as Bayern, United, Barcelona, City and Real of course financially, If he comes I can't see him getting more than £200k weekly wage.

We're not struggling with FFP at all, especially after the excellent business we did this summer.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing Reus may be a pipe dream atm but I really regret that we didn't make an offer for Alexis Sanchez, he would have been great as our RW. I don't think he would have still chosen arsenal over chelsea if we had an offer for him. He is a bargain at 30 million pounds.

We're not struggling with FFP at all, especially after the excellent business we did this summer.

What I'm saying is that we don't have the financial power of some other teams. United has 2 or 3 players which are on £250+k weekly wage while our biggest stars (Costa, Cesc, Hazard) are in the region of £150k-190k. And the problem is not that we're struggling with FFP but that in order to comply we can't be on the same level as United, Real, Barca.

Barcelona doesn't need him. How is he going to breakthrough a front 3 of Neymar-Messi-Suarez. Well, I'd play Reus instead of Neymar but he costed them like 70m? Can't see any of those 3 getting benched.

And is the 20m release clause effective by January? I thought it's next summer?

What I'm saying is that we don't have the financial power of some other teams. United has 2 or 3 players which are on £250+k weekly wage while our biggest stars (Costa, Cesc, Hazard) are in the region of £150k-190k. And the problem is not that we're struggling with FFP but that in order to comply we can't be on the same level as United, Real, Barca.

If we wanted to we could afford to have 1 or 2 players on 200k. We've slashed our wage bills massively so there's definitely space. We aren't as far behind United, Real and Barca as you're trying to make it seem.

Just because the club are being smart with contracts and transfers doesn't mean we don't have the capacity to offer Reus £200k+.

I love Shirley, but I like Reus better. Why would he go to Barca? He'd be guaranteed a starting spot here, that's one of the main reasons Hazard chose us. And we're a promising team, financially stable, passionate owner, great players, and the best manager in the world. Plus we compete on all fronts. He'd be cup tied for the CL, but he'd help us win the PL.

Signing Reus may be a pipe dream atm but I really regret that we didn't make an offer for Alexis Sanchez, he would have been great as our RW. I don't think he would have still chosen arsenal over chelsea if we had an offer for him. He is a bargain at 30 million pounds.

I was pleading for the signing of Alexis Sanchez. It's was a no-brainer really, he fits into our side like a glove. Mourinho probably felt that we had enough with Schurrle and Willian but its becoming clearer with each passing match that neither are really good enough for Chelsea.

Sanchez is miles ahead of Willian and Schurrle offensively and his workrate is also hugely impressive. But would he be more of a goalscoring threat than what we have now? Our system is clearly skewed to allow Hazard more freedom on the right (hence why we have an out-and-out left back) whilst on the right we have a more attacking right-back and a more defensively-orientated right winger who has a huge defensive duty. Would Sanchez be able to do that? If we had Hazard and Sanchez we'd be wonderful to watch but we'd lose a lot of defensive solidarity. Maybe Schurrle and Willian's attacking instincts are just being curtailed by José so that we don't go into attacking overload. Being the best team isn't about having the best individual players (as Man City demonstrate) - it is about having the best collective balance and dynamism. Schurrle and Willian are thusly better suited to us and our system than Sanchez, and indeed Reus, though if we wanted to be even more attacking then, yes, I accept your point - we'd have been stupid to have gone for Reus should he become available.

Sanchez is miles ahead of Willian and Schurrle offensively and his workrate is also hugely impressive. But would he be more of a goalscoring threat than what we have now? Our system is clearly skewed to allow Hazard more freedom on the right (hence why we have an out-and-out left back) whilst on the right we have a more attacking right-back and a more defensively-orientated right winger who has a huge defensive duty. Would Sanchez be able to do that? If we had Hazard and Sanchez we'd be wonderful to watch but we'd lose a lot of defensive solidarity. Maybe Schurrle and Willian's attacking instincts are just being curtailed by José so that we don't go into attacking overload. Being the best team isn't about having the best individual players (as Man City demonstrate) - it is about having the best collective balance and dynamism. Schurrle and Willian are thusly better suited to us and our system than Sanchez, and indeed Reus, though if we wanted to be even more attacking then, yes, I accept your point - we'd have been stupid to have gone for Reus should he become available.

Couldn't agree more. That's also why we see Hazard being allowed the freedom to also switch flanks with Willian/Schurrle, I have no doubt that Mourinho has allowed him to do this. That's why I don't agree when people suggest we should sell those guys, because their defensive contributions (Willian especially) give the side a much needed balance. Arsenal actually highlight this point very well. They give Sanchez, Walcott, Ozil et al too much freedom, in line with a slow defensive set up means they're far too exposed.

Against big teams away I can agree with your point. But against small teams at home or away his contribution isn't any different either. So I don't agree at this.

And Brana is possibly the best defensive Right back in the Premier League. Willian can easily play fully attacking football against small teams etc. but still his contribution is next to nil in output.

Willian is basically just a WORKHORSE nothing more. And you know what Alexis works AS hard as Willian so it's no point that he wouldn't help us defensively.

And if you say we can't afford to play 2 wingers fully attacking football against small teams at home I don't think we deserve to be called favourties for PL and one of for CL.

I think Sanchez would have been a solid fit here tbh. Excellent energy and offensive capability.

I don't really think Reus should go to Barca though, I know Suarez is a bit off lately but breaking through a trio of Neymar-Messi-Suarez is hard af.

My only worry about getting Reus is that he turns out crap after leaving them. So many players that left haven't really hit the heights that they were supposed to.

I think it would be hugely hypocritical of him to go to Bayern too. But that seems to be the most likely destination for me. I still it's unlikely that he would want to come here but maybe if we win the CL again then we get a repeat of the Hazard situation :D Either that or we treat Shirley really well and he convinces Reus to come along. :yay:

Why join Bayern?

Because the team is meant to win now and for the future....

Munich young generation.

Gotze, thiago, bernat, alaba, weiser, gaudinho, green, Rode, hoiberg, shaq....

Reus is german.

Reus reunited with the dortmund buddies.

TBH, I thought Dortmund counter attacking team of 2 seasons ago was better than Real madrid team last season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You