Chelsea v Swansea

Jase

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This debate going on about whether or not to rest Mata? This has been my point. This debate wouldn't even be a debate if we had someone like Isco too.. just a thought.

Isco is irrelevant. We have a perfectly good squad that should be able to cope without Mata, it's unfortunate that they haven't quite clicked in that form yet. Hazard & Oscar haven't found a way without the Spaniard unfortunately.

Swansea will dominate possession, which means Hazard must play as no.10 because let's face it, he's not going to do much tracking back. Moses on the right, with Marin on the left would make sense. I don't like having Lampard sit DM for this game, but we're out of options.

I will fear when Luiz comes out of position tonight.

Fucking cup games we want to win. Do you want silverware this season?

I want a top four finish and for Benitez to leave. That's all.

The Coca Cola Cup is one of those things it's nice to win if you're on the way to winning other things. I prefer to think of it as the cup you use to blood youngsters, and seeing up play some of our most important players for up to 120 minutes against United's reserve teams was one of the most absurd moments I've ever seen at the Bridge.

The 1-1 draw to Swansea a few days later was the punchline to that particular joke.

Yay...let's run our most important player into the ground in fucking cup games. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

To be honest, Rafa is notoriously known for running players into the ground. It should come as no surprise that it will happen :lol:

This debate going on about whether or not to rest Mata? This has been my point. This debate wouldn't even be a debate if we had someone like Isco too.. just a thought.

:doh:

Isco would be perfectly happy to play Cup games and random EPL games only to be a great backup option to Mata, while he plays every single game for Malaga. Why would he bother?

He is just a robotic FIFA player that does not feel anything and will happily wait to always give 100%, right?

I want a top four finish and for Benitez to leave. That's all.

The Coca Cola Cup is one of those things it's nice to win if you're on the way to winning other things. I prefer to think of it as the cup you use to blood youngsters, and seeing up play some of our most important players for up to 120 minutes against United's reserve teams was one of the most absurd moments I've ever seen at the Bridge.

The 1-1 draw to Swansea a few days later was the punchline to that particular joke.

I agree about the Man U game, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. That was a case of trying to win a mental battle over Fergie and his team in light of honesty.

Though this cup is normally just a run for us to blood youngsters whilst on the way to winning other things as you put it, we should remember that we are out of the CL and in need of a tiny miracle to catch United up at the top of the PL. With just the F.A. Cup and this left I would rather take both home than one. Yes we need to finish 4th and that is our main priority but in all truth should we have to worry about resting one player when considering 4th position? We are Chelsea, top 3 should be a given.

Yeh perfecto mata never plays well against stoke,his back always facing their post.
However the last 2 times I remember us beating Stoke were both created from a moment of genius from Mata.

That backheel to Cole and that sublime pass to Didier. Both 1:0