Chelsea 0-1 QPR

Jase

Man of the Match  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I have to get very "medicated" tonight to forget this travesty, if you catch my drift.

I'm going to get ridiculously high.

I wish I had some left too, smoked the rest of it on New Year's Eve. Oh well, might have to settle for some booze.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team selection? I would say what a wank of player performance. Havent we been crying for wingers for ages? And our bench should be fucking able to at least score a goal against a utter shit team like QPR....AT THE BRIDGE!

we've been crying for wingers when we had that huge African dude. what was his name again? Drogba? or something.

Don't be so near sighted. Our defence was leaking goals with RDM in charge and Benitez has fixed that. Its better to lose by one goal then by 3

under Robbie we conceded 13 goals in 12 matches while scoring 24. under Rafa we conceded 6 in 8 games while scoring 7 (+8 goals vs Villa which kind of wasn't thanks to the brilliance of Rafa but up to how shit Villa where)

WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT

we don't concede, but we also don't score to save our fucking lifes. WHOOPTY FUCKING DOO.

Alright, that's my cue to leave the forum and go to bed. Good night everyone, and do try to settle down by tomorrow.

I agree with the first part of his comment. We are in my mind without a doubt the worst team to ever lift the CL. We also have done it no justice, and have been poor this season. If you were to ask people who in their mind are the shittest team to lift the trophy, they would say chelsea, no question. I wouldn't stretch as far as saying it's our worst season ever as its not over though.

But we are fucking dreadful at times. and I still maintain having a number 9 who does fuck all has alot to do with it.

turnbull

azpi iva cahill bert

luiz lamp

moses mata hazard

torres

play our strongest team in this match and then we can make the required changes on the weekend for the southampton FA cup game before the swansea game for CoC. for the southampton match we can bring rambo n mikel in the pivot with oscar,marin n piazon (probably) for moses, mata and hazard. at this moment the league should be our first priority. united are playing away to wigan and city at home against stoke and i have this feeling that atleast one of them will drop points if not both, and if this happens we should take the oppurtunity with both hands.

this was my comment in the match thread. even i could see the importance of this match and mata and hazard in the team. we got stoke away next and then arsenal and we desperately needed a bloody win but instead it turns up that the bloody FA cup match to southampton is far more important than anything else in the fucking world.

fucing FSW.

this was my comment in the match thread. even i could see the importance of this match and mata and hazard in the team. we got stoke away next and then arsenal and we desperately needed a bloody win but instead it turns up that the bloody FA cup match to southampton is far more important than anything else in the fucking world.

fucing FSW.

Of course it's more important...An FA Cup winners medal looks far better on his CV than any league position below first!

also tell me which team did we lose to in the last 5 games. tell me how many points have we dropped already under FSW (10 points in 8 matches) and compare that to rdm's 12 points in 12 matches...

by the way let me get this straight. if players dont score it is not rafa's fault but if they do and we won 8-0 it is all because of rafa? what kind of bullcrap logic is that?

the worst of it all is rdm never lost us a game due to poor and unnecessary team selection while rafa has already got 2 under his belt, today and cwc final.

Was not crediting Rafa for any goals scored, nor blaming him for any goals not scored. Im only saying if the team does not score, its something in the players thats wrong. I think we all know what that is. Starts with a T and ends with orres. I got plenty of replyes from that post and I don't have the time to answer them all. You don't agree with me? OKYDOKY

Was not crediting Rafa for any goals scored, nor blaming him for any goals not scored. Im only saying if the team does not score, its something in the players thats wrong. I think we all know what that is. Starts with a T and ends with orres. I got plenty of replyes from that post and I don't have the time to answer them all. You don't agree with me? OKYDOKY

if the blonde whore is not performing then get him out of the field. atleast after 60 mins or even 70 mins. get moses in the center, try something different.

tell me the use of substituting ramires for lampard(80th minute) after conceding the goal. get a defender off and put rambo or even piazon in, (i remember lukaku playing at OT when we were 3-1 down) but the FSW dint try a damn thing. do something chaotic, out of the box but no, "we have to stick to the plan".. bloody FFSW.. is any1 is wondering what the extra F is, its FUCKING

Right now it feels like one of the worst games I've ever seen. Benitez just completely fucked up the team selection in an important match.

Right now, we can't drop Mata. He's our best player and too important to everything we do. We looked completely lost without him and he's become the lynchpin for that side, above any other player.

Secondly, Torres is done. Just a gutless, spiritless, cowardly performance. I've said it before but he is a cancer at the club and until he's gone then we're going to be held back. Demba Ba may well be an improvement simply because he's not Torres and we won't be playing with 10 men.

I will say that Cahill and Ivanovic were good again. The goal really wasn't their fault from my point of view and we really haven't missed Terry's presence in his absence, which bodes well for our future. Azpi had another decent game, whilst Bertrand didn't do anything particularly wrong but also nothing particularly impressive.

Marin should've been off. Everyone in the ground knew it except the ref (who was shit). He made some nice runs after that but I would'e preferred Hazard to start whilst Oscar had a decent enough game for someone who seems to have had his confidence hit a bit.

But the midfield really didn't offer much. We had so much possession but Lampard and Luiz were just slowing the ball down at almost every opportunity. Luiz did well at times to hustle back in defence and I still like the stability he can add at the back, but I thought he needed a rest tonight.

Lampard on the other hand.... I've presented a number of points trying to understand why we're letting him go. I might as well have saved it all and just let people watch this game tonight. Apart from his goal, all he seemed to do was take turns with other players in losing possession.

I've been told his value is in his leadership and being able to tell the other players what being a Chelsea player is all about and explaining things like local rivalries. Okay. :wacko:

All in all, fucking shit but this is a young group of players and they need to feel the pain of losing (desperately looking for an upside). One of our problem areas could be partially solved within days and we know that the club has a plan (sort-of) long-term. This is shit, but it will get better eventually. :)

So fuckin pissed off this with result. If I could go back and quote the amount of complacent quotes we got before the match and I warned we should not get complacent. Guess you have to learn your lessons, do not approach any PL game with the thought of being a walk in the park. Benitez made an error in starting Marin over Mata. Mata needs a rest but this was an important game and against our neighbours who always were going to want to battle till the end. Why couldnt Benitez just have started Moses, Oscar and Marin for Southampton? PL has to be our priority but I guess Benitez thinks "oh well I will be gone at the end of the season and winning medals is more important than trying to gain a CL spot". It is funny how opinions change on one game. After Villa and Everton, a few people were saying Lampard and Luiz should be the two CM starting. Well, Lamps was very disappointing today and there was no creativity from the middle. Lampard started our last three games, he is 34 and if someone should have been rested tonight he should have.

Now to Torres, where do I start. I think it is clear that there is no magician manager who can get Torres firing. He scores the odd game like he did with RDM then geess off one again/ Can't believe he was struggling to beat defenders aged over 33 for pace. Quite ridiculous. Thanks god we have Ba coming in and Lukaku should be in front of him next season for sure as well.

Apart from the team selection, I will not blame Benitez because the players did not turn up and the performance was below par. But, he made a wrong decision rotating Mata but even more bizarre was that it was clear first half we were poor and Marin was useless. Mata should have come on straight away. The only player tonight who impressed me in some kind of way was Bertrand. We still are top 4 with a game in hand so it is not all doom and gloom but we have tough fixtures coming up with Stoke away and Arsenal at home.

Just hope players and fans have learned to give every team respect. Because some of the comments before on the pre-match thread was ridiculous and now has come back to haunt us. Anyway I want Ba starting against Stoke.