UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Dortmund I thought outplayed Bayern, for all their hype. Just play more like Dortmund which, with Jose and a few signings, I think we can and we can beat them no doubt. Jose will also want to prove a point, make a statement and beat Pep of course.

We can't play like Dortmund. Do you see Mata, Lampard, Torres working that much against the ball?

Even Jose Mourinho cannot do that, Ronaldo still does not track back and ozil is still crap defensively

Hazard does SOME tracking back. Oscar as we have seen is fine is this department. Torres...Well hopefully he's not even on the field so it doesn't matter. Mata is the one who probably won't press but I think it's better that way as he is best when he is high up the pitch just behind the striker or playing as a second striker.

Dortmund's pressing wasn't out of this world pressing like Barcelona's was around 09-10 but it certainly is effective and achievable.

I didn't actually think they were that impressive vs. Dortmund. If you press against Bayern you have a really good chance.

Under most managers we won't have the balls to press. But under Mourinho I'm sure we will, especially after learning his lesson vs. them in the CL semi-final.

It'll be interesting if they try that tika-taka crap vs. us under Guardiola. This could actually be a decent chance to take advantage of their very own (slight) transition.

I want to win this trophy so much.

As Klopp said that nowdays football is all about working as a team. He made eleven players not just to be friends but also to defend together and attack together. All 11 must know how to defend and how to attack. Same goes for Bayern. That is why they destroyed Barca and Real.

If we wont have team work and striker who wont work hard and Mata, Hazard etc who wont track back, we wont see win against Bayern/Bvb for quite some time.

well be a hell of a game. without the sense of a champions league final i dont think we will have that unity and drive and cant see our current squad winning it. i cna see us getting a goal, but i dont see us winning it unless we bring in some players, so just like the next season predictions and predictions for this, need to wait on summer signings!

After 15 editions at AS Monaco FC's Stade Louis II between 1998 and 2012, the venue for the annual meeting of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League winners will change every year.

Coincidentally, Chelsea won the inaugural Monaco fixture, beating Real Madrid CF 1-0 as UEFA Cup Winners' Cup holders.

Bayern, by contrast, have a unique record of losing all three of their appearances.

And while English teams have a record of seven wins and seven losses, German clubs have come unstuck in all seven UEFA Super Cup outings.