Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

Blondie will, no doubt, start. We'll just have to deal with it.

If that means Ba starting against Stoke, I can live with that.

I'm pretty sure we can beat Swansea even with Torres on the field, but I don't think we can beat Stoke with Torres playing instead of Ba.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny. That's what most people said against QPR and look what happened.

Lets not forget that Swansea went to the Emirates not too long ago where they outplayed Arsenal and won 2-0. And though they didn't create much in away games against Man City and Spurs, they only lost 1-0 in both games. Heck, they even won 3-1 against Liverpool at Anfield in the League Cup earlier this season. So, we cannot underestimate them one bit!

Exactly and even if we win 1-0...its only half time still another 90 minutes to go afters.We've already drawn against them this season

With the away goal rules..clean sheet be a bloody great help!

There is no way Ba will start both Swansea and Stoke so for that reason will like to see Torres start this match. I reckon, having not played any part against Southampton, he should be a rejuvinated striker and when we beat Swansea 4-1 last season we cannot deny he scored a brilliant goal and looked good until he got S/O. So I will like to see Torres start this and no doubt Ba has to start against Stoke.

According to Michael Laudrup on ESPN, he said Michu is having a slight back problem. That is why he's on the bench against Arsenal. Said he will be ready to come on in the 2nd half though.

That's what you get when you carry the whole team on your back for a prolonged period of time. If he keeps on playing his back will be seriously fucked up soon. ;)

We've got Stoke, Southampton and Arsenal in the space of 8 days after this so I'd be inclined to rest the likes of Mata, Hazard and Ba.

Turnbull

Azpi Cahill Ivanovic Bertrand

Ramires Lampard

Marin Oscar Piazon

Torres

Do you want us to lose this game?

I have this sweet feeling , actually it's Rafa's statements which are pretty clear that Both Torres and Ba are going to start against Swansea . It would be no more than a treat to watch Ba going for all those Long balls so Torres could be in the centre , Fernando long awaited hattrick is on the cards people :rolleyes:

P.S : you may say I'm a Dreamer , but i'm not the only one :whistling:

I have this sweet feeling , actually it's Rafa's statements which are pretty clear that Both Torres and Ba are going to start against Swansea . It would be no more than a treat to watch Ba going for all those Long balls so Torres could be in the centre , Fernando long awaited hattrick is on the cards people :rolleyes:

P.S : you may say I'm a Dreamer , but i'm not the only one :whistling:

It would be even more of a treat to see Ba playing up top and Torres on the bench.

It would be even more of a treat to see Ba playing up top and Torres on the bench.

The first half hour of the match was even more sweet :rolleyes: everyone here who said buying a striker would solve all of our problems , should watch that again lol and it actually proves most of are miseries are caused by our inconsistent midfield , when they got the hold into the match , our striker got involved and he scored .

With Swansea now having an FA Cup replay against Arsenal, it means, just like us, they'll have 5 games to contend with over the next 2 weeks including the 2 semi final games.

Our next 5 games are - Swansea(H), Stoke(A), Southampton(H), Arsenal(H) and Swansea(A).

Swansea's next 5 games are - Chelsea(A), Everton(A), Arsenal(A), Stoke(H) and Chelsea(H).

turnbull

azpillicueta - cahill - luiz - bertrand

lampard - ramires

marin -- oscar -- piazon

torres

stoke away:

turnbull

azpillicueta - ivanovic - cahill - cole

lampard - ramires

hazard -- mata -- oscar

ba

* cahill off, luiz on at the start of the 2nd half.

Squad really is looking small to be honest, not good. We need to rotate effectively in these next few weeks, for this game I'd go:

Turnbull

Azpi Cahill Ivanovic Bertrand

Ramires Lampard

Hazard Oscar Marin

Torres

Hilario, Luiz, Cole, Ake, Ba, Piazon, Ferreira

The first half hour of the match was even more sweet :rolleyes: everyone here who said buying a striker would solve all of our problems , should watch that again lol and it actually proves most of are miseries are caused by our inconsistent midfield , when they got the hold into the match , our striker got involved and he scored .

:fainthv9:

Tell me, how does half an our of football of a game which we won 5-1 and our new striker scored 2 be an evidence for our inconsistent midfield with a new striker not being a solution??? How are 30 mins of football more of an evidence that our midfield has been the problem for our striker not scoring than 2 years of frustration with 1000s of wasted chances by him? And Why the hell is it sweet to see our team struggling???

Even when the midfield did play badly, Torres always got a reasonable number of chances, which he wasted especially in big games. It is mostly his fault that he did not get more service cos his movment is shit. Demba Ba might only be an averagely talented striker in good form but is in every case an incredibly massive improvement on him.

Well done, you have proved to everyone exactly how much you know about football.