Fernando Torres

really now?
he actually scores, looks great in link-up play and you guys still slate him?!?! WHAT?! this is madness.

believe it or not he is our best striker that fits in with what chelsea have to offer. is he the best striker we could have? no.

keep up the good work nando, and if you keep linking up play like you and scoring goals like this, WE ALL SHOULD HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT GIVE THE MAN SOME CREDIT!!!

go blues!!

He wouldn't be dedicating shit to him if he was on the pitch, hence my reasoning.

Respect the coaches decision and keep your head down.

He'll probably still dedicate it to him even if Mata was playing but maybe not show it like he did then. Torres is just basically showing a sign of support for a teammate and friend of his, just like how probably Mata has helped him during his tough time, who is supposedly having a tough time under Jose if you want to call it that. Don't see why a fuss has to be made out of this at all.

Massive disrespect to Jose there, he should be grateful Mourinho picked 'him' in the first place!

Torres advocating the return of 'player power' at the club will not end well for him.

Jealous that other members are being more controversial than you these days, Term? :P

You and me both know there as much logic in that statement as someone saying: "Jose is going against the will of the fans by continuing to bench Mata since they have voted him player of the year the last two seasons. His continuing to disrespect the opinion of the fans will get him sacked soon."

I know it's been done a thousand times - but I'm still convinced the way we play makes it harder for a striker to shine.

If Eto'o comes in and fails to play it will be because he's washed up blah blah

Lets face it - the only striker to ever really settle in our team was Drogba and even then he had some off games

I think Torres will get much more chances with Schurrle and Hazard / Willian on the wings...

Even when he's playing for Spain - the midfield piss around too much and he just drops deep - his best (and only) position is on the shoulder of the last defender - with balls slid in behind or across. Give Torres too much time to think, he fucks it, let his natural instincts take over and he scores...

More whipped in balls and more through balls is needed - along with a higher tempo and that's not just for Torres - that's for Lukaku, BA and Eto'o ....

I agree with you about it being difficult for our strikers here. Here's a look of how many goals Didier has scored in all his seasons here (from the most recent to the oldest: 13, 13, 16, 39, 14, 16, 33, 16 and 16). Fernando had 23 and 11 in the two full seasons he played for us. Anelka had 25 in one season, but the guy who has always been in our top3 top scorers is Frank Lampard and in the past decade sometimes as the top scorer. So it makes you think why strikers rarely have a great season with us with more than 30 goals and why more often than not Lamps is who scores more for us, 'competing' with all different strikers (Torres, Anelka, Didier)

In the last three seasons Robin van Persie scored 30, 36 and 20 goals for example (as he's younger than Drogba it only makes sense to compare them on their peak - also he was injured and barely played 4 seasons ago).

It doesn't take away that Torres has been under-performing though. But 23 last season isn't that bad. Maybe it'll progress. Who knows? I wouldn't bet on it myself, but truth is nobody really knows.

Straight swap for Mateo Kovacic plz

Hahahahahahaha Inter can't even afford their current players! :lol:

This isn't lazy journalism, it's plain stupid journalism!

really now?

he actually scores, looks great in link-up play and you guys still slate him?!?! WHAT?! this is madness.

believe it or not he is our best striker that fits in with what chelsea have to offer. is he the best striker we could have? no.

keep up the good work nando, and if you keep linking up play like you and scoring goals like this, WE ALL SHOULD HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT GIVE THE MAN SOME CREDIT!!!

go blues!!

Totally agree some people are so bloody ignorant, we want him to do well score and he gets a cracker and still moaning. pathetic. Ah well everyone in this house gave have him the biggest cheer :)

really now?

go blues!!

You are right. We should judge him on 1 game instead of 50.

Oh and btw: FUCK YOU TORRES