UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Two new teams to play and bloody Schalke again. Shame we didn't get Dortmund but it's a great draw for us.

City's draw is a nightmare, Liverpool's is doable although Basel are a banana skin and Arsenal's is a bit boring although Galatasaray is the type of place that could rattle them.

Our's gives us a chance to use players like Zouma, Salah, Van Ginkel and maybe even a Baker and Ake.

City have a tough group but if they fail in Europe then like last season, they will concentrate on the league instead. so could be a bad thing as well.

I think experience and new team what cost them before.

Now they have enough years to understand this and the team has been together for a while.

Don't see them having any problem other then Bayern.

The only thing is who will finish first.

Well, given how we'll hopefully be strong title contenders again in both competitions, I'm very happy with the group.

The longest we'll travel is 3h30, we could decide our quali to the R16 after the 4th match because I can see Sporting and Schalke splitting points among them, which means we can focus on the League, play some of our younger players in both competitions and not worry about a terrible November. There's no way to have a bad november with that group. We easily dominated Schalke last year and I think our December schedule in the league is also very nice.

And Schurrle is trolling - although I'm sure he's just being the humble great guy he normally is

So how many will Real Madrid put past that awful Liverpool defense? Those games should be a joy to watch.

A part of me actually wants the 3 other English sides to progress so they have more games and fixture congestion.

So how many will Real Madrid put past that awful Liverpool defense? Those games should be a joy to watch.

A part of me actually wants the 3 other English sides to progress so they have more games and fixture congestion.

They should all pass.

From Liverpool, who will give them a tough game other then Real?

So they should pass as second.

Same as Arsenal, and City are far too much for Roma.

They should all pass.

From Liverpool, who will give them a tough game other then Real?

So they should pass as second.

Same as Arsenal, and City are far too much for Roma.

True.

Basel would've been trouble for Liverpool last season but they've sold all of their best players. I'm actually going to back City to top their group over Bayern who I feel are massively overrated. Arsenal should go through fairly comfortably too, maybe even topping that group.