Now it is time, as fans, to step up and claim our Club back!

What about the years before that? when he finished 2nd in the league, won the CL, reached another CL final, won the F.a cup, won at Valencia - surely takes a good manager to achieve this.

Things come and go. Time moves on and people change. Everything has its rise, its peak and its fall-down. Back in the days, Liverpool had a great succes, now they are a mid-table team and belong to the past. Le Stade de Reims played in the UCL final in 56 and 59 ; now it's just a nobody club which wasn't in L1 for 33 seasons in a row. Ronaldinho was at some point one of the best player in football history, then he lost himself. Dalglish was successful during his first spell at Liverpool, he second was quite a failure. After let's say six years of relative success, he has undergone a run of five poor seasons (well, in some of them he didn't even find a job). So yeah, he was a good manager at one point, however it just looks like he has now done his time.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt that Abramovich will not be alive forever to support us. What if he loses interest? We need to be self-sufficient ASAP. But I don't know how we can achieve this. Fire Ron and Buck?

Moderators should care about your avatar and signature. Not sure if its a good way to threat Chelsea's players, even when you dont like them. I think thats insulting.

Things come and go. Time moves on and people change. Everything has its rise, its peak and its fall-down. Back in the days, Liverpool had a great succes, now they are a mid-table team and belong to the past. Le Stade de Reims played in the UCL final in 56 and 59 ; now it's just a nobody club which wasn't in L1 for 33 seasons in a row. Ronaldinho was at some point one of the best player in football history, then he lost himself. Dalglish was successful during his first spell at Liverpool, he second was quite a failure. After let's say six years of relative success, he has undergone a run of five poor seasons (well, in some of them he didn't even find a job). So yeah, he was a good manager at one point, however it just looks like he has now done his time.

Who cares about Le Stade de Reims, they've got nothing to do with Chelsea.

Never mind all this lets step up and claim our club back stuff, I had a kitkat earlier and some fuck nugget stole it, lets step up and claim it back as I'm rather hungry and quite frankly sick of all this Rafa Benitez talk and Roman Abramovich talk... Rafas manager, protesting or whatever wont do fuck all. Just think about this, no Roman = no money = no major success in last 10 years so yeaaaah we'd be that club that could maybe win stuff in the future like ermmmm... Arsenal... and we don't wanna be like that.

Moderators should care about your avatar and signature. Not sure if its a good way to threat Chelsea's players, even when you dont like them. I think thats insulting.

Wow your picture is awesome!

Would have done the tag thing but forgot how to do it...

How exactly do you stop being a good manager? sure you can stop being a good player as you get older or stop being a good team when your best players leave, but manager?

He had a bad season at Liverpool yes, but that does not make him a bad manager. His failure at Inter wasn't just on him like i have said before, they fired him in December 2010 and have had 4 different managers since then, so surely it all couldn't have been his fault.

How exactly do you stop being a good manager? sure you can stop being a good player as you get older or stop being a good team when your best players leave, but manager?

He had a bad season at Liverpool yes, but that does not make him a bad manager. His failure at Inter wasn't just on him like i have said before, they fired him in December 2010 and have had 4 different managers since then, so surely it all couldn't have been his fault.

When Mourinho leaves clubs, clubs seem to fall apart and appoint 6 different managers or whatever.

You could argue the same about RDM, sacked by WBA and they have got better since...

Roman obviously has an Agenda we are not privy too!

But up until today, you guys respected him, try believing in him a little more...

today was just perhaps the final straw ... I lost respect for him long ago.. you may worship his business acumen , I despise the way he treats people

today was just perhaps the final straw ... I lost respect for him long ago.. you may worship his business acumen , I despise the way he treats people

It's his money and this club is a business at the end of the day. I don't mind the way he treats people. The only manager he should of kept was Mourinho. Everyone else had a valid reason for getting the sack

Looking forward to this, some excellent transfers ahead hopefully like.....Cheyrou, Diao, Pongolle, Smicer, Thompson, Mellor, Voronin..

.second thoughts dont let him near a cheque book

If he could land us someone similar to the likes of Agger or Skrtel for our defence, I'd be pleased.

Every manager has made some awful signings at some stage in their career.

If he could land us someone similar to the likes of Agger or Skrtel for our defence, I'd be pleased.

Every manager has made some awful signings at some stage in their career.

Yes or keane, Itanje, Dossena, Babel, Riera, Aquilani,

He is probably the worst signer of players ever

Looking forward to this, some excellent transfers ahead hopefully like.....Cheyrou, Diao, Pongolle, Smicer, Thompson, Mellor, Voronin..

.second thoughts dont let him near a cheque book

Of course, compared to the the Dalgliesh trifecta of Downing, Henderson, and Carroll, Benitze looks like a genius in the transfer market. Maybe it's just a Liverpool thing. ( and yes, I know, they are much better than us because they won the first division a lot in the 70's and 80's and that's clearly much more important than current success.)

Yes or keane, Itanje, Dossena, Babel, Riera, Aquilani,

He is probably the worst signer of players ever

Fair point, he's probably up there with Mark Hughes who just had to sign an entire starting XI worth of strikers at Citeh..and then went to QPR and decided to sign like 20 players in one window. :D

Of course, compared to the the Dalgliesh trifecta of Downing, Henderson, and Carroll, Benitze looks like a genius in the transfer market. Maybe it's just a Liverpool thing. ( and yes, I know, they are much better than us because they won the first division a lot in the 70's and 80's and that's clearly much more important than current success.)

Yes and selective history is their mantra. I could reel off another 10 Rafa 'superstars' -but lets move on. If hes been brought in to indulge Romans £50m hairband, its a lost cause. Torres has lost it . He can't even run let alone control a ball, develop any sort of technique, play a first time ball, put his laces through it. He looks so clumsy all the time he makes me nervous.

I never slate him at the Bridge or away, as he does put a shift in, but his best years are gone.

Cant wait for Rafa to utter the immortal 'Hunbeleefable, hunbeleefable' when he loses :D

Jesus, talk about an overreaction.

Get behind the team and Rafa for the rest of the season. I don't know what he's said in the past and I honestly don't care. He's a good manager, great tactician and is here to help us progress (And probably has something to prove himself, which is fair enough). Sacking Robbie was always going to be hard to take given his status at the club and what he achieved, but life goes on. Everyone will remember what he did.

Most are clinging onto the idea that Pep will take over at the end of the season. That can only happen if the fans get behind the team and the manager. I've heard rumours of potential protests and boycotts. Really? Do you really think that will have a positive effect on the teams performances? Getting into the top four is vital and if we don't then the chances of getting Pep are extremely slim.

I didn't mind Rafa getting the job as long as it's a short term solution, but the fact that the majority already dislike him from the get-go is a recipe for disaster. These people need to put their petty agenda's aside and get behind the manager & the team.