UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Also who the fuck are Ludogorets Razgard??

A team from Bulgaria with very rich owner. I'm far from liking or supporting this team, but today made a really dramatic win over Steaua. Read more here:https://eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/defender-moti-goes-goal-champions-league-play-off-215048886.html

And I'm hoping Chelsea to drawn with them so I can go to the game in Bulgaria :)

Would like at least one of Dortmund/Juventus. Easy draws are boring.

Well you got your wish a couple of year's back and looked what happened?

I want the easiest possible (on paper) group stage and to get through after four games.

Well you got your wish a couple of year's back and looked what happened?

I want the easiest possible (on paper) group stage and to get through after four games.

This team (and manager) is much better than the one we had in 12/13. I think your viewpoint is more common but personally I'd prefer us having a reasonably difficult group.

Can't understand people's fascination of wanting a tough group. It's like they have some death wish or something. Probably better off playing in FIFA or FM!

Exactly. Last season we played 12 games in the Champions League and the weekend before these important CL games our record in the league was 5 wins, 1 draw and 6 losses. Points lost to Everton and Spurs could have happened any time and the timing for some of the other losses might have been just a coincidence too but if 6 out of our 7 losses in the league came before European games the easiest explanation would be that some of the lads already had their mind set on the CL and the team's preparation to face teams like Stoke or Crystal Palace might not have been as good as it should have been.

If we get an easy group and confirm first place after just four games we can just play the youngsters in the remaining fixtures and focus on the league. Also the difference between first and second place is huge, just look at Arsenal who finished second behind Dortmund in their group last year and were immediately drawn against Bayern München whereas for the group winners there were teams like Olympiacos, Milan etc. available.

No matter what there will be plenty of important games against big teams from February onwards so it's definitely best to just get out of the group stage unscathed and try to win as many league games as possible.

Exactly. Last season we played 12 games in the Champions League and the weekend before these important CL games our record in the league was 5 wins, 1 draw and 6 losses. Points lost to Everton and Spurs could have happened any time and the timing for some of the other losses might have been just a coincidence too but if 6 out of our 7 losses in the league came before European games the easiest explanation would be that some of the lads already had their mind set on the CL and the team's preparation to face teams like Stoke or Crystal Palace might not have been as good as it should have been.

If we get an easy group and confirm first place after just four games we can just play the youngsters in the remaining fixtures and focus on the league. Also the difference between first and second place is huge, just look at Arsenal who finished second behind Dortmund in their group last year and were immediately drawn against Bayern München whereas for the group winners there were teams like Olympiacos, Milan etc. available.

No matter what there will be plenty of important games against big teams from February onwards so it's definitely best to just get out of the group stage unscathed and try to win as many league games as possible.

Precisely. And like I pointed out previously, immediately after 4 of our 6 group matches, we'll be facing City, United, Liverpool and Arsenal with the first three being away games. Having to play 2 big games and potentially high tempo and intensity ones in 3-4 days is rather suicidal, when we can (hopefully) avoid such scenario.

Can't understand people's fascination of wanting a tough group. It's like they have some death wish or something. Better off playing it in FIFA or FM!

Because European nights at the Bridge are better against better opposition. Who wants to play Basel again?

Give me those Autumn/Winter nights, the music playing and the best players you can. Who the fuck wants to spend money watching a game you'll instantly forget?

No one here mentioned the dramatic win of Ldogoretz Razgrad. Cosmin Moti becomes a legend, after the defender went in goal , for a red card on the GK in 120 min. Then scores his own and saves 2 penalties to get his team in the CL. Also ref, was a fckin nob, 2 red cards not given, made me piss off. Hope they draw Chelsea.

Because European nights at the Bridge are better against better opposition. Who wants to play Basel again?

Give me those Autumn/Winter nights, the music playing and the best players you can. Who the fuck wants to spend money watching a game you'll instantly forget?

Don't remember anybody complaining when we put 6 on Genk. I agree though, 04 against Barca was the reason why I love my early mornings on the couch here.

Don't remember anybody complaining when we put 6 on Genk. I agree though, 04 against Barca was the reason why I love my early mornings on the couch here.

5. Memorable score innit. ;)

I get your point but we're reaching the point in this competition where we're playing the same teams with some regularity. It's why I'd like us to get Dortmund.

5. Memorable score innit. ;)

I get your point but we're reaching the point in this competition where we're playing the same teams with some regularity. It's why I'd like us to get Dortmund.

Be careful what you wish for. An easy group stage wouldn't hurt our other 3 campaigns.