The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to make the best of a bad situation here I did think he was a decent manager tactically while at liverpool, he managed what I felt was a distinctly average Liverpool team (aside from an excellent midfield), to two champions league finals. Unfortunately its not looking like we'll be staying in the champions league and his Premier League record isn't as impressive but they nearly won it in 08-09 so thats something. Plus he hates Fergie so he can't be all bad. I'm also very curious to see the reaction over at rawk where they worship him like a god. After ruining Torres for them I don't know how they'll take this.

I don't think people are saying they're going to stop supporting the club because of the fat Spanish waiter they'll just not back him 100% and just see the season out and hope someone better comes in (Pep) , the only way rafa will endear himself to us is with points & trophies and keep his gub shut !

Huge overreaction here. I don't want to put efforts in defending him, so hopefully after a run of good results most of you will settle down. We don't need to like him, but I bet all of us want the team to do well and fight for the title no matter who the manager is.

This is surrealism without the art. It's mad, it's strange, it's weird, i just don't know what i'm thinking right now. Rafael Benitez is Chelsea manager, i mean, i can't imagine it, i can't even picture him wearing a Chelsea logo and celebrating a Chelsea goal or win just feels weird. What's going on? Please someone wake me up, this cannot be true.

At least it's not permanent, It's intrim, that fucking word again. it's a "Steady our ship 'til the summer and i'll give you a nice pay off".

That probably means we will keep playing with Torres and wont buy any new striker in january. GREAT!

Lets be honest though our managers arnt exactly in full control over signings and Roman will want us to get a new striker, its not like rafa will say i want to keep torres and have no one else, and roman will be like, "thats all cool dude".

Lets be honest though our managers arnt exactly in full control over signings and Roman will want us to get a new striker, its not like rafa will say i want to keep torres and have no one else, and roman will be like, "thats all cool dude".

You're right bout that, but we will see lot of Torres in next months...

That probably means we will keep playing with Torres and wont buy any new striker in january. GREAT!

It does seem like he's been brought to try and revitalize Torres's career. I don't think we were going to be able to sign any big names in January so I guess Roman figured he would try one last gamble on fernando. This is speculation on my part but I think that it was already determined that pep would be coming next year regardless of our performance this season so benitez is definitely just a stop gap appointment. We've done well in the past when we replaced managers midway through so maybe Roman thinks we'll do the same this year.