Jase

Man of the Match  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just awful. Why do we start our games so slowly? Even our big wins against Leeds and Stoke, we were very poor for the first 45. We are waiting for the other team to dictate play. Some of that is the players and some of that is coaching. Basically, everybody was pretty poor except Ba and Hazard. The Mata/Hazard/Oscar trio doesn't work. Lampard/Ramires doesn't work. I feel bad for Marin. We have no wingers right now and he still won't get a look. That said, we should be able to put out just about any starting XI and beat Southampton at home. This is just awful. Worse than any other post-Roman year for sure. We lack depth, we lack strength, and we lack talent.

I agree with everything but the very last word...

Hope the boo boys are happy. Not heard an atmosphere like that for a long, long time. After that Lambert goal went in, the pressure put on the players was immense. Not surprising that our home form is so poor to be honest. You can complain all you like, Benitez is the fucking manager until the summer, deal with it.

Our defending on the break is atrocious (deja vu), Azpilicueta was skinned and there was nobody there to double up on the attacker... Oscar out wide is an absolute joke. Either play him centrally, or don't play him at all. His work rate is pathetic out on the right, especially when you're up against players like Shaw and Ramirez. I want Moses back.

No idea where Cole was for the second goal either, Cahill was busy being terrorised by Lambert. Mata was another who was very poor today, been disappointed with him as of late. To be honest the only positive was Hazard's continuation of good form.

Anyone blaming the draw on Torres, or even complaining about Torres needs to reevaluate... We should never have been in the position to need a goal in the first place. Lampard was taken off because he didn't have a great game, and Torres is simply another player there to occupy the defenders.

I don't understand what Benitez could've done better? Can someone enlighten me?

Mata was very poor? He created and played a key part in plenty of chances but they simply weren't converted.

We were slow all game, bar the last 5 min of the first half, but we managed to score twice. We concede and instead of going for the kill, we continue play in the same slow tempo. But the manager doesn't decide to make any changes until very late in the game, not for the first time too. The changes weren't even adventurous. I can't stand cautios managers.

(I don't blame the manager entirely for the loss but he did play a big part in it imo.)

No idea where Cole was for the second goal either,

I don't understand what Benitez could've done better? Can someone enlighten me?

Where the hell was Cole for the first goal too? Hazard did his best to close down Clyne but failed because Cole was nowhere to be seen.

And as for Benitez, he could've at least tried something. In my opinion just sitting on his arse doing nothing is worse than actually doing something wrong. Today he used only one substitution and that was after they had already equalized.

Guys - we were rank rotten and there is something seriously wrong from top to bottom at the club. Bitching at each other like 12 year old schoolgirls is not going to help, lets discuss, fall out if need be and then get on with it - really can not be arsed with watching that pish on the field to come on here and read puerile nonsense with people requoting their squabble back and forth with each other.

yet another awesome post :)

really loving your posts - class in a glass ;)

@thepreacherman - Yay! Thank you Chelsea fans for making Stanford Bridge a great place to come and play football!

from the Guardian comment section.

I think it holds a point. We have Rafa here now, we have to cheer the team not him. Make this a place again where away teams don´t fancy their chances.

That was some ugly and stupid football from the 80th minute and onward. Playing with 2 strikers and not using the flanks, but just dropping in it from just over midfield to Demba Ba or Ramires, while Torres was on the flank. Use Mata and Hazard to center that ball, Oscar to bring it out defence and Ramires, Ba and Torres to knock it in the back of the net. What a stupid tactic, if that was Benitez's instructions, then I'm speechless.

I'm really embarrassed by the lack of support at the Bridge. Thank God for the 16th minute or els i would've forgotten there were people in the stadium. Seemed like an empty stadium U16 match.

Ramires and Lamps had a horrid game. Gave away possession so easily at times. I'm starting to worry a bit about Mata as of late, the goals have dried up and the only special thing i remember him doing the whole month was that cross to Ivanovic against Southampton.

It seems like that every shot on target is going in at the Bridge, we can't catch a break at home. All Cech had to do today was gather the ball out of the net. Cahil and Luiz were excellent in the first half, the latter had a few good passes that the attackers failed to work with. I'm feeling bad for Oscar right now. He started so bright but as we can see Benitez is ruining him, so far. It's either DM or Right wing? What's the point in playing him at all...

The only bright aspects were Hazard and Ba. Great hold up play again by Demba with Hazard getting all the knock downs/flicks.

All in all it was a SHIT GAME and the icing was Torres coming on and making an embarrassment of himself as usual. At one point where he tried to head the ball and just randomly jumped like 2 seconds early haha

He was in the box.

Yes, and what on earth was he doing there? Not closing down any of the Southampton players, that's for sure. He was on the edge of the box where he couldn't really intercept the cross but couldn't help his teammates defend against Lambert either. Lazy defending, but then again that's nothing new from Cole.