Everton 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I dont even know you, only 36 posts all of them in Hazards or Lukakus topic I bet.

Yea well, I lurk a lot. I rather make posts which are worth posting than make 1k useless post in a month like some members seem to be doing somehow.

I like how you totally dodged what I just said tho. You really are a clown aren't you? '-.-

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd MOM for me was luiz.

really? to be honest, i thought luiz was poor today... some really bad fouls (like the one on pienaar at the end of 1st half) and losing possession in the mid and some poor passes. by the end (75 minute-ish) i was hoping rafa took luiz off just so we can finish the match with 10 men because luiz seemed to be going around tackling and hitting everythin in his path.

I came here after recovering from my massive hangover, expecting to see some interesting analyses and reactions and all I saw was a childish discussion about Luiz. :doh:

Well, I tought we played our worst football in the last 2 years for the first 30 min. We were steamroled and couldnt keep possession for more than 10 seconds. The flanks were being completely dominated by them, Cezar and Cole were non existing. Worst than that, every single rebound was Everton's (hence the goal), Luiz and Lampard were totally lost. Everton and Moyes started with a very good game plan and pressuring high up, I honestly think Jelavic's foul (that hit the post) kept us alive.

Once they naturally gave up more space and stopped with such an intense man marking, we created some good individual plays that were either missed or saved. Still, Everton was the better side. Although, Torres had a surprisingly good play outside the box (dribling and clearing some space), passed to Rambo for an incredible accurate cross to Frank Lampard, who scored from a strong header that went in the bottom left hand corner. 1-1 HT.

Benitez had to do something and he did! While we had a stupid turn around at West Ham, this time we fixed our problems. The double pivot started to work, Cole got his shit back together and Ramires started doing what was expected of him since the begining. However, Cech was hit with an ankle injury and Turnbull came on. The game was open, balanced and could have gone either way. Baines and Jelavic kept their form, were still giving us some headache and Trunbull had to save us several times, but we werent so awful as in the first half. The goal wasnt that close though, Hazard was shy, Mata didnt have much help, Ramires was doing what he could and Torres would miss any given wide open shot. We had to relly on the Lengend, best CFC player of all time and one of the best English players to have ever lived: SUPER FRANK LAMAPRD! A opportunity at the 72nd minute after a good effort from Mata wouldnt be missed, Chelsea 2-1.

There was still time and we had to control the more than important result. Rafa did two intelligent changes by taking Hazard and Mata off and replacing them with Moses and Oscar. Moses didnt have any chance of doing much, but the latter had a great game. Oscar did some really important tackles, kept possession, gave rythm and control to the midfield and produced some dangerous counters (that Torres obviously missed). Everton did create some more chances but the time was up.

Chelsea is the first team to beat Everton at Liverpool. Amazing win, specially if we account the first 30min of the match (I bet we would be OK with a draw at that time). A victory that kept us alive at the very improbable (but possible) title race, gives the team confidence and allow some space for UCL.

MOTM - Lampard!

Just realized this.

Chelsea FC@Chelseafc_life

Chelsea got 4 points last season from Wigan(a), NUFC(h), QPR(a), AFC(a), Spurs(a), LFC(h), AVFC(h), NCFC(a), EFC(a). 23 points this season.

In those fixtures last season, it was - P9 D4 L5. This season, it's - P9 W7 D2.

Am I allowed to celebrate this result, or will I be shot down because we only won by one goal?

Fucking massive result. Rafa's first test, and he has passed it with flying colours. Today proved why it would be absolute madness to allow Lampard and Cole to leave. Also, surprisingly, Turnbull was solid when he came on. Fucking delighted with that, well done boys!

Exactly why I was never going around carrying banners writing 'RAFA OUT' ffs how can u say a guy to get out when he's not even got a chance to prove himself!

I dont even know you, only 36 posts all of them in Hazards or Lukakus topic I bet.

No problem, Henrique. Soon Courtois and KDB and we belgians might post in 4!! threads. wouldn't that be a bitch for you. Don't deny the fact Wecker has a point. though. Go drink a Duvel. We know you like em :-)

Ps on topic: Torres is so much more a problem-even in todays game. Hazard isn't actually. He is just young, doing good and being inconistent-much as Oscar. This game he just wasn't in. So what? Focus a lil maybe?

I had my hands covering my eyes when Baines crossed into the box in the 90th. Thank fuck Jelavic had a Torres moment... fantastic win prooving our character and spirit. Hazard had a quiet game in terms of impact but he should be given a lot of credit for heading the ball into Lampards direction which after Mata hit led to the goal. Anyone else i would have expected them to just head for goal but not Eden.. his awareness is exactly why we paid that large sum of money for him. Excellent performance by the legend of Frank... love you son. Now lets tear QPR a new one.

really? to be honest, i thought luiz was poor today... some really bad fouls (like the one on pienaar at the end of 1st half) and losing possession in the mid and some poor passes. by the end (75 minute-ish) i was hoping rafa took luiz off just so we can finish the match with 10 men because luiz seemed to be going around tackling and hitting everythin in his path.

agreed, Mata and Azpi were runner-ups for MOM for me.

Given what happened, yes, it was good tackle but from our perspective, the reason why Distin got the tackle in was because Torres ran too close to Distin. Torres did not run wider and create that space between himself and Distin. Had he done so, the ball would have been played perfectly to Torres's path, taking Distin out of the picture and he would have scored. Distin then wouldn't be able to put that tackle in!

If that was the chance to win the game 2-1 OR had Everton equalized, would you really be saying it's an excellent tackle from Distin? I don't think so. The old Torres would have ran wider or heck, any striker would have done that. It's a basic and common thing!

i noticed that as well while watching the match his run was not far enough from distin to give himself enough space and a chance to get his shot off

All these complaints about Luiz, Hazard and Torres... Really? Am I the only one that saw Mata was our worst player for the second game in a row. And it wasn't particularly close.

He can't hold on to the ball, he was ridiculously slow in making any sort of decision, and his passes were atrocious. People love finding the easy targets and going at them every game. I was shocked to see Mata hadn't been taken out of the game earlier. He was costing us in link up play. Hazard was quite effective with the ball, making descent passes and drawing multiple defenders whenever he had the ball. Only problem was trying to find the ball at times. Same with Luiz. Did his job and was a good momentum starter for us coming from the back. Torres was atrocious in front of goal but he did set up quite a few chances with the way he linked up with the midfield unlike Mata.

Mata needs to sit for a game. Might be due to being gassed and tired. Put Hazard in the middle and get Oscar out wide with Moses and we should be okay.

^^ there wasn't worst player! When we win a tough game away from home, we have to realize, or at least consider, that all players did their job.

Luiz passing was lackluster, but his aggressiveness and power were definitely something Everton struggled with. Lampard was the old Lampard (no pun intended) because he was freed (by Luiz) from the mundane midfield work to move up field and take shots at goal. That's where he shines! Make him sit back and pass sideways is a waste of a great player!

Mata pulled all the strings for us. He has had more influential matches but he dictated the tempo of this match. How one could say he was our worst player astonishes. Look at most match ratings and they will reflect that he had a good game. There was some moments this match where he was a joy to watch. I thought he had a very good game.