Chelsea 0-1 QPR

Jase

Man of the Match  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Why the fuck would you rest your best players when the next PL match in 10 days away. Your next opponent's team manager says he will field a weaker team for the FA cup and you go and rest Mata and Hazard. You thick stubborn fat spanish son of a waiter.

Rotation policy fucked us up! SERIOUSLY PLAY THE WEAKER SIDE IN THE CUP! NOT NOW!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the day started so well when Demba Ba's speculation came to being serious, confirmed by Pardew it's a deal done. Then this shit.

I now believe it would have been much better if Marin had been sent off in the very first minutes, which would by the way was more than deserved. We would play with 10 men right, but QPR would surely open it a bit more, we would change something and I believe we would be capable of beating them. But that is IF.

This is definitely the most embarrassing performance and result under Roman's reign.

We really need two defensive midfielders who are comfortable with the ball who can boss the game.

Already against Everton, Luiz Lampard was not great in the build-up, Lampard moving too far away from Luiz and doing too little in the buildup of the play. Yesterday we were poor because there was zero connection between Luiz Lampard and Oscar, they did nearly nothing to move the first line of midfielders and play between them.

And what was incredible was how easy Taarabt had to run things, like Pienaar in the Everton Game. They were the two best players of their team and we had no idea how to put them off the game.

Already against Everton, Luiz Lampard was not great in the build-up, Lampard moving too far away from Luiz and doing too little in the buildup of the play. Yesterday we were poor because there was zero connection between Luiz Lampard and Oscar, they did nearly nothing to move the first line of midfielders and play between them.

The problem with that is because Oscar was either dropping deep or playing too high up that he wasn't playing as the link man as he's supposed to. For most of the first half especially, we looked like playing a 4-4-2 and because there's no one connecting the midfield and attack, we got the situation where either Lampard or Luiz bombing forward and leaving spaces behind. What made even worse was the lack of movement upfront. None of the front 4 of Torres, Oscar, Moses and Marin were moving about enough to drag QPR around and disrupt their shape. All were so static that it was so easy for them to defend and difficult for us to find those gaps and space. And when you see Ivanovic stepping out from the back and having a shot from distance, TWICE, you know your team is having massive problems!

The problem with that is because Oscar was either dropping deep or playing too high up that he wasn't playing as the link man as he's supposed to. For most of the first half especially, we looked like playing a 4-4-2 and because there's no one connecting the midfield and attack, we got the situation where either Lampard or Luiz bombing forward and leaving spaces behind. What made even worse was the lack of movement upfront. None of the front 4 of Torres, Oscar, Moses and Marin were moving about enough to drag QPR around and disrupt their shape. All were so static that it was so easy for them to defend and difficult for us to find those gaps and space. And when you see Ivanovic stepping out from the back and having a shot from distance, TWICE, you know your team is having massive problems!

I kind of agree but I've seen many occasions where Lampard could have been more patient, making a pass to Luiz and then moving to the QPR line of midfield with no chance of receiving the ball back but maybe being in a position to do damage close to the box.

And then We had Luiz or Cahill doing long balls to the wings.

Like Kojo said, we have a big problem in our squad for the pivot wich is the key of the 4-2-3-1. Especially with the Romeu injury.

That's why we need to buy midfielders who will happily sit back, recycle the ball and move the ball quickly.

Most likely the reason why Benitez rested some of the key players was bcs EPL is out of reach and winning the cup is realistic.. so in that sense i agree with him about the player lineup choice. As I said before, you'd expect other squad members to show up when presented with such opportunity.

Can someone please explain how on earth was Lampard offside when he scored the goal yesterday?! From the replays, he looked onside!
I said that during the game!

I thought it nicked off their player - sigh couldn't watch highlights too depressed :(

see a replay ..the assistant got it right

Watched it again. He didn't look offside. Was in line with the QPR defenders, at least from the high angle that I saw.

Most likely the reason why Benitez rested some of the key players was bcs EPL is out of reach and winning the cup is realistic.. so in that sense i agree with him about the player lineup choice. As I said before, you'd expect other squad members to show up when presented with such opportunity.

The league title may be out of reach but our place in the Top 4 is by no means safe and it's not a foregone conclusion that we'll finish in there.

The league title may be out of reach but our place in the Top 4 is by no means safe and it's not a foregone conclusion that we'll finish in there.

Not like this indeed, damn and it could be so easy for us to finish 3rd or maybe 2nd, but like always we are trying the hard way ffs..

