Chelsea v Man City

Jase

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-2-3-1 in attack, 4-4-1-1 in defense.

At Valencia & Liverfool he played 4-2-3-1 set up more defensive than what we have been playing, could see Luiz playing along side Ramires, & Moses come in for Oscar.

Cech

Cesar - Ivan - Cahill - Cole

Ramires - Luiz

Moses - Mata - Hazard

Torres

2 - 1 Chelsea Mata & Torres.

At Valencia & Liverfool he played 4-2-3-1 set up more defensive than what we have been playing, could see Luiz playing along side Ramires, & Moses come in for Oscar.

Cech

Cesar - Ivan - Cahill - Cole

Ramires - Luiz

Moses - Mata - Hazard

Torres

2 - 1 Chelsea Mata & Torres.

Thats hardly more defensive tbh. Moses in for oscar means we have a different kind of threat and someone for cech to kick balls up to, and luiz holding doesn't really make us more defensive as if you give him more license he will for sure take it.

IMO, it would be madness to take out mikel who has performed solidly for us in there for ages to replace him with a defender who (to put it lightly) has struggles with his defensive responsibilities at times.

Rafa loves to play 4-4-1-1 in liverpool last time...Most likely we will not see hazard and mata to be playing so often in a same game...mata most likely to play behind torres.

Can not recall him having played it, certain it was not played often, he prefered 4-2-3-1

Thats hardly more defensive tbh. Moses in for oscar means we have a different kind of threat and someone for cech to kick balls up to, and luiz holding doesn't really make us more defensive as if you give him more license he will for sure take it.

IMO, it would be madness to take out mikel who has performed solidly for us in there for ages to replace him with a defender who (to put it lightly) has struggles with his defensive responsibilities at times.

You realize Moses is shorter than Oscar right? He's like 5 ft 10.

Luiz will hold, he will not have licence to roam, he has good distribution which will hopefully used to good effect, agree about Mikel, just feel he will be bench, in light of his future apperance with the FA.

I don't think Luiz doing massive long balls and surging runs was something he did off his own back; I think it was something RDM wanted him to do.

As we don't have a ball playing holding player, RDM was moving some of that onto Luiz. He never does that for Brazil.

Rafa did play 4-4-1-1 because he always played Gerrard behind Torres which worked so well and was why Robbie Keane never got a game. It's basically a 4-5-1 really and i do believe we have the players to play it. He was always so hesitant to play 2 up top so expect something pretty similar to what we've been using anyway.

Rafa did play 4-4-1-1 because he always played Gerrard behind Torres which worked so well and was why Robbie Keane never got a game. It's basically a 4-5-1 really and i do believe we have the players to play it. He was always so hesitant to play 2 up top so expect something pretty similar to what we've been using anyway.

What's the difference between 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1? I understand in 4-4-1-1 wingers play deeper? Who do we have to play deeper? There are no Beckhams anymore. No matter what numbers we use to describe the formation it won't make a difference if we continue using 2 deep midfielders, it will be the same shape. I'm more interested to see what roles players will be given, i.e will our front 3 be more restricted etc. I hope he will make use of our potential width hazard (ZING!) more than we've been doing so up until now.