Chelsea v Man City

Jase

You realize Moses is shorter than Oscar right? He's like 5 ft 10.

Yes I know and tbh that's like apples and oranges. Height isn't everything. For one thing moses is a lot stronger and has a great leap. I. E. When Cech was lobbing long balls up to hazard last week the West Brom defenders were easily out muscling him and cheating it down. That wouldn't happen with moses.

For example Tim cahill is also 5 ft 10 and he is a beast in the air.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luiz will hold, he will not have licence to roam, he has good distribution which will hopefully used to good effect, agree about Mikel, just feel he will be bench, in light of his future apperance with the FA.

Yeah i accept that for sure it is an option and with defenders behind his style would be perhaps more suited to it, though it's not like he suddenly becomes an amazing holding player (he could) but these things take time. Also he doesn't (shouldn't) have a license to roam at cb but he still does.

Though perhaps with the Spanish connection we will se. More of Romeu in there. Especially as we will need him in when the African cup of nations is here.

Rafa did play 4-4-1-1 because he always played Gerrard behind Torres which worked so well and was why Robbie Keane never got a game. It's basically a 4-5-1 really and i do believe we have the players to play it. He was always so hesitant to play 2 up top so expect something pretty similar to what we've been using anyway.

I think our squad dictates the types of formations he can use anyway, the number of AM's and extreme shortage of strikers mean it has to be a packed midfield with one up top. I am sure we are all expecting that man to be torres.

It will be interesting how he sets it up though and whether he decides to keep our trio which can be at times a bit narrow or decide to add more width with the likes of moses and marin. Due to our heavy schedule we will probably see both but I think the changes we see may be more in terms of personnel and general tactics than the actual formation..

Time will tell though.

What we needed this week was for Terry, Lampard or even Mata to go public pleading with the fans not to protest against Benitez. Doubt it would have stopped every one but im sure would have significantly reduced the numbers.

I hope Moses plays a significant amount of minutes in this game, i really like how he tries to get to the by-line and get the ball into the box, we need more players doing that.

And It's a shame Sturridge is not fit, hopefully Torres at least tries because of Rafa...

What I would like to see tomorrow and from Rafa as a whole is some managerial balls. AVB uncompromisingly tried attractive football and lost, RDM wen't back to basics (won) and then tried attractive football (with a similar amount of stubbornness, and lost); I want to see Rafa insert a style that is new and flexible, and not just the same damn cycle our managerial trend has encouraged.

With that being said, I'm not really sure why all the pundits are expecting a big win from us, I just can't really see us toppling City's league form in this context. Love to be proven wrong...

Yes I know and tbh that's like apples and oranges. Height isn't everything. For one thing moses is a lot stronger and has a great leap. I. E. When Cech was lobbing long balls up to hazard last week the West Brom defenders were easily out muscling him and cheating it down. That wouldn't happen with moses.

For example Tim cahill is also 5 ft 10 and he is a beast in the air.

Don't agree with the great leap part tbh. His goal against Shakhtar was great but he didn't get off the ground much.

Tim Cahill was a excellent header but he didn't exactly dominate in the air. You couldn't play long balls to him knowing he'd win most aerial duels. Falcao is the same currently.

Long balls are pretty much useless in this team imo.

We will play 4-2-3-1 just a bit differently. Rafa likes his teams to control the space in between the midfield and defense, staying compact then basically countering the opposition. Reckon we'll start with a 4-2-3-1 but when we defend it will be a 4-4-1-1 with two banks of four protecting and then a 4-2-3-1 when attacking with the fullbacks a bit further up.

Don't expect 3 floating 10's, I honestly think Oscar could be in the pivot as a deep lying playmaker next to Rami or Mikel who will be our aggressive ball winner (suits Rami more due to the fact hes clearly more mobile than Mikel but it would be odd if Mikel didn't play been good for us this season). Then in the three from right to left Moses - Mata - Hazard with Torres up top. Could work, might not though, we'll see tomorrow.

Don't expect 3 floating 10's, I honestly think Oscar could be in the pivot as a deep lying playmaker next to Rami or Mikel who will be our aggressive ball winner (suits Rami more due to the fact hes clearly more mobile than Mikel but it would be odd if Mikel didn't play been good for us this season). Then in the three from right to left Moses - Mata - Hazard with Torres up top. Could work, might not though, we'll see tomorrow.

I've thought that about Oscar for a while now. The thing people seem to ignore about him is his workrate and aggression. He can do a job defensively - in the first game against Juve he man-marked Pirlo like he was Keown. He fights to win the ball too and isn't afraid of getting stuck in.

I have a feeling that oscar will be moved to the pivot. RB likes long balls from midfield, and the only person right now is oscar. So since ramires is a better aggressive tackler than mikel, mikel will drop to the bench. How I wish mikel was a better foward passer of the ball but just shielding the back isn't enough when we need goals these days. Anderson against qpr is a perfect example of what's needed to win matches in a tougher premier league.

my favourite encounter between the teams in recent years. City just had signed Robinho who scored early, just for Carvalho to equalise. Lampard and Deco ruled the midfield with Lamps scoring an exceptional goal to give us the lead. Carvalho also was an absolute boss that game, esp after Terry got sent off.

Match day at long last! Finally the pointless discussion can stop and the players will hopefully make up for all this weeks frustrations on the field. Time for everyone to shut up and let the football do the talking.

Come On You BLUES! :cfc: