Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

Think Marin is likely to start. We don't have much options out wide now with Moses having already gone to the AFCON.

And think Rambo makes a decent point anyway. Marin obviously needs more game time to get his confidence going and getting into full flow. He's already playing catch up to the others in terms of proving his worth and trying to cement a spot in the starting XI.

I reckon it will be Mata, Oscar and Hazard for sure I would like to see him start but doubt it. Rafa will play his best team available IMO

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't start someone because they need confidence. It is a semi final and a game we will take seriously and whether he starts or not I am sure Rafa will play the team he feels is bets suited to win and not a side of players who need confidence.

IMO Marin is capable of playing against Swansea. This will be a good opportunity for him to get some playing time that he's been desperate for. It's funny because Torres will probably get the start today and I wonder how his confidence is doing now that we have a competent striker in the ranks.

I reckon it will be Mata, Oscar and Hazard for sure I would like to see him start but doubt it. Rafa will play his best team available IMO

I don't think Benitez likes to play Mata, Oscar and Hazard behind the ST. It leaves the squad unbalanced and it might be problematic when it comes to defending, as we have seen in the past. He has only started those 3 once so far IIRC, and that was in his first game in charge against Man City.

I have a feeling that both Torres and Ba are going to start tonight for us and if things don't go according to plan then Rafa is going to bring on Marin for one of them.

Marin would either replace Ba at right wing or replace Torres and let Ba play as a cf.

Wonder what are the odds of us bottling this, having already done so with the last 3 competitions this season.

in my opinion, if we reach the final we will easily win it. thats the difference a prolific goal scorer upfront makes especially in the finals in which the most important thng is getting the first goal and lifting a lot of pressure off the team...

Torres to start and fail to score, Ba to come on with 30 minutes left and score.

Torres to start and fail to score, Ba to come on with 30 minutes left and score multiple times, leaving Torres tied to the bench the next couple of matches :-)

Much better :-)

It's somewhat humourous to me that we dropped points away to Swansea in the league after playing our main guys for up to 120 minutes in the preceding game against Man United in the Coca Cola Cup.

Now we're going to play them again for 90 minutes before a tough league game against Stoke?????

:banghead: :lol2:

i think Rafa will play

Turnbull

Azpi - Ivanovic - Cahill - A.Cole

Lampard - Luiz

Ramires - Mata - Hazard

Ba

What position do you think the fat cunt will be playing at? :Goober: