Fernando Torres

Scrumptious finish for his goal, must be said. Was pretty decent today but still very frustrating at times.

Its that really necessary? The guy scored in a final, he played a good match. The same can be said about Drogba in UCL final one year ago, he was frustrating at times.

He just played a good match, give him a break.

Its that really necessary? The guy scored in a final, he played a good match. The same can be said about Drogba in UCL final one year ago, he was frustrating at times.

He just played a good match, give him a break.

...So just because he scored I should overlook how I felt about his overall performance?

Give him a break? It's not like I said he was terrible, I actually said he was decent today. Calm down.

motm for me. was just brilliant. and any1 who knows me would die of shock. but he was truly brilliant. link up play was marvellous. his goal was well taken. but most importantly, his workrate was good and he was a aerial challenge for dante. made life miserable for the bayern defenders.

Had to double check to make sure that wasn't sarcasm. But yes, will agree he did his best. As Choulo, suggested it was wise of Mourinho to persist with Fernando, and introduce Lukaku slowly into the first team. Of course, we don't know how Eto'o will change the equation.

Thank god Torres was not the one to miss the penalty.

Otherwise this forum would have imploded the fabric of space-time and cause the universe to unravel and cease to exist.

LMAO I almost spilled my drink reading this :lol:

Kaka announced earlier that he wants to leave Real Madrid because it is the best for him and the club while Torres continues to sulk, rot himself here and cheat 175k p/w wages of us...

Can't understand how you can even compare the two. Kaka has been rotting on the bench for about 4 seasons while Torres has mostly been our first choice striker since arriving.

He scored a great goal and made one more chance for himself when he tricked Dante. But that was pretty much it.

I thought he wasn't helpful enough in the defence.

When you look at the contribution Mandzukic (example) brings to his team, it's on the whole nother level compared to Torres' contribution to his team.

Credit where it is due, he played like a £50m striker in the first half. He played as well as anyone could have against that Bayern side, and worked tirelessly for the cause in the second half when things weren't going our way. He's not spent yet.

I know it's been done a thousand times - but I'm still convinced the way we play makes it harder for a striker to shine.

If Eto'o comes in and fails to play it will be because he's washed up blah blah

Lets face it - the only striker to ever really settle in our team was Drogba and even then he had some off games

I think Torres will get much more chances with Schurrle and Hazard / Willian on the wings...

Even when he's playing for Spain - the midfield piss around too much and he just drops deep - his best (and only) position is on the shoulder of the last defender - with balls slid in behind or across. Give Torres too much time to think, he fucks it, let his natural instincts take over and he scores...

More whipped in balls and more through balls is needed - along with a higher tempo and that's not just for Torres - that's for Lukaku, BA and Eto'o ....

Torres has carried on his form from the end of last season! thats 4 goals in his last 6 starts! now with our counter attacking football, he will continue to score goals! he just shouldn't play against teams that sit deep against us, that should be for when Eto'o plays.