Fernando Torres

If I were him I'd leave. Eto'o coming in now to be Jose's number one, and Lukaku is our man for the future,

Pretty sure he isn't happy with how he's playing, he's staying for the trophies probably, but what's the point when you play bad? I mean doesn't he want to go to Spain or something and do better?

I feel Torres will be as hard to get rid of as Bogarde ,, Malouda or the Pox

Yes he did not create much chances through passes but he did create A LOT of space with his movement. KDB, Oscar and Hazard always found space to run into centrally and that is because Torres made countless runs to the wings and dropped into the whole and allowed one of the three to run beyond him into the vacant space. For me, the first half against Hull is exactly why he is currently our best striker and why he fits better into the team than the others.

I agree about making space thought Torres had a great first hour against Manure ,,,hope to see much more like that even 90 minutes

If I were him I'd leave. Eto'o coming in now to be Jose's number one, and Lukaku is our man for the future,

Pretty sure he isn't happy with how he's playing, he's staying for the trophies probably, but what's the point when you play bad? I mean doesn't he want to go to Spain or something and do better?

He does (want to do better) but all that changes every time he goes pick up (figuratively) his paycheck... wonder why... :)

He does (want to do better) but all that changes every time he goes pick up (figuratively) his paycheck... wonder why... :)

Honestly I dont think that's it .. he doesn't really look like the greedy type.

He probably just wants to stay at the top, but he really has to realize its not working.

Honestly I dont think that's it .. he doesn't really look like the greedy type.

He probably just wants to stay at the top, but he really has to realize its not working.

All players are greedy by definition, that's what being professional means; that means you only do what you do for money, never for free.

All professional players I've ever met think about two things: money and girls. Yes, playing the CL also means more exposure, which leads to more money (not only salary but sponsors). So, people get all excited when a player wants "CL football" even though it really means play for a bigger club that offers more exposure, which leads to more money.

A hefty paycheck can squash any idea of seeking an adventure here or there, especially if the professional has a family. it becomes difficult to justify, esp to the better half, why not go for the better deal possible. Remember footballer's careers are relatively short, especially for strikers. So, they must make all the money they can in 10 or so years, or life can become interesting later on.

BTW, companies do the same. They have incentives like stock grants (RSUs) which are internally called "golden locks."

Just for fun: http://www.salary-money.com/fernando-torres-salary-euro-450000.php#.Uh-uwLxhLkE

Kaka announced earlier that he wants to leave Real Madrid because it is the best for him and the club while Torres continues to sulk, rot himself here and cheat 175k p/w wages of us...

after four seasons playing absolutely nothing... by that parameter we'd have to keep Torres for another one and a half year. no thanks

I don't like Torres. I didn't like Torres since he was at Liverpool. I had problems with him although he was much better back then. Technically he was never anything special. He had a few things that helped him - his positioning being one of them, he used to have a better finishing and linked up better. He could also make quite the runs, but I like my players technical - which is why he was never my kind of player.

He came here and he got really worse (he was already not that much good in his last season at pool imo). I don't like the bloke, I think he's a walking embarrassment, still I found myself agreeing with some of CHOULO19's arguments about him and the comparisons between the other two.

The fact is he'll always look worse than he is for most people here, I've come to terms with that. I'm not even defending the guy, it's just that the bias about him here is all over the place. He sucks, but when he does something good people will ignore and say it's not enough when they're overlooking the same stuff from other players - maybe not as often as with Torres, but still.

Also the argument about him cheating, exploring, sucking us on his wage. Who offered him that wage was Chelsea FC, he only agreed to it. Who offered a 5-year contract was Chelsea FC he's fulfilling it. We can't blame the guy and just because all of us want him to leave, it doesn't mean the club wants as well. They could, or they couldn't. Who knows? There had been rumors about other teams wanting him and where did that lead? Nowhere. Why is that? If the club wants to offload the player, they can easily do if others are willing to have him.

I want the guy out just like the next person, but the absurdity of what's written in this thread is really funny. It's so funny that before joining here I've never found myself having to say something positive about Torres because normally the Chelsea supporters around me thought he was less bad than I did or just the same. People who were willing to say he had a good match or scored a nice goal. I'll never read more than 3 consecutive posts in this forum recognizing when he doesn't suck. He will suck by default.

Kaka announced earlier that he wants to leave Real Madrid because it is the best for him and the club while Torres continues to sulk, rot himself here and cheat 175k p/w wages of us...

Only after 4 years of getting around £8-£9m per season...Torres got 2 more to go before he do the same :D

Under Jose Torres either start playing football & scores 10-15 goals according to his wages or Jose will bench him, I believe.

I am happy to see Eto´o on the team to put pressure on Ferda. It´s enough of Torres hide & seek games, I feel.

Under Jose Torres either start playing football & scores 10-15 goals according to his wages or Jose will bench him, I believe.

I am happy to see Eto´o on the team to put pressure on Ferda. It´s enough of Torres hide & seek games, I feel.

Really? 10 goals from a £175k per week player? Torres already tasted the Jose effect, benched for 2 consecutive games now. With Eto'o that will likely increases.

Really? 10 goals from a £175k per week player? Torres already tasted the Jose effect, benched for 2 consecutive games now. With Eto'o that will likely increases.

Well, after seeing him scoring so many over the years, one can not expect much ?

Hopefully, he is finally shipped out. Jose is ready, the club is ready & most of all the fans are fed up with him.