Fernando Torres

The guy has been lucky to even get called upto Spain last 2 years, still relying on his name and reputation. Euro 2012 Soldado was ignored who got 27 goals in 51 games that Season, and for te Confeds Negredo was ignored and he had a great record of 31 goals in 33 appearances or something like that.

I think this year Torres will miss out unless he starts playing well again he wont be starting many games at Chelsea

I think this year Torres will miss out unless he starts playing well again he wont be starting many games at Chelsea

Hopefully he does miss out...I mean Spain don't need him unless they are playing friendlies.

He needs to leave Chelsea and maybe not being part of the Spain squad will make him realise that he's an average player now...

I am certain the arrival of a new striker in this window will mean that Torres will most probably leave in January so that he can get in the World Cup squad.The competition will be fierce and I doubt that the Spaniard will come out on top.

Also,tiny part of me still believes that a shock return to Liverpool may happen especially if Suarez leaves.

I am certain the arrival of a new striker in this window will mean that Torres will most probably leave in January so that he can get in the World Cup squad.The competition will be fierce and I doubt that the Spaniard will come out on top.

Also,tiny part of me still believes that a shock return to Liverpool may happen especially if Suarez leaves.

Don't think he cares about Spain anymore, winning golden boot in 2 of those tournament and won all 3 of the previous trophies with Spain is enough and more than what any player could ever dream of. Now he wants £££ so he will not go any where, probably stay on our bench for the last 2 years of his contract too if he has to.

I've said over a month ago and I'll say it again: The sooner you accept that Torres is our first choice striker the more moaning and cry you save yourselves.

Yes, he's no where near a world-class striker, but at the moment he's our best striker. Accept it, embrace it, learn to live with it.

I've said over a month ago and I'll say it again: The sooner you accept that Torres is our first choice striker the more moaning and cry you save yourselves.

Yes, he's no where near a world-class striker, but at the moment he's our best striker. Accept it, embrace it, learn to live with it.

how?

how?

His movement creates a lot of space for our AMs to drift centrally and make runs into the box. He also links up with our AMs much better than both Ba and Lukaku. Ba offers something different as a target man, but his form has been terrible for a while now and his conversation rate makes me want to cry. On the other hand Lukaku is faster and a better dribbler, but despite his physical strength, he's still unable to play well with his back to goal. Torres' decision making (as in when to shoot, when to pass and to where) is also better than Romelu's which is expected due to the lack of experience. His first touch also often lets him down. I highlighted all this in the article i wrote about Lukaku if you read it.

His movement creates a lot of space for our AMs to drift centrally and make runs into the box. He also links up with our AMs much better than both Ba and Lukaku. Ba offers something different as a target man, but his form has been terrible for a while now and his conversation rate makes me want to cry. On the other hand Lukaku is faster and a better dribbler, but despite his physical strength, he's still unable to play well with his back to goal. Torres' decision making (as in when to shoot, when to pass and to where) is also better than Romelu's which is expected due to the lack of experience. His first touch also often lets him down. I highlighted all this in the article i wrote about Lukaku if you read it.

first of all, torres' link up play is abysmal. this myth of torres having a good link up play needs to end. how do u have a good link up play when you lose the ball at least 50% of the time it touches your feet. man united match was the prime example of it.

his MOVEMENT? he has no movement. watch sturridge's goal against villa. that is MOVEMENT.torres simply makes the most obvious runs and takes defenders with him. i ll give him that but what i saw of lukaku, he does that too (i am not including ba in the discussion because its looking more and more obvious that he is going).

torres' decision making is better??? seriously, dude??? did you see what he did against man united. last 40 seconds to go on the clock, iva makes a run on the line. a simple straight forward pass to iva, would have either won us a corner kick or iva would have put in a cross. but what does torres do, he loses the ball, leaves us open to a counter which could have so easily ended up as a goal. whats worse, he dint track back and try to win the ball off his own mistake.

also as u said, lukaku has better pace, dribbling, better hold up play, his 2 sub performance showed that he can link up with our mid better than torres did in the hull match or the united match. lukaku can act as a much better target man. and his work rate is a 1000 times better than torres. sometimes lukaku's runs are not what is expected, and he fails to engage defenders, but in overall play LUKAKU IS A BETTER STRIKER THAN TORRES AT THE MOMENT.

PS - u know sometimes our hate/love of a certain player can cloud our judgement and maybe that is the case with me and i am absolutely wrong. but the fact that ALL of my united fan friends were HAPPY that jose brought on torres and not lukaku, goes on to say a lot about this issue. and it was not just them. united fans took a sigh of relief where as there was a collective groan from the anti-united contingent (pool, city and some arsenal fans).

computer-says-no.gif

Never!

first of all, torres' link up play is abysmal. this myth of torres having a good link up play needs to end. how do u have a good link up play when you lose the ball at least 50% of the time it touches your feet. man united match was the prime example of it.

his MOVEMENT? he has no movement. watch sturridge's goal against villa. that is MOVEMENT.torres simply makes the most obvious runs and takes defenders with him. i ll give him that but what i saw of lukaku, he does that too (i am not including ba in the discussion because its looking more and more obvious that he is going).

torres' decision making is better??? seriously, dude??? did you see what he did against man united. last 40 seconds to go on the clock, iva makes a run on the line. a simple straight forward pass to iva, would have either won us a corner kick or iva would have put in a cross. but what does torres do, he loses the ball, leaves us open to a counter which could have so easily ended up as a goal. whats worse, he dint track back and try to win the ball off his own mistake.

also as u said, lukaku has better pace, dribbling, better hold up play, his 2 sub performance showed that he can link up with our mid better than torres did in the hull match or the united match. lukaku can act as a much better target man. and his work rate is a 1000 times better than torres. sometimes lukaku's runs are not what is expected, and he fails to engage defenders, but in overall play LUKAKU IS A BETTER STRIKER THAN TORRES AT THE MOMENT.

