Chelsea 2-2 Southampton

Jase

Man of the Match  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

When Torres came on it seemed we changed to plan B long balls hoofed up for Ba to knock down for Torres to finish ..

Great idea Baldric ...since that doesnt suit Demba's style and Torres 's finishing ,,,YEA ...

Saints just loved the change .. Have a turnip Rafa

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I see it, several posters in here admitted Chelsea´s thin bench. Hardly any option there.

Since, some of us see it, then my question as follows:

What could Rafa had done then ?

Very true about the thin bench, bt benitez made one bad mistake of removing lampard for torres when we needed a goal.

The rest of the blame was on the players, mata, oscar, azpi, a cole, torres and cahil all had bad games.

The players missed chances to kill off the game, we had chances to score so rafa's tactics were not bad. And he didn't have any reasonable player to add on to give a goal since we have the worst attackin bench in the top four.

The bench isn't as strong as it could be, but we were 2-0 at half-time against a weak team. Benitez sends them out for the second-half and we give that performance and he isn't at least partly to blame?

Have you seen the bench, lately ?

Had Chelsea not have chances to put away the game ? Players did not convert those chances.

Very true about the thin bench, bt benitez made one bad mistake of removing lampard for torres when we needed a goal.

The rest of the blame was on the players, mata, oscar, azpi, a cole, torres and cahil all had bad games.

The players missed chances to kill off the game, we had chances to score so rafa's tactics were not bad. And he didn't have any reasonable player to add on to give a goal since we have the worst attackin bench in the top four.

Perhaps, he made mistake to put Torres on. Did he have chances to score ? I saw two. He had not scored again.

And they can have their share of the blame, but are you saying that Rafa isn't the cause in any way, shape or form?

No, I am not saying he should not be blamed at all. Somehow, you blame him only as if he was the one who is on the pitch to score.

The whole team is to blame & mostly the management for those idiotic loans. There is no bench.

Well i more or less saw the game, stream was a slideshow so i cant vote Motm really.

While its certailny odd that we are doing better away then at home, i feel our main problem is the pivot.

At the start of the game,( when my stream was still good,) you could just see how hard it was to get the ball to Mazacar, it just went too slow imho.

Theres been alot of talk about Fellaini, but im not sure If he would be the right player to resolve this issue... Maybe If he played with KDB in the pivot though...

There is nothing worse than watching that shit and coming here not being able to get on the forum due to high levels of traffic which never used to happen until the last year or so because i was gonna rant so fucking bad but now i'm kinda over it, it's happened enough lately hasn't it! That game was another one of those games which i couldn't believe what i was watching. 2-0 up, half time, easy... then wtf was that? They scored 2 very good goals granted but we shoulda attacked more and scored a few more ourselves. The tempo was absolutely pathetic.

Saying that, if we can beat Arsenal and turn the Swansea tie around, everything will be fine but quite frankly that is not going to happen playing like that. Rafa's start must be the worst start for a Chelsea manager since err... someone lol. Stability!? It's worse ffs!

Considering the team and squad we have, this season has been an absolute disaster so far.

Benitez has confirmed that our squad is not fit enough for the long run.

If he said that days ago I would have found it offensive but I am coming to terms with the reality that he is our manager and I cannot do much about it. And he is actually right. Looking at the team we all must agree that we actually don't have a big squad or we don't use most of them, or maybe they are not good enough and only the coaching staff actually knows.

Coming to our squad we really don't need players like Paulo, Turnbull or Hilario. The main aim for the squad is to use them when you want and to be able to rely on them, but most fans here get shivers through their spines when we are not using Cech. He has not rested since the beginning of the season which is bad as he is simply not a machine and our remaining two keepers lack match fitness.

There is also a rumuor that he has told the board he needs a new left back, defensive midfielder and a striker. This I completely agree with but left to me it`s our board who have put him in the position to ask. If we did not loan Essien (with the games I saw him he play looked better that Romeu and sometimes Mikel) or sell Meireles (squad player but did well sometimes and some wonderful goals from him) we might have been able to rotate more.

Another thing that worries me is that he needs a striker, but I thought deep down Torres was leaving and we are getting at least two strikers or bring back Lukaku get a striker and get rid of Torres but that may not seem to be the case.

Also so many players have been linked to Chelsea in recent times, I understand that because we buy lots of players and we have a new manager, so one or two players are bound to come on , but before we deep into our pockets to get players why can`t we actually bring some players back from loans?

Instead of getting a defender we can bring back Bruma who to me is not a youngster anymore because he will be 22 next January, instead of getting Paulinho simply bring back KDB and use him instead and instead of getting a left back bring back Patrick van Aanholt and see how he fares in the team.

I was impressed when Lukaku came on for West Brom last week when he had the assist and hit the bar, but I think it will be better for him to stay there for the rest of the season or even Josh can return and play with Lampard as it seems he cannot stay fit for a month anymore, if they are not good enough we can simply sell them at the end of the season and get replacements.

We have 25 players on loan (a fully registered squad is also 25). Hope the board makes the right decision in the coming weeks as whatever they do will go a long way.

Here is something what Rafa already said 3 weeks ago.
As I said last night , reaffirmed it today, Chelsea is too thin.

Someone said he cant wait to see JT and Ivanovic as our CB partner again. Its the same old story: waiting for the same old players to solve our problems. It was the same they were saying about Lampard, "I cant wait to see him back". He is back and the team is still far way from the top, and the UCL place next season is in jeopardy.

Today there is no Torres to blame. The problem is deeper. The team doesnt have leaders after a whole season with managers with few powers (AVB and RDM), and right now the old guard have few influence (Drogba already left), Lampard and Cole are leaving.

Whats is left is a bunch of "young players". It really makes me angry these kind of deals, its clear there is no manager buying players, RDM didnt buy anyone, its probably Emelano the man behind all those deals. Now it seems we are trying Isco, another Uanynumberyoulike.

The team for the future. New Arsenal or what?

What are you talking about Henrique?

Arsenal is hell of a profitable club, we are more like Loserpool....

Fuckyes! I'm happy this is happening :D

Would you people rather have us kicking arse, winning the league and then keeping Rafa while Jose looks to return to England?

Keep it up Rafa ;)

Awful game for Mata I must notice. His passing was a bit of, his work rate lower and generally he wasn't near his best.
Nothing I would add on Torres and his sub...idiotic.

Brilliant goal by Ba :blue scalf: I really really like his play style. He keeps it simple, passes when he isn't in a good position to shoot, and when he shoots it's usually dangerous. His jumping game adds to our play also a lot. Keep it up Dembabito!

I don't know if we should buy a shitload of players this January just because the squads thin... People are forgetting that in the summer we're getting a ton of quality players back in the squad.

I'd like to see Benayoun get involved with the first team again too.

Perhaps, he made mistake to put Torres on. Did he have chances to score ? I saw two. He had not scored again.

Torres did not score. That was a surprise.

My complained about benitez was why so expansive in the 2nd half.

We should have played compact take out either hazard/oscar and bring bertrand.

Torres did not score. That was a surprise.

My complained about benitez was why so expansive in the 2nd half.

We should have played compact take out either hazard/oscar and bring bertrand.

There are too many chiefs but not enough Indians here.