Now it is time, as fans, to step up and claim our Club back!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose?

His is kind of sad actually, watch his post match interview. He said he still supports Chelsea, but it was hollow and he did not even repeated Benitez name. It lacked the passion he always transmits when he talks about us.

Are you serious? He has already shown complete contempt to our club and fans. The fact he has the audacity to then accept a job managing us shows even less respect for us the fans.

It's like a guy coming in for an interview and saying "this place sucks, and so do you", then accepting the job and you showing him respect.

He gets fuck all from me, nothing you or anyone else on here say is going to change my mind on that, well short of him referring to Liverpool fans as bin dippers of course.

I have no interst in changing your mind... I do not like benitez as well, but the fact of the matter is that he is our new chelsea manager, and nothing we do is gonna change that. He has shown disrespect for us as fans in the past with some of his comments and he is never gonna get a 10th of the respect that RDM has. However there is no good that can come from our team except unsettling it more from every chelsea fan showing its hatred towards its manager... It won't help anything, especailly with a new team that we are trying to build.

I have no interst in changing your mind... I do not like benitez as well, but the fact of the matter is that he is our new chelsea manager, and nothing we do is gonna change that. He has shown disrespect for us as fans in the past with some of his comments and he is never gonna get a 10th of the respect that RDM has. However there is no good that can come from our team except unsettling it more from every chelsea fan showing its hatred towards its manager... It won't help anything, especailly with a new team that we are trying to build.

Well don't tell me to respect the guy then. I won't boo him, I shall not joining in singing anti Benitez songs (well for a while but trust me its going to happen). But I won't cheer him.

Seriously can you not see the shit storm that is coming our way off the back of this.

JOSE MATTEO. JOSE MATTEO. JOSE MATTEOOOO, JOSE MATTEEEOOOOOO.

Go'on. If we, or some of us, or some of you, want Di Matteo back or want him acknowledged, at least try and get The Special One back too!

RDM as his assistant wouldn't be the worst thing in the world would it?

This is essentially my take on it. Basically we have to respect the 'office', not the person occupying it. If the person in the office is doing a decent job then the club benefits and I see no reason to want us to do badly. It's not going to turn the clock back and undo what's happened.

Some people need to accept one thing. RAFA BENITEZ IS THE INTERIM CHELSEA COACH.

Now we could shout and scream and burn effigies and it might get rid of him, but he will still have been our coach. It'll be in the records, on Wikipedia and in pub quizzes for eternity.

So now we can only affect how we react to that. Booing him won't help the team. I don't want young players like Oscar and Hazard to be in that type of atmosphere. It's unfair on them and it won't make them play better. That doesn't mean we all of a sudden love Rafa or even like him. Robbie will get a hell of a lot of love from the fans and he deserves it because by every measure he's a Chelsea legend and he'll be welcomed back for decades to come when this is all just a bad memory.

Well don't tell me to respect the guy then. I won't boo him, I shall not joining in singing anti Benitez songs (well for a while but trust me its going to happen). But I won't cheer him.

Seriously can you not see the shit storm that is coming our way off the back of this.

No where did i tell you that you had to respect him... And there is always a shit storm around us, and there is nothing we can do about it as that is the way the media has always been around us. I doubt anyone will be up there (me included) cheering for benitez, but i will fully support the team no matter what.

This is essentially my take on it. Basically we have to respect the 'office', not the person occupying it. If the person in the office is doing a decent job then the club benefits and I see no reason to want us to do badly. It's not going to turn the clock back and undo what's happened.

Some people need to accept one thing. RAFA BENITEZ IS THE INTERIM CHELSEA COACH.

Now we could shout and scream and burn effigies and it might get rid of him, but he will still have been our coach. It'll be in the records, on Wikipedia and in pub quizzes for eternity.

So now we can only affect how we react to that. Booing him won't help the team. I don't want young players like Oscar and Hazard to be in that type of atmosphere. It's unfair on them and it won't make them play better. That doesn't mean we all of a sudden love Rafa or even like him. Robbie will get a hell of a lot of love from the fans and he deserves it because by every measure he's a Chelsea legend and he'll be welcomed back for decades to come when this is all just a bad memory.

1000% agree with this. The effects it could have on the players is by far the most important thing. And we as fans should ensure we don't have a negative effect on the players...

16th minute: ONE DI MATTEO, THERE'S ONLY ONE DI MATTEO!

Rest of the match: FUCK OFF BENITEZ, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE!

And what will that achieve?

It'll create a shit atmosphere for our players, some of whom are young and need our support.

it would be great for Man City.

It won't change Roman's mind, it won't change the fact that Benitez is our manager and it won't change the fact that he's gone in the Summer.

