Fernando Torres

are torres and mata going to start for spain or is llorente the go to man, actually no chance mata starts xavi-iniesta-xab-silva are all probably ahead in the pecking order

No I think Matta will left in bench and he is no chance to start in XI,,there are iniesta xavi silva alonso, but Torres will be first choice of Del Bosque.

"He is one of those players who brings us speed, draws markers away, never stands still, and gets into positions to receive passes behind the back line," said Del Bosque, who is without the injured David Villa for the tournament. "Fernando is very happy to be here, he's euphoric."

8 in 10 weeks, not shabby at all, but unfortunately, still far from what is expected from 50 million pounds and 175 k per week.

I would say better than 1 in 10 weeks or 0 in 10 weeks. It is a good sign he is among the goals and let not judge him with his the price tag, because of it the expectation automatically go up 10 times.

Haha love the exchange between him and Mata during the goal celebration.

and fuck me, never thought I'd say this but Fernando's been looking pretty attractive the last couple of months :wub: He's finally sorted his stupid hair out. It was dreadful when he joined

Had a decent game against China yesterday, after coming off the bench at half time.

Good movement, very lively, forced the keeper into making 2 saves, nice flick back across goal (like he did for Ivanovic goal against Villa) but the Spanish player - don't remember who - hit the bar.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him start against Italy.

Had a decent game against China yesterday, after coming off the bench at half time.

Good movement, very lively, forced the keeper into making 2 saves, nice flick back across goal (like he did for Ivanovic goal against Villa) but the Spanish player - don't remember who - hit the bar.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him start against Italy.

I agree, I think he's looked the best out of the Spanish strikers recently and will start vs. Italy.

It's easily 4-2-3-1 with Iniesta ,Xavi, Silva and Torres upfront for Spain. Llorente coming of the bench or starting against well organised, defense minded teams. And Negredo, getting some minutes, so Del Bosque will justify his decision to bring him to the Euros.

Good game agaist China, but should have scored that double chance he had

At the Euros we're about to see the best Torres since 2009-2010

I watched his goals at livpool, I noticed someting very interesting before season 2009-2010 he is rediculously fast, but in 2009-2010 (before injury) he seems slowed down, my conclusion is that he got slower before the injury but even when he is slower he managed to score 31 goals in season and a half for the dippers(with alot of the games missed or coming off the bench).Now he is as fast as he was 2009-2010, which means that he is absolutely capable of scoring 30+ goals if he is played properly.