Fernando Torres

You said : how many times did he start a match compared to being a sub? Maybe there is a reason why he was used as a sub so much?

I responded he started not much less than competitionless Torres while doing better somewhat :-).

There must be a reason, perhaps, but that argument is a bit unconvincing I believe, mate.

42.85% times Lukaku came off the bench

22.22% times Torres came off the bench

I personally dont think thats close

42.85% times Lukaku came off the bench

22.22% times Torres came off the bench

I personally dont think thats close

Lol. Thats such a small difference when seeing the total numbers. 35/15 versus 36/8 in absolutes. The former being much younger, having better numbers. Also Torres scoring almost no winners.

That doesn't impress me. The % sounds awesome, but means little. Those numbers actually mean Lukaku did better. I hope you realize that, becuase you just proved it with your line of reasoning ....

Lol. Thats such a small difference when seeing the total numbers. 35/15 versus 36/8 in absolutes. The former being much younger, having better numbers. Also Torres scoring almost no winners.

That doesn't impress me. The % sounds awesome, but means little. Those numbers actually mean Lukaku did better. I hope you realize that, becuase you just proved it with your line of reasoning ....

No...you have me wrong, i believe Lukaku is miles better than Torres, its a no contest really, and i know Lukakus stats against Torres last season, i was just saying how he wasnt really able to get a start last season and how that might just continue for this season. We might not be able to understand that but maybe Mou has his reasons

I dont understand what some people here are discussing. What are you claiming? Statistics to show what, that Torres isnt as bad as some people think? Might be true, he is MUCH WORSE.

Some people have told me Im a jerk for calling Torres a cunt and whatnot, and that I should support him because he's a Chelsea player.

My answer is: No player is greater than the club itself. I consider Torres a cancer that needs to be removed. He is damaging our club. He was a huge part in Sturridge leaving, he's also a reason Lukaku wont get as much playtime as he should. He makes fans feel frustrated and he keeps us from winning more than we should.

So, I will NOT support him just because he's a Chelsea player when clearly he is BAD for the club.

FUCK OFF FROM MY CLUB TORRES!!!

After watching the team struggle against Man U I can only continue to wonder why Torres did not come in earlier. He can not help if he sits. It was upsetting that he was not playing Monday. I hope he gets on the pitch to help. The defensive mindset on Monday will not win them anything...

For a world Cup year Torres does not look like a player who wants to go to the world cup, he is not even showing any signs of being an actual striker

Right he should leave to a weaker league. Can see him being the second fiddle of Falcao in Monaco xD

I dont understand what some people here are discussing. What are you claiming? Statistics to show what, that Torres isnt as bad as some people think? Might be true, he is MUCH WORSE.

Some people have told me Im a jerk for calling Torres a cunt and whatnot, and that I should support him because he's a Chelsea player.

My answer is: No player is greater than the club itself. I consider Torres a cancer that needs to be removed. He is damaging our club. He was a huge part in Sturridge leaving, he's also a reason Lukaku wont get as much playtime as he should. He makes fans feel frustrated and he keeps us from winning more than we should.

So, I will NOT support him just because he's a Chelsea player when clearly he is BAD for the club.

FUCK OFF FROM MY CLUB TORRES!!!

Brilliant.

For a world Cup year Torres does not look like a player who wants to go to the world cup, he is not even showing any signs of being an actual striker

The guy has been lucky to even get called upto Spain last 2 years, still relying on his name and reputation. Euro 2012 Soldado was ignored who got 27 goals in 51 games that Season, and for te Confeds Negredo was ignored and he had a great record of 31 goals in 33 appearances or something like that.