Chelsea v Man City

Jase

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Brom winning 2-0 at Sunderland. We're down to 4th now..

Painful to see after the start we had.

From 4 points ahead on top of the league to 4th. United will thrash QPR and I think we'll lose a close one to City, so not only will they be pulling away from us, but Arsenal are heating up and have an easy fixture to go only 2 points behind us.

We really need a win tomorrow to stop this free fall. We need to get a winning streak going.

Rafa loves to play 4-4-1-1 in liverpool last time...Most likely we will not see hazard and mata to be playing so often in a same game...mata most likely to play behind torres.

torres

mata

marin/hazard - ramires - mikel - moses

a. cole - terry/cahill - ivanovic - cesar

i feel that luiz will be dropped... just like how agger was being 'ignored' under rafa

Rafa loves to play 4-4-1-1 in liverpool last time...Most likely we will not see hazard and mata to be playing so often in a same game...mata most likely to play behind torres.

torres

mata

marin/hazard - ramires - mikel - moses

a. cole - terry/cahill - ivanovic - cesar

i feel that luiz will be dropped... just like how agger was being 'ignored' under rafa

Just becuause he played 4-4-1-1 doesn't mean in the slightest that is what we will play.

I have to ask, and there will be a follow-up question aswell; what do you think of Cahill?

Cahill has better decision making, when to go to intercept/tackle, when to stay etc. Luiz beats him at distributing the ball out from the back though but if Luiz could sort himself out and not make mistakes he'd be a great CB. Both aren't our best CBs anyway. Ivanovic imo is our best one.

I don't think Oscar has the discipline to play in the pivot under Rafa he is way too attacking imo. Rafa Liverpool side, Mascherano and Alonso were very disciplined in keeping their shape deep in midfield to protect the back four and allow the fullbacks to go forward. For me i don't think Oscar has the qualities to play in the pivot yet, especially in one which requires a lot of tactical discipline. I maybe wrong though.

Lampard is interesting choice, i think with his intelligence and experience is a capable option.

Btw this is a good article http://www.independe...eo-3302130.html

I find the assessment from the Journalist very interesting, which i think is accurate much more then general media which paints that "RDM was fired due to Torres benching, Rafa hired to get the best out of Torres." I do think RDM was fired due to not creating a unique attacking system, which i think is going to be Rafa biggest challenge along with results.

So i do wonder if we can play good attacking football with Ramires as a forward? i personally don't.

Yeah I have to agree with you on Oscar. Wishful thinking on my part.

After his appointment I immediately thought about Roman (and the board) wanting a attacking Chelsea side then why Benitez? His Liverpool team wasn't attacking and from I've read, the same goes for his Valencia team. He's not that type of manager, he's about results. So either right now it's all about the results or those plans have been ditched. Or maybe the people in charge aren't making sense (again).

About Ramires, I don't know. Klopp makes it work with Grosskreutz, who's also the unconventional hard-working type, but then again, a more natural wide player than Ramires.

Crossing my fingers for a disaster-free game.

You'd have Luiz as a DM? I'd have him as club mascot at most. Hes fucking shit. Unsure how hes got so bad, he was decent under Carlo..

He did blow it in the end.

Luiz.gif

Never gets old.