Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

I don't know if I agree with buying a footballer who has knee problems, seeing how important knees are to football players. If our goal is to improve the striking position over Torres then I would sign somebody who can play more than Ba. A player with knee problems can not play as much. Unless i'm just over exaggerating about his knees then let me know and I'll say that I was wrong and sign him..

What I've read is chelsea were offering double his wages but ba want wants more and his agents fee aswell..

yep!

Last night Newcastle United striker Demba Ba’s representatives travelled to London for talks with Chelsea in a bid to secure a move to Stamford Bridge for the Senegal International. This morning’s papers are full of information suggesting the move is on and the striker will at the club by the end of the transfer window.

Whilst some reports suggest that the 27 year old is on his way to Chelsea for a scan, Sky Sports are reporting that talks last night were unproductive with Chelsea not prepared to pay what Ba is asking for.

Chelsea were prepared to double his money by offering £80,000 a week, but his agents are alleged to have pushed for more. Therefore unless he is prepared to budge on his wage demands the deal could be off.

They go further to suggest the door is now open for other clubs as they prepare to extend their options.

He's a 27 year old striker in the prime of his career, on form and this might be his last big contract - dude's looking to get paid and we aren't the pushovers we once were. Problem is I don't know if the market is as strong for him as his advisors thinks it is.

If he's seriously entertaining QPR or Liverpool, fuck him. If he's thinking about PSG then fuck knows how much they'll have to pay with their new tax laws. If it's Arsenal then that probably makes us getting Walcott a near-certainty.

I'm going to wait 48 hours before I decide to start panicking.