Jase

Man of the Match  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the home fans earn the right to show their anger ,,,not sure that internet warriors do

Why because you paid for your ticket and we payed for our cable??? if we live in london or anywhere in england for that matter we would be home fans too. Dont see why watching chelsea from our living room gives us less rights and all that.

I am sick of armchair fans critising those who go to games especially our travelling fans ,,,Many of our season ticket holders where there before Roman there before Jose ,,,but what right have you to criticise then .

You don't know anything about me so humble up there with the name calling. If the great season ticket holders are attending then instead of the boos and early departures they might as well make some noise and encourage the team a bit. Wouldn't that help ?

and if your angry trying to score some likes with that post towards me u might wanna sit your ass down for a second.

how can you blame the fans? they sang their heart out every fucking game. they carried the "we know what we are" chant to every stadium we've visited this season. they travelled to the other end of the world. and you have the guts to blame them when the team is fucking rotten?

If you think the atmosphere at the bridge today was okay, then you must have been watching another game.

Anyone that keeps saying the boos are not PART OF the cause for our players (especially mata's) drop in peformance at the bridge then they must be naïve.

Let's keep booing, insulting the coach or preserve the hostile atmosphere and keep loosing. I'm sure that's more important than chelsea winning these days :fainthv9:

Ramirez and Lampard arent good enough as a partnership. It was apparent for minute 1.

Oscar has a shocker today and Mata play crap overall.

Cant believe Torres came on.......

Cant believe fans were still singing about RDM. We have the stupidest fans in history.

I think the home fans earn the right to show their anger ,,,not sure that internet warriors do

You can't deny that the atmosphere generated by these fans is having a negative effect on the team.

They don't like the appointment of Benitez, I get it, but they're still Chelsea fans first and foremost. I'm indifferent to him, frankly because it's obvious to me that there's no longer room for sentiment in football.

Roman's been here a while, you'd think the fans would have realised that he doesn't listen to them. They may as well sing for the 11 on the pitch, not the one standing in the dugout.

Also criticizing fans who don't go to games is ridiculous. They are as much Chelsea fans as anyone else, Chelsea is a global brand, so what if people who live outside of England don't go to games, they are every bit as much a Chelsea fan as an English fan who goes to a game every week or whatever. If they watch games on TV, support the team through moments like this and cheer them on from home what gives anyone the right to say they aren't as important as fans at games?

This is getting out of hand though, we fucked up. Beating Arsenal next weekend will make up for this.

You don't know anything about me so humble up there with the name calling. If the great season ticket holders are attending then instead of the boos and early departures they might as well make some noise and encourage the team a bit. Wouldn't that help ?

and if your angry trying to score some likes with that post towards me u might wanna sit your ass down for a second.

and you know nothing about me ,,, I DO know a lot of long standing fans who are sick of the decisions being made,

You make it sound like it is everyone in the ground. I go to the Bridge every week and was there tonight, there are a lot of people with common sense who are fed up with the booing and the general negativity at the matches. Unfortunately there are just more morons who think by making the atmosphere as hostile as possible, they will achieve something or it will have a positive effect.

Regarding the game, it was a dire performance overall, even when we were two up. Southampton's changes made a difference and as the match went on we lost control in the midfield. As a certain Mr.Hiddink would say, you need to react. We didn't make changes early enough and they punished us. Seen it countless times over the years at the Bridge.

and you know nothing about me ,,, I DO know a lot of long standing fans who are sick of the decisions being made,

Yes, you are right. i DON'T know anything about you that's why im not here insulting you or any other member.

What i DO know is that most ''arm-chair'' fair have the same feelings as the long standing fans who are sick of the decisions being made, the only difference being an ocean that separates the ones attending SB.

Anyway, i don't wanna derail this thread any longer. If u think it's fine for supporters to attend and worsen the negative cloud that hangs above the stadium just because you supported Chelsea longer then others then that's perfectly fine.

I wasn't blaming the fans for anything but some were posting SB statistics and how it's fucking up our form and the shit mood created partly by the fans might just be your answer.

So it's the fans fault now is it? I get home from encouraging the team in -2 degrees for 90 minutes on a Wednesday night with a team full of players that don't give a fuck, a clueless manager, my ticket is contributing to their wages and I'm partly to blame and should not be able to voice my frustration. Seems fair enough.

I feel this is both a combination of complacency and the atmosphere at the bridge these days.

I can only imagine what Benitez said to them at half time. He seems to instill no desire in his players whatsoever, just like the QPR game. Even when it was 2-1, I only saw a few at it; it's like they're overloaded on tactics or he just says "follow my tactics and we'll be fine". It reminds me of Ibrahimovic saying that he would "kill for Mourinho", I'm not saying he can motivate any of our players to such an extent, but at least so much so as to not lose a 2-0 lead to fucking relegation candidates.

I agree with those who say the atmosphere is also a big factor. I feel it started with the media coverage, particularly Sky Sports, of Benitez being appointed, reminding all of the Chelsea fans of what he said in the past etc. It was the equivalent of waving a red flag and a lot of (sheepish) people took the bait. I don't think he would've got anywhere near as bad a reaction if so much coverage hadn't been done on it. It's like people saw this and said: "Hey look, we're supposed to hate Benitez!", and it snowballed from there.

Booing your own manager is fucking idiotic, no matter who it is. The last thing it does is help.