Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

There's a long way to go if you bear in mind the fact that he has a dodgy knee (by many accounts) and we haven't done the medical yet.

But if we do get him, then I think we'll have the right man for the rest of this season. He's good at doing the basic things that Torres doesn't - he runs the channels, gets onto the last man and seems to be rather prolific. If you look at today's game, Torres assisted well in the build-up to both goals, but he was worrying absent from the 6-yard box when Azpi zipped a ball across the goal - that's where I'd expect Ba to be.

Then you had the chance at the end of the game when Oscar played Torres through but he struggled to make much of it - I'd be much happier with Ba in that position.

Throw in the fact that he's probably worth about £15 million and we're getting him for about half that (maybe more if the latest results are correct) and I think we'll look back on this as something of a no-brainer.

And let's try and give the board credit for getting some business wrapped up fairly swiftly.

He will be on around 80k a week, 20k more than Sturridge.

Reliable source? If true, OUCH!

I mean, I would pay him that, but if we compare it to some of our new sigings and competition, that is a lot. Oscar is on 50k and Arsenal will not pay that much, for instance...

Reliable source? If true, OUCH!

I mean, I would pay him that, but if we compare it to some of our new sigings and competition, that is a lot. Oscar is on 50k and Arsenal will not pay that much, for instance...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9771123/Chelsea-lead-race-to-sign-7m-Ba-as-transfer-window-opens.html

Telegraph says 70k a week, but i read somewhere else 80k - can't find that now though. So will probably be somewhere around that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9771123/Chelsea-lead-race-to-sign-7m-Ba-as-transfer-window-opens.html

Telegraph says 70k a week, but i read somewhere else 80k - can't find that now though. So will probably be somewhere around that.

This sounds much better!

I would warmingly welcome him for that price (7.5mi + 70k)!

Can't believe people are happy with this.

y not dude? he is coming cheap (about half his price) and is epl proven and in good form too. plus we dont have many options do we? so a pretty decent buy in my opinion if it goes thru.

Can't believe people are happy with this.

Why wouldn't we be? This would be a perfect January signing and pretty much the best we can hope for. Players like Cavani or Falcao aren't realistic signings at the moment but considering the fact that someone has to be signed, I'd be very glad if it was Ba.

I'd be quite happy with him, he's young, can get fitter and healthier with us, scores in big games and is on the up if he comes to us. I thought they got him for a steal and they're not being overly greedy - not that big a punt when you consider what we've squandered in players before

LOL

It is not only Drogba, Cote D`Ivory has the Toure Brothers, Gervinho, etc...

Haha, I know but I watched the game and in the end it was Drogba who knocked them out with one of his trademark big game performances. He scored two goals and that was it for the Senegal fans who started rioting and the game was abandoned.

Btw, you forgot Kalou from your list. ;)