Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

Its a tough choice for who starts up top because whoever starts tonight will not start against Stoke (more than likely). Mata must start if we want any chance of winning this.

My line up would be:

Turnball

Azpi - Cahill - Ivan - Bertrand

Lamps - Luiz

Oscar - Mata - Marin

Torres

So when do we rest Mata? Stoke? Southampton? Arsenal??

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when do we rest Mata? Stoke? Southampton? Arsenal??

Why is everyone so obsessed with resting mata every few games... No one ever says, we should rest azpi or ivan after they have played a few games in a row... Resting is important to keep players fresh but not to the extent that it seems to be suggested. We have 3 more games before we get back to a bit more normality in having a game generally once a week. If he desperately needs to be rested for some reason then it would have to be southhampton but i wouldn't rest him for any of them games.

Yay...let's run our most important player into the ground in fucking cup games. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It's not just a cup game - it's a semi-final where we have the chance to win a trophy...

Yay...let's run our most important player into the ground in fucking cup games. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

our only true chance of any trophy this season. i dont think fsw will rest mata today. he made a wrong decision of resting mata vs qpr which infact should have been against southampton in fa cup. so i think mata will play today...

If Rafa were to rest him, the team is lost without him, powerless, they say. Didn´t you see it before ?

Why is everyone so obsessed with resting mata every few games... No one ever says, we should rest azpi or ivan after they have played a few games in a row... Resting is important to keep players fresh but not to the extent that it seems to be suggested. We have 3 more games before we get back to a bit more normality in having a game generally once a week. If he desperately needs to be rested for some reason then it would have to be southhampton but i wouldn't rest him for any of them games.

Because Mata can seem tired sometimes. He needs to be at the best he can be in every league game.

It's not just a cup game - it's a semi-final where we have the chance to win a trophy...

It's a tin pot club in which there's a very real chance that Bradford fucking City could be a finalist. Yes it's a final, but in the grand scheme of things it's utterly meaningless. We only pretend it's a big deal so that we can take the piss out of Arsenal fans for losing to Birmingham.

If Rafa were to rest him, the team is lost without him, powerless, they say. Didn´t you see it before ?

But it's just the Coca Cola Cup. Out of our next four games, this is the most meaningless.

I do agree CC just might be a tin cup but does Chelsea have a chance to win other cups ?

Personally, Mata should be starting this game, then rested around 60th minute.

What I saw against QPR, I do not wanna see that shit again. Play your best, rest your best providing your team is ahead.

I just like to add. I honestly believe Chelsea´s game against the nippers of Arsenal is much more important than tonight´s game. Just my opinion though.

This debate going on about whether or not to rest Mata? This has been my point. This debate wouldn't even be a debate if we had someone like Isco too.. just a thought.

Fucking cup games we want to win. Do you want silverware this season?