What is Roman going to do when we don't make 4th, fire half the team..

I couldn't even post for hours, this was one of the worst results I have seen.

We had no desire at all, it was a fucking lazy performance. I can't even discribe, there are no words to explain it. The worst part of it all is that QPR did not even had a good game.

I see a lot of people bashing Benitez for the team sealection, but I dont think we can blame him for that. I mean, he did a fucking horrible job, but the lineup wasnt the problem. CFC has 4 games in 10 days, we must rest the team at some point. If we con't beat the worst team of EPL at home with a mixed team, something is really, really wrong.

We already had 2 shock of reality in the Supercup and CWC, when will we learn? GROW SOME FUCKING BALLS, I DON'T ROOT FOR A PUSSY TEAM!

I want Torres gone, NOW!

Our team has turned to a one man team. If mata has a bad day or doesn't start we lose. Wtf?

Torres is shit waiting for matas perfect pass to his legs before he can score. He can't create any chance on his own bcos he loses the ball with his first touch, the whole team were shooting from distance because they don't trust torres to pass to him since he loses the ball anyway.

Fuck torres, I said weeks ago that we should boo this fucker out of our club. The fans should never chant his name because he clearly doesn't give a shit about any of us, until we start booing everytime he loses the ball, torres won't stop this shit.

Fuckin qpr took 4 points from us, fuck benitez for droping mata and fuck torres for another shit peformance.

I couldn't even post for hours, this was one of the worst results I have seen.

We had no desire at all, it was a fucking lazy performance. I can't even discribe, there are no words to explain it. The worst part of it all is that QPR did not even had a good game.

I see a lot of people bashing Benitez for the team sealection, but I dont think we can blame him for that. I mean, he did a fucking horrible job, but the lineup wasnt the problem. CFC has 4 games in 10 days, we must rest the team at some point. If we con't beat the worst team of EPL at home with a mixed team, something is really, really wrong.

We already had 2 shock of reality in the Supercup and CWC, when will we learn? GROW SOME FUCKING BALLS, I DON'T ROOT FOR A PUSSY TEAM!

I want Torres gone, NOW!

Our team has turned to a one man team. If mata has a bad day or doesn't start we lose. Wtf?

Torres is shit waiting for matas perfect pass to his legs before he can score. He can't create any chance on his own bcos he loses the ball with his first touch, the whole team were shooting from distance because they don't trust torres to pass to him since he loses the ball anyway.

Fuck torres, I said weeks ago that we should boo this fucker out of our club. The fans should never chant his name because he clearly doesn't give a shit about any of us, until we start booing everytime he loses the ball, torres won't stop this shit.

Fuckin qpr took 4 points from us, fuck benitez for droping mata and fuck torres for another shit peformance.

Well I am blaming Benitez, do you want to know why? Complacency. That is what screwed us over tonight. No, I'm not just talk about squad rotation; I'm talking about the whole teams attitude, because the manager's attitude towards a game is always reflected by that of the player's on the pitch, and I saw very few who looked up for it tonight; and when they did, they left it very fucking late. Benitez thought he could walk this game, therefore, so did the players.

Do you think José would have been happy with what he saw at half time? Would he fuck. He would've ripped into his players. He would've made a change as soon as he saw a weakness in the team, hell, if it was ANY other manager, they probably would've put Mata on before/at half-time and not waited around until the 70th fucking minute to make a change, like some sort of stupid ritual.

Benitez has a history of stupid decisions, fact. Now we have to deal with them until May.

How do you know what Rafa's attitude towards the game was like? He made two bloody changes, has Ferguson or Mourinho ever made two changes to their regular team against the bottom side in the league at home? You can bet that they have.

How do you know what he said at half time? Marin has barely kicked a ball for us and Oscar has barely played lately. He obviously wanted to keep on the two wide men and give Oscar s chance at number 10 (notice Hazard coming on before Mata).

Yes stupid decisions that amounted to being two time Uefa coach of the year, two time La Luga winner, Uefa Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winner.

Simple fact is that if you are carrying too many passengers in your team you will get results like that. Bertrand, Lampard, Moses and Torres last night all ranged from either poor to utterly inept. Benitez can only work with what he is given.

How do you know what Rafa's attitude towards the game was like?

Because he rested our best player so he'd be ready for a FA Cup game against Southampton's reserves.

Watched it again. He didn't look offside. Was in line with the QPR defenders, at least from the high angle that I saw.

That angle seems to show him marginally offside.