Chelsea 2-2 Southampton

Jase

Man of the Match  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Well, this is my take on the game.... .....absolutely atrocious!

I seriously can't believe we can't win at the Bridge anymore!! We get caught with our pants down against QPR, two big errors from Ivanovic results in us virtually on the brink against Swansea in the League Cup, and now we've squandered a 2-0 lead at home to Southampton!

One thing that springs to mind in terms of our problems is we don't have enough leadership on the pitch.. and I know Lampard is captaining us and getting our valueable goals at the moment.. can't fault him at that, but JT can't return soon enough, because our defence at times is just all at sea without him there! No-one drives the players on before a match like Terry does.

Also, what I found to be extremely offensive while watching the game, was that Benitez brought off Lampard, when he could have scored an all important winner (like he always does), and then replaces him with Torres, and sticks him on the right... THAT IS A COMPLETE INSULT! I mean, AVB last season made some silly changes during his time as manager, but Benitez just takes the piss.. literally! He KNOWS Lampard is our game changer, he KNOWS Torres is off form, why make a ridiculous change like that! It's just stupid!

I was hoping that Benitez would go at the end of this season after his interim position finishes, but my heart keeps saying now, that he needs to be given the sack earlier than that because I don't think I can take any more of this bullshit! We've only one ONCE in SEVEN home games, and with every game we lose or draw at home, the pain is even more unbearable!

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE CHANGED NOW!!

P.S. Currently, Benitez makes AVB look like Chelsea's manager of the decade! <_<

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok think we all need to chill out - no point in arguing amongst ourselves...

Ok we threw away a 2 goal lead, not the first time and won't be the last.

We're 1 point better off than we were and 1 less game to go, we're in 3rd place - need a good performance at the weekend!

We've played a shit load of games week in week out. Mental strength isn't something often considered, but I guess th players are drained, mentally and physically.

So we knew this season would be a Rollercoaster - some expected a smoother ride than others - but we've paid our money (season ticket, cable, merchandise, time, whatever has been invested) - and we're on the ride, we can't get off and there's no 'emergency stop' button, we've got to make it to the end...

So lets not argue. Think positive about the weekend - @hutcho CFC needs to make some positive posts, they worked before :)

Keep calm and carry on right? :)

What he said...

So it's the fans fault now is it? I get home from encouraging the team in -2 degrees for 90 minutes on a Wednesday night with a team full of players that don't give a fuck, a clueless manager, my ticket is contributing to their wages and I'm partly to blame and should not be able to voice my frustration. Seems fair enough.

Mate, you and that lot better keep quiet next time you're out on the cold, because players may get frustrated on their way back in their warm Lamborghinis. Oh, and you'd better not shout anything at Fernando! Just keep supporting him for another 2 years. He will come good. Besides, what's that "Rafa OUT" all about? He seems like a nice bloke! Draw against the team fighting the relegation on your own statium is not that bad.

Someone said he cant wait to see JT and Ivanovic as our CB partner again. Its the same old story: waiting for the same old players to solve our problems. It was the same they were saying about Lampard, "I cant wait to see him back". He is back and the team is still far way from the top, and the UCL place next season is in jeopardy.

Today there is no Torres to blame. The problem is deeper. The team doesnt have leaders after a whole season with managers with few powers (AVB and RDM), and right now the old guard have few influence (Drogba already left), Lampard and Cole are leaving.

Whats is left is a bunch of "young players". It really makes me angry these kind of deals, its clear there is no manager buying players, RDM didnt buy anyone, its probably Emelano the man behind all those deals. Now it seems we are trying Isco, another Uanynumberyoulike.

The team for the future. New Arsenal or what?

In comparison with the rest of the elite European clubs, we are without a doubt the most inconsistent side and we play the most boring and unnattractive football. Millions spent, yet teams like Southampton and QPR manage to outplay us at home, this is just embarrassing. I for one cannot wait for this season to end, and I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the fans feel the same way.

couple of more results like this in the hope and we might actually pave way for Arsenal to jump into the top 4

can't believe Torres got votes for MOTM x.x

had a decent chance at putting us in the lead and bang it goes way off target !

And also thought Marin would be introduced for Oscar because Oscar had a slightly odd outing for me. RB had 3 subs , the moment the first goal was scored he should have introduced some changes but no he didn't we waited till the equalizer was scored. It is really embarrassing to see Torres really, I feel really sad for him because he is certainly trying hard but unfortunately he still doubts himself (confidence is very very low) at the same time feel like bashing him.

