Fernando Torres

Torres certainly won't go to any Spanish club, least of all Madrid. Not for a few more years at least, he is too well-connected with Atletico. Italy is a more likely move for him should he go abroad, though I'm sure he'll end up at City to be honest. They'll offer him crazy wages and he'll go.

08.56 There are fears that Rafa Benitez's departure as Liverpool manager could now lead to an exodus of players, with Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Pepe Reina and Javier Mascherano linked with an exit, according to The Independent.

skysports

Reina won't leave,he signed a new deal a while ago and he certainly knew Rafa won't stay for too long.

To be honest, contracts mean nothing in today's football world. Just look at Rafa, he signed 5 years in March in 3months he's gone!

Reina only signed a month after (?), so you know..

Chelsea aim to take advantage of chaos at Liverpool with big new bid for Fernando Torres

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1284101/Chelsea-aim-advantage-chaos-Liverpool-big-new-bid-Fernando-Torres.html

Probably [read: almost definitely] more paper talk with little substance, but the claims about Torres -> Chelsea are growing in number. You've also got to think, will he want to stay at a club not in champions league, with ownership problems, massive debt and managerial uncertainty? Probably not. Will he want to go to any club not in champions league and purely for money? Probably not Manchester Shitty. Will he want to go to Manchester United? No! Will he want to go to Real Madrid? Probably not based on his Atletico connections. Barcelona? Well they have just signed David Villa, they have Ibrahimovic, Messi, Pedro, Henry, usually only play with one striker, can't see Torres or Villa working as wingers so it's unlikely they'll burn 50-70 million on him. Atletico? Not in champions league and probably don't have the financial clout to take him back. So we do seem like the most logical option unless he'd prefer to see out his contract or we decide we don't want him.

Are you all serious? I understand that you don't want Torres because he is from Liverpool, but come on! He is considered one of the best strikers in Premiership and World, he already shines in CL and NT, he is fast, very technical gifted, good in air, high, experienced and by choosing us over Man City he showed that he want to win cups not earn money while Aguero is from Primera Division and can be a flop, although he showed he is capable to play against English teams, but he is still young and wants to earn as much as Chelsea's legends. Besides he once said he won't live Atletico as I recall it was in January and lately he's been saying he likes Chelsea. I know that Torres is injury prone but would you rather Gourcuff or Essien? If Torres came to Chelsea, I would considered it as one of the best transfers we made in past few years. You might say he won't play well because of Drogba, but Drogs already showed he can play on the wing and we could try 4-4-2 once again. I mean he can play in NT with Villa, so why couldn't he cope with Drogba well?