Marco Reus

OneMoSalah

I must be the only one here who has moved from an automatic YES vote to sitting on the fence.

Adding Reus would be over kill sort of... I can see the need for him in the Champions league latter stages but he's cup tied. We could be out of sight come January in the Prem and adding a talent like Reus would almost assure we will run away with the league.

I do want Chelsea to be the mosr dominating force in Europe, however, I would rather the Prem not resemble the German league in the process. I love the competition and would like it to stay a competition.

Chelsea are obviously already huge favourites to grab the best talent in the world mainly due to location and money. If we can't even see a competitive top 4 this league will be dead...

having said that I wouldn't hate it if we got Reus...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do want Chelsea to be the mosr dominating force in Europe, however, I would rather the Prem not resemble the German league in the process. I love the competition and would like it to stay a competition.

I understand if you were neutral and had that view, but as a Chelsea supporter you're basically saying you want us to deliberately hinder our development so that others could have a sniff. This is quite complacent, don't get arrogant over a few months of good spell, remember the history. I think in the coming seasons you'll be surprised of how competitive the premier league still is, even if we do happen to run away with it this season. Here you never have a dominant force for prolonged periods of time, thus we need to constantly be on the look-out and evolve, so that our inevitable fall from potential dominance gets pushed further and further into the future.

Also, sitting on the fence seriously hurts your butt, so get your ass to the YES camp.

I must be the only one here who has moved from an automatic YES vote to sitting on the fence.

Adding Reus would be over kill sort of... I can see the need for him in the Champions league latter stages but he's cup tied. We could be out of sight come January in the Prem and adding a talent like Reus would almost assure we will run away with the league.

Chelsea are obviously already huge favourites to grab the best talent in the world mainly due to location and money. If we can't even see a competitive top 4 this league will be dead...

How does letting Reus go to Bayern help the competitiveness of the German league? Let's face it, it's either us, one of the Manchester clubs or Bayern grabbing this player. And Chelsea FC in my opinion isn't just competing on the domestic stage, but is a representing the English football on European level as well. Adding Reus to our forward line-up would therefore only increase the competition at the very top of world football.

But yeah, I'm not so sure whether Reus should be swapped here on January or should we wait until the summer. On winter transfer window, it would become a tug-of-war about the transfer fee (not sure if it goes like that though), whilst on summer it would be all about the salary. Either case, we are in good situation in terms of financial power, attractiveness (players, manager, location, league), and also the fact that we have the player Dortmund want as a replacement (assumption).

If we were to swap Schurrle for Reus on January, would we be able to add another player to our CL squad (Baker, Boga etc.)?

But yeah, I'm not so sure whether Reus should be swapped here on January or should we wait until the summer.

It's a non-question. Summer, because January is bad luck. And so far this season we have no reason to disrupt our functioning team. I would be for January only if other teams went in aggressively and left us no choice.

This season we hardly need him i agree, the league is ours to lose and we can't use him for the CL. Come next season, unless Schürrle and Salah make a complete switcharound i doubt they will stay. Schürrle had alot more chances than Mata and KDB despite beïng a worse player (atleast for a starting spot). Assuming we will keep Willian, adding Reus or Sterling seems a logical choice. Pogba doesn't make sense anymore because Oscar is here to stay and i can't see José putting him on the wings.

Ideal scenario for me is Reus coming in with a youngster (Boga?). Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Reus + Boga and we should be set for the next couple of 3 years atleast. There is not much to upgrade in our current squad, but we can't ignore quality when it pops up.

How does letting Reus go to Bayern help the competitiveness of the German league? Let's face it, it's either us, one of the Manchester clubs or Bayern grabbing this player. And Chelsea FC in my opinion isn't just competing on the domestic stage, but is a representing the English football on European level as well. Adding Reus to our forward line-up would therefore only increase the competition at the very top of world football.

But yeah, I'm not so sure whether Reus should be swapped here on January or should we wait until the summer. On winter transfer window, it would become a tug-of-war about the transfer fee (not sure if it goes like that though), whilst on summer it would be all about the salary. Either case, we are in good situation in terms of financial power, attractiveness (players, manager, location, league), and also the fact that we have the player Dortmund want as a replacement (assumption).

If we were to swap Schurrle for Reus on January, would we be able to add another player to our CL squad (Baker, Boga etc.)?

Have I even mentioned the German league? I don't give two shits about the bundesliga.

And you're missing my point. This is about the Prem! Signing Reus makes the Prem become more of a formality, if this comes off as it should we basically will be playing for the champions league like Bayern and to a lesser extent PSG. I hated when Bayern did it and it would be no different if Chelsea did.

This season we hardly need him i agree, the league is ours to lose and we can't use him for the CL. Come next season, unless Schürrle and Salah make a complete switcharound i doubt they will stay. Schürrle had alot more chances than Mata and KDB despite beïng a worse player (atleast for a starting spot). Assuming we will keep Willian, adding Reus or Sterling seems a logical choice. Pogba doesn't make sense anymore because Oscar is here to stay and i can't see José putting him on the wings.