RB should have done something after the first goal, which he didn't clearly shows that he is stupid :P

Whats is left is a bunch of "young players". It really makes me angry these kind of deals, its clear there is no manager buying players, RDM didnt buy anyone, its probably Emelano the man behind all those deals. Now it seems we are trying Isco, another Uanynumberyoulike.

The team for the future. New Arsenal or what?

Arsenal actually makes money on their transfers. We've spent like a billion pounds (literally) in the last decade. I do agree with you that this buying for the future thing is bizarre. If you have the money that Chelsea have, you simply don't need to do that. You can buy for the present and also buy up a bunch of top young players. It just makes no sense. Also agree that there seems to be little rationale behind some of the buys. We seem to be chasing more skilled attacking midfielders. (Isco, Taison, etc...) Why?? It's the only position (except maybe CB) where we have a lot of depth.

I have just finished watching game and there are a few point that I notice:

• Hazard and Mata partnership is getting better
  • Did I just see Torres on the right wing and Cahil play as striker ?
  • We really miss mikel/romeu, because none of ramires/lampard feels comfortable play holding.

In terms of performance, almost our entire team let us down tonight - only Hazard, Luiz & Ba seemed to really be up for it & continued their good current form.

Unfortunately the likes of Azpilicuetta & Ramires had a fairly appalling game, whilst Oscar & Mata went completely missing for long periods & really didn't contribute a whole lot. Cole & Cahill also looked anything but solid at the back.

& while Lamps was average for the most part - although he did have a good first half & played a crucial part with some great work around the box for the first goal - subbing our most likely goalscorer off for the least likely after 80 minutes, when we needed a goal from somewhere, was one of the most frustratingly pointless decisions I have ever seen any manager make, especially when we didn't even change up the system to go with two up front & just stuck Torres out on the right where Oscar had been largely anonymous for the best part of an hour. If anyone should have come off, & considerably earlier in the game too, it should have been Oscar for Marin.

But for those of you who think this was our strongest line up, I disagree - it might have worked against Stoke, but so many of our players brought their A-game in that match whilst no one really seemed to do that today, & that left us exposed in many areas.

Was Ivanovic injured? Because if not, I don't understand why Luiz didn't start in midfield with Lamps & Cahill/JT alongside Ivan at the back. We all know that Cahill with Luiz is just asking for trouble against better forwards, & the moment that Lambert came on it could not have been more evident this was going to be the case. & we might have then been able to afford Ramires a role on the right, because no matter what you might think, he is a better natural winger than Oscar is.

Take nothing away from Southampton though, they deserved the draw in all fairness - Lambert was a beast & changed the entire game by dominating Cahill, Shaw was leaving Oscar & Azpi in the dust everytime he got forward, & Puncheon's goal was utterly exquisite.

Why is it that we are not capable of raising our game & injecting urgency into our play the way that they were able to in the second half?

Some could blame the players' inconsistency in performances, & that would be fair in many cases - but I think it's the system & the roles they are being expected to fill within it that are causing us to display almost bi-polar characteristics between different games.

You really do have to wonder what Rafa says to them exactly at half time, if he does actually contribute anything, other than 'keep calm & carry on'. Whatever the case, it is clear that his current methods aren't working.

^^ I concur Azpi had a terrible game, especially defensively. Perhaps time for a rest and move Iva back to the RB position for a little while.

We were not good from the start to finish. Chelsea lose the midfield so easily it's not even funny.

BTW, i'm not necessarily sure Lampard and Ramires were to blame for the lack of midfield display there. Whoever plays in midfield gets no help from the CAM e wingers. Those guys need to drop back and do the midfield work, otherwise we will always lack numbers.

team lacks hunger.fuck i want this season to be finished.players needed to take some reponsibility for these poor results for sure.mata needs to know how important he is for a team that have world wide fan base about 135mil and try to play more consistant please.

and special thanks to jim for his minute by min commentary on twitter :tophat: .its really helpful who werent able to watch the match live.

team lacks hunger.fuck i want this season to be finished.players needed to take some reponsibility for these poor results for sure.mata needs to know how important he is for a team that have world wide fan base about 135mil and try to play more consistant please.

and special thanks to jim for his minute by min commentary on twitter :tophat: .its really helpful who werent able to watch the match live.

I Went To The Game Live :D

team lacks hunger.fuck i want this season to be finished.players needed to take some reponsibility for these poor results for sure.mata needs to know how important he is for a team that have world wide fan base about 135mil and try to play more consistent please.

He clearly needs rest. The problem is the team is hugely dependent on him performing.

Today's game partially RB has to take the blame because the moment the first goal was scored and he knew the players on pitch( Oscar and Mata ) are having an average day should have substituted them.

poor play from Benitez, Southampton's subs were impact subs ours *face palm* Torres *sighs*