Look, I get that we're angry but that isn't going to change if we create a shitty atmosphere for OUR players.

On Monday morning Benitez will still be manager. Personally I'd rather that rather shitty reality was accompanied by three points.

I completely agree with the sentiment of the your post; I mean I hate the fat waiter as much as the next Chelsea fan. But what would banners and showing public discontent possibly achieve? It would only add pressure and negative vibes to the team not to mention countless article in the papers that would create even more pressure on the team.

Rafa is only here till the end of the season and I will not wish he gets sacked before that, because it would mean that the team is performing so bad that a top 4 finish is at risk. The fact is, our rivalry aside, Rafa can be a good manage; you don't achieve what he has without being good. I can't think of a single manager with a better CV who would accept a 6 months deal.

Sure the situation is ideal, but the fans' utmost support is needed if we are to get this with the least damage. Look at like taking a shot every week, you feel a little pain, you wince a bit, but you just get on with it because you know that there is nothing you can do and it will be over soon enough.

I see your point, unfortunatly I cannot agree with you. You're intitled to think so. Though I won't calm down and I am going to stick to my stance. I don't want this bastard here ; I won't give him any support nor any respect.

This dude abused our fanbase some years ago, he made nasty comments directed to us. This bastard said bad things about Didier Drogba, yes, one of the greatest Chelsea players of all time, the man who symbolizes our Champions League success, the man who is in our hearts. After what happened between him and Mourinho, this cunt will sit where José was sitting ; unbearable. After leaving Liverpool, he said that there was only one club in England for him, and that was Liverpool ; he even said that he wouldn't go to any other club, if I recall correctly. After all what happened, he dares to take over the manager job here ? Unbelievable. And we're supposed to accept this decision, to be obedient, to fake a smile and to act as if nothing happened ?

I am not going to swallow my pride. Actually, no Chelsea fan should do it ; if one thinks he has been let down, he has to claim it.

And yes, to show in public our discontent and protesting won't change things ; I am well aware of it. Benitez will still be our manager, and it's not like Roman will start to listen to us. Do governments have listened to their population when they started the war against Irak ? No. Do governments listen to their population concerning what happens in Gaza ? No. Then, all these people going on strike was useless ? It might be, since it doesn't have real affects, however it is necessary. We have a voice. We have an opinion. Chelsea doesn't belong solely to Roman. Yes, the majority of the money come from him, but we also take a part in the club life. Without us it means nothing.

Therefore, if we feel screwed over, we should tell whoever harm us that we do not accept it.

And yes, acting this way might ad pressure on the coach and players, and as a consequence penalise us. Although, right now the board screw us over. The board has chosen to hire someone that all of us didn't want ; they have chosen to hire someone who disrespected our club and us fans. Yesterday the board send us a clear message : they don't give a flying fuck about us or what we think, they told us that to their eyes we were just milk cows and puppet to fill up the Bridge. In my honest opinion, they have stolen our pride, they have stolen our dignity. What are we without with these two things ? Nothing. We are losing our identity.

In all honestly, I couldn't care less whether he succeeds or fails here, even if this means that the club is also failing. It will serve them right. That's what we call Karma. Into my honest opinion, we don't deserve to have a good season after this event. I'd rather us to finish six in the league and do it with the head up, than to win trophies and to sell our souls. Anyway, any win with him won't be enjoyable, it will taste so bitter.

And honestly, I don't give a flying fuck about his C.V. or whether he is the best option or not. He could even be Iesous of Nazareth, the jews king, I still wouldn't give a flying fuck, because this is so wrong. Morally and ethically this is totally wrong. As I said above, I'd rather have a nobody and my dignity than to with this bastard and win things.

Look at like taking a shot every week, you feel a little pain, you wince a bit, but you just get on with it because you know that there is nothing you can do and it will be over soon enough.

Exactly. After each and every bad result, I feel a little pain. But this is bearable (some times you win, some times you lose). But that ? It isn't acceptable. Without my dignity, even a win is unbearable.

I know I am being extremist here, but sometimes you just can not leave things be. The board hit us where it hurts, this is the last straw the break the camel back. Now we gotta react. The club might lose games because of this, but sometimes you have to lose or forsake something to get out of a bad pacth ; the board is actually on the wrong road, we should let them know. It might backfire us in the short term, but if you don't act now, the long term will be worst than now.

Finally, don't get me wrong, I am not trying to convince every fans to go berserk and put fire to the place. No. If you feel like supporting Benitez, then do it if you believe this is the right thing to do. I am only saying that, if there's people out there that are feeling harmed and disrespected, then they should claim it loud in public, they shouldn't shut up. We are seemingly a lot in this situation ; we should make sure the board sees our disagreement.

My final words : the sooner he's out the better. I