Well we're not going to get to any rational conclusion with exaggerations like he looses the ball 50% of the time he gets it. Here's a comparison from this season: Torres had 16 successful passes in 70 mins against Hull as opposed to only 8 passes in 65 mins by Ba. Torres seems to understand our AMs better and for me links up with them much better Lukaku who likes to play while facing the goal and Ba who usually takes up the space that the AMs like to run into.

Movement is not only on the ball, but off it as well. Torres makes runs to the wings and into the whole and exchanges positions with the three players behind him which creates spaces and shooting opportunities. Yes, Torres creates more space than Ba and Lukaku.

I'm not concerned with individual events. Like I said, he's far from world-class, and similarly you could find more than a hundred times when Lukaku should have passed but instead insisted on dribbling and lost possession.

That's your opinion that Lukaku is a better striker atm, but I disagree. I think he can be a super sub but still needs a lot to be a starter. I explained why here: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/16615-player-focus-romelu-lukaku/

Torres looses the ball every 19 minutes;

He doesn't link up play any better than Di Santo would, if he was constantly being played in our side season after season;

Torres form is as terrible as Ba's his conversion and shooting rate are both worse.

Lukaku plays just fine with his back to the goal

Torres shoots on target once a match; his passing success is lower than Lukaku - hence his decision making is obviously worse for a striker. You want a striker that shoots between 4-6 times per match Torres manages 2 shots per match on a good day and 1 on target if he is lucky.

Torres first touch leads to one of two possible outcomes in a large majority of the time - a tackle or falling over and hoping the ref gives us a foul.

The worse thing about Torres is his movement inside the box; I don't remember Torres being in a position to score a tap in over the last 6 months; he is flat footed inside the box; rarely tries to get in front of his marker; rarely tries to get on the end of any possible rebounds; rarely even moves inside the box - whenever a winger/full back gets to the by line you can expect a few things from Torres - either he is moving away from goal; he is not in the box; or he is standing in flat footed without moving much(usually around the penalty spot) expecting the ball to be played in his feet despite there being two defenders in the path of the ball.

In conclusion - you sir are deluded

Below are statistics about his hold up play and link up - he is worse than the two other strikers we have currently by a fairly large margin

2013%2F8%2FChelsea-FWs-HoldUp.jpg

All those stats are of Lukaku's time at Albion and Ba's time at Newcastle so they mean absolutely nothing since we play a completely different system.

Torres looses the ball every 19 minutes;

He doesn't link up play any better than Di Santo would, if he was constantly being played in our side season after season;

Torres form is as terrible as Ba's his conversion and shooting rate are both worse.

Lukaku plays just fine with his back to the goal

Torres shoots on target once a match; his passing success is lower than Lukaku - hence his decision making is obviously worse for a striker. You want a striker that shoots between 4-6 times per match Torres manages 2 shots per match on a good day and 1 on target if he is lucky.

Torres first touch leads to one of two possible outcomes in a large majority of the time - a tackle or falling over and hoping the ref gives us a foul.

The worse thing about Torres is his movement inside the box; I don't remember Torres being in a position to score a tap in over the last 6 months; he is flat footed inside the box; rarely tries to get in front of his marker; rarely tries to get on the end of any possible rebounds; rarely even moves inside the box - whenever a winger/full back gets to the by line you can expect a few things from Torres - either he is moving away from goal; he is not in the box; or he is standing in flat footed without moving much(usually around the penalty spot) expecting the ball to be played in his feet despite there being two defenders in the path of the ball.

In conclusion - you sir are deluded

Below are statistics about his hold up play and link up - he is worse than the two other strikers we have currently by a fairly large margin

2013%2F8%2FChelsea-FWs-HoldUp.jpg

i seriously think these stats are kind towards torres.

if somehow u can get the stats of no. of touches torres takes in one match, and the no. of touches leading to dispossesion, that might show exaclty his involvement (or rather lack of it) in our link up play.

I was one of the very few people criticizing Torres when people were making ridiculous excuses like Malouda hates him and Kalou doesn't pass to him and our midfield is too slow for him and that it's just a matter of time till he gets back to his best. He never got back to his best and he never will. But he has improved and adjusted to our system. But now instead of the ridiculous excuses the new trend seems to be ridiculous hate towards him despite us not having any better options. It seems this man can only inspire extreme opinions.

Hes not our best striker and the fact that you belive that just makes me fucking laugh.