Fernando Torres

Chelsea are confident that there will not be a major doubt over his long-term fitness and as such have convinced Roman Abramovich that a final bid close to £70million will be enough to prise Torres from Anfield.

Sorry, but offering £70 million for an out-of-form world cup star is bloody ridiculous... no!!

Edited by CJ Revo

Reports today claim the bididng will begin at 30 million, I cant see Torres costing the same amount as James Milner no matter how cash strapped Liverpool are. If this were to happen I would say anywhere between 40-50 million might do it and I think it would be worth every penny.

I'm not buying it! I'd rather go for a younger, probably a lot more cheaper option in Aguero! Torres is a great striker, of course, but he has had a poor World Cup, and parting with £50-odd million for him is a massive gamble. Sometimes, for players, it can put a lot of pressure on the player if they are bought for a large amount of money.

I remember when we signed Sheva for £30 million before he jetted off with Ukraine for the 2006 World Cup. And he came back to play for us the following season, and he was a huge disappoinment.

Yeah Aguero didn't get a chance to play a lot at the World Cup this year and prove himself, but look at who was in front of him... Tevez, Messi, Milito. I bet if even one of those names were injured before the world cup, he would have started every game and brightened up the stage. Aguero has so much to prove and he's only 22. Torres on the other hand, is 26 and is currently out of form at this world cup.

Would you rather have a younger in-form player, or an older striker who's struggling for form? .. I know who I'd want in my team.

Sorry, but offering £70 million for an out-of-form world cup star is bloody ridiculous... no!!

Did Messi had an amazing world cup? No. Is he an amazing player? Yes.

Same for Torres! Although i agree with you on the ridiculous 70 million pound wink.gif.

"Liverpool are claimed to have put a world record £100million price tag on Fernando Torres in a bid to hold on to their star striker after tonight's World Cup final"

Bullshit. Messi holds the world record clause somewhere around 250mill.

I'm not buying it! I'd rather go for a younger, probably a lot more cheaper option in Aguero! Torres is a great striker, of course, but he has had a poor World Cup, and parting with £50-odd million for him is a massive gamble. Sometimes, for players, it can put a lot of pressure on the player if they are bought for a large amount of money.

I remember when we signed Sheva for £30 million before he jetted off with Ukraine for the 2006 World Cup. And he came back to play for us the following season, and he was a huge disappoinment.

Yeah Aguero didn't get a chance to play a lot at the World Cup this year and prove himself, but look at who was in front of him... Tevez, Messi, Milito. I bet if even one of those names were injured before the world cup, he would have started every game and brightened up the stage. Aguero has so much to prove and he's only 22. Torres on the other hand, is 26 and is currently out of form at this world cup.

Would you rather have a younger in-form player, or an older striker who's struggling for form? .. I know who I'd want in my team.

Are you honestly going to rate a player on how he went in the world cup? So i guess you wouldn't want Messi, Ronaldo, Maicon, or Eto?? Drogba played pretty shit too, You still wan't him??

villa to torres..  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1293820/Fernando-Torres-NEVER-follow-money-join-Manchester-City-claims-Spain-team-mate-David-Villa.html?ITO=1490

Villa said: 'I am not sure where his future lies – but he knows like me he must win ­trophies at club level.

'He isn’t money-focused so he would never join Manchester City. ^_^

'But sure, Barcelona and Chelsea would be real options for him. He has proven he can score goals in England and Chelsea are the number one team there at the ­moment, so I suppose it’s the option that makes the most sense.

'He has been fully focused on the World Cup but in the back of his mind he knows he needs to be competing for the very highest honours and if Liverpool can’t do it he will have to move.'

Are you honestly going to rate a player on how he went in the world cup? So i guess you wouldn't want Messi, Ronaldo, Maicon, or Eto?? Drogba played pretty shit too, You still wan't him??

okay, maybe I'm over-exaggerating, of course I want Torres to join Chelsea, but I guess I'm all for current form, and not their overall statistics. I just like to see us bringing in players who have good form under their belt. The World Cup brings the best out of players.