Ideal scenario for me is Reus coming in with a youngster (Boga?). Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Reus + Boga and we should be set for the next couple of 3 years atleast. There is not much to upgrade in our current squad, but we can't ignore quality when it pops up.

Bakkali. Apparently we are the first option to sign him.

Hazard - Bakkali - Oscar - William - Reus

The perfect MP/wing combination.

I understand if you were neutral and had that view, but as a Chelsea supporter you're basically saying you want us to deliberately hinder our development so that others could have a sniff. This is quite complacent, don't get arrogant over a few months of good spell, remember the history. I think in the coming seasons you'll be surprised of how competitive the premier league still is, even if we do happen to run away with it this season. Here you never have a dominant force for prolonged periods of time, thus we need to constantly be on the look-out and evolve, so that our inevitable fall from potential dominance gets pushed further and further into the future.

Also, sitting on the fence seriously hurts your butt, so get your ass to the YES camp.

Not at all... I'm a football fan I love the competition that is the Premiership, Chelsea is already dominating that division. We are in a lot of ways developed! We have a very balanced squad. This talk about the coming seasons doesn't weigh in at all, at current we are head and shoulders ahead of our rivals adding Reus only makes the gap even further and forces the other teams to buy more to keep the gap reasonable.

Evolution should occur in development not in buy ready made players like Reus who at current we don't need. I want to win everything every year but I enjoy having games where we battle and the result isn't a foregone conclusion.

Have I even mentioned the German league? I don't give two shits about the bundesliga.

And you're missing my point. This is about the Prem! Signing Reus makes the Prem become more of a formality, if this comes off as it should we basically will be playing for the champions league like Bayern and to a lesser extent PSG. I hated when Bayern did it and it would be no different if Chelsea did.

I cant undestand that at all, you want Chelsea to not be too good? me as a fan dont give a crap about competitiveness in PL, i wish we'll win it every year for the next 5-6 years. Other teams are not poor at all, CIty? United? spending money like crazy, they're probably as rich as we at least, its nothing like Bayern-Bundesliga where Dortmund is the 2nd biggest club and Bayern take all their stars. Its tottaly different, clubs like CIty and United should try to catch us if we're keep improving.

Not at all... I'm a football fan I love the competition that is the Premiership, Chelsea is already dominating that division. We are in a lot of ways developed! We have a very balanced squad. This talk about the coming seasons doesn't weigh in at all, at current we are head and shoulders ahead of our rivals adding Reus only makes the gap even further and forces the other teams to buy more to keep the gap reasonable.

Evolution should occur in development not in buy ready made players like Reus who at current we don't need. I want to win everything every year but I enjoy having games where we battle and the result isn't a foregone conclusion.

Reus is a top 15 player, if he's available, and interested, we cannot turn that down. The PL would still be competitive, just not as much.

I want to win everything every year but I enjoy having games where we battle and the result isn't a foregone conclusion.

And is it like that now? Because I can remember quite a few games where we scraped through. We are good, probably the best in the league currently, but we could be better and we should be better, if we are going for everything. We will have a squeaky spell and then I doubt you'll be so confident of our dominance.

I cant undestand that at all, you want Chelsea to not be too good? me as a fan dont give a crap about competitiveness in PL, i wish we'll win it every year for the next 5-6 years. Other teams are not poor at all, CIty? United? spending money like crazy, its nothing like Bayern-Bundesliga where Dortmund is the 2nd biggest club and Bayern take all their stars. Its tottaly different, clubs like CIty and United should try to catch us if we're keep improving.

Hey man you're entitled to your opinion. I like the Premiership and I despise what has happened in other competitions like the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and also La Liga... I like competition, I like the idea that there is a good possibility that when we play Crystal Palace they can get a result, its what makes the Prem so compelling. I hate what is happening in Germany right now!

You're talking about City (who have been sanctioned) and Man U (who are miles off the pace having already spent a record amount in the window this year) come on dude...

If we sign Reus, would not be the same case that PSG or Bayern.
PSG not has a economically rival. He can do a signing that other cant not do because dont have the money of they.
And in the case of Bayern, the point not is that they sign very good players, the case is that they sign players for his ONLY rival. They strengthen and in the same time, weakened his rival.
In the premier league other clubs can sign great players for do a great competition... If we sign Reus is because we do a great move and are more intelligent for signing players that others.

Reus is a top 15 player, if he's available, and interested, we cannot turn that down. The PL would still be competitive, just not as much.

Meh... We already have a world beater of a team that hasn't even fully developed yet. I'm not saying no but I am saying the integrity of the competition is at stake here and its getting to the point where we could be out of sight long before January. That's not cocky either, its the reality. I enjoy games like the one last year where we went to Anfield and battled for that 2-0 win! I enjoy the unpredictably of the competition! I dislike what is going on in most of the other leagues where every year before the season starts you can predict with 95% accuracy who will win.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You