UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

First Chelsea played against my local team Olimpija in preseason and now they will square up against their arch rivals NK Maribor. Even though they are our rivals I'm still happy that they qualified for Champions League, because it's a huge achievement for the whole slovenian football. I always support all slovenian teams in Europe, but this will be different because Maribor will play against a team that I've supported since a child. I just hope we don't trash them badly, so i would take a nice 3-1 win at the Bridge and a high-scoring draw like 3-3 in Maribor, so it can be an exciting match for the whole country of Slovenia.

Liverpool are gonna get fucked by Madrid, but should get through. City-Roma will be one sided and City will win their group. Arsenal should come in 2nd again. We should clinch R16 qualification after 4 games. WHAT A GOOD DRAW!!! (:

Here are the fixtures' dates for our group games. Also stated the league games before and after those..

13/9 - Swansea (H)

17/9 - Schalke (H)

21/9 - Man City (A)

27/9 - Aston Villa (H)

30/9 - Sporting Lisbon (A)

5/10 - Arsenal (H)

18/10 - Crystal Palace (A)

21/10 - NK Maribor (H)

26/10 - Man United (A)

1/11 - QPR (H)

5/11 - NK Maribor (A)

8/11 - Liverpool (A)

25/11 - Schalke (A)

10/12 - Sporting Lisbon (H)

Just saw the fixtures of the other teams.

City will be away at Bayern before they face us while Arsenal will play host to Galatasaray before facing us and Liverpool will play Real Madrid away before that match on November 8.

Here are the fixtures' dates for our group games. Also stated the league games before and after those..

13/9 - Swansea (H)

17/9 - Schalke (H)

21/9 - Man City (A)

27/9 - Aston Villa (H)

30/9 - Sporting Lisbon (A)

5/10 - Arsenal (H)

18/10 - Crystal Palace (A)

21/10 - NK Maribor (H)

26/10 - Man United (A)

1/11 - QPR (H)

5/11 - NK Maribor (A)

8/10 - Liverpool (A)

25/11 - Schalke (A)

10/12 - Sporting Lisbon (H)

Pretty decent. The only real problem is right at the beginning of the comp with Schalke H then City away four days later.

Just saw the fixtures of the other teams.

City will be away at Bayern before they face us while Arsenal will play host to Galatasaray before facing us and Liverpool will play Real Madrid away before that match on October 8.

I'm confused...

Wankfest has already started on sky sport

Sky Sports News HQ@SkySportsNewsHQ 1 min

You've been voting all afternoon, and more of you think Liverpool will go the furthest from the Eng clubs in the #UCL

BwJNZeJIQAEMdEl.png

Charlie Nicholas on SSN "those famous Anfield nights". Oh do fuck off.

On those away leg nights, expect the resumption of liverpool players houses being burgled....

Bilbao will be the new Dortmund/Atleti. They are amazing at home, beat RM and Barça quite often at San Mames. Atleti should be one of the favourite with their style of play, I can see them go in the Final again but I still back us to win it all.

Our recent CL groups. We have had the rub of the green for quite a while, then. :D

2014 - Maribor, Sporting, Schalke

2013 - Schalke, Basel, Steaua

2012 - Nordsjælland, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus

2011 - Genk, Leverkusen, Valencia

2010 - Spartak Moskva, Žilina, Marseille

2009 - APOEL, Porto, Atletico

2008 - CFR Cluj, Bordeaux, Roma

2007 - Valencia, Rosenborg, Schalke

Browsing around newspaper online and read the comments. Some of Liverpool fans seems happy with their draw. I would think Basel could create some problem for them. Basel has a very good records against PL teams. Great to see they are already underestimate Basel.