Shakhtar Donetsk v Chelsea

Jase

A few people want sturridge to b our no.9 but I think RDM prefers Torres as a starter bcoz he offers height to our team both in attacking and defending set pieces and I also agree with RDM

Sturridge and Torres are virtually the same height. He prefers Torres because Torres offers more with his workrate and creativity.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone would accept a draw, before the game have even started, it's them not us.

About the Sturridge-Torres thing, I'm now curious how would he perform as a CF with the bad boys behind him. However, realistically we will see that in the second game against ManU tbh.

I don't think RDM will make any serious changes though, if he decides someone needs a rest, he'll just sub hum. Let's just hope, we get back to London injury-free and with 3 points in the bag.

Sturridge and Torres are virtually the same height. He prefers Torres because Torres offers more with his workrate and creativity.

A height difference is not virtual on the football field. Torres is taller and has a better leap in addition to his work rate and what not.

Titus bramble? no. Yaya toure, fellani, witsel, etc more like it,

Just because its "fashionable" at the minute for all your players to be small and creative dosent mean a bigger player cant do the same job.Ridiculous.

I also never said just because he's small he's no good, i said having too many small players on the field at once isnt good, so dont put words in my mouth dear.

Ashley cole is a player unto his own he is an athlete and is far too strong for his size, its what made him so amazing as a player,

Something marin and mata dont have in strength btw, but its ok IF you have the physical side in your locker.

Also, oscar isnt intimidating on the field, regardless of how he plays, its a physical thing, you dont see anyone pulling out a tackle with him like you would see with say, Ivan. I think you've missed the point.

Theirs hardly much point arguing with you tho, since you have oscar in your name and profile pic, obviously your opinion will be fairly bias.....

You would also fucking swear passing didnt exist before barca's tiki taka, seems people think if you dont have a team of creative tiny players the ball never touches the fucking ground....what a joke.

Tbh all your points are pointless since we are doing very well with oscar and his cohorts for cfc. Just Enjoy watching them even our rivals are pleased to watch them.

If someone would accept a draw, before the game have even started, it's them not us.

About the Sturridge-Torres thing, I'm now curious how would he perform as a CF with the bad boys behind him. However, realistically we will see that in the second game against ManU tbh.

I don't think RDM will make any serious changes though, if he decides someone needs a rest, he'll just sub hum. Let's just hope, we get back to London injury-free and with 3 points in the bag.

A height difference is not virtual on the football field. Torres is taller and has a better leap in addition to his work rate and what not.

Another thing that El Nino does is pass the ball. Not only does he makes passes, but freakin' great passes. Look again @ the 3 point lane match. There were some unbelievable passes coming from El Nino. Ok he doesn't score all the time, but the 3rd goal was due to his positioning. Look @ Mata's run. There was gaping hole in the spudz defense, due for their respect of El Nino. Not sure if Danny Boy Stud demands that type of respect yet.

Another thing that El Nino does is pass the ball. Not only does he makes passes, but freakin' great passes. Look again @ the 3 point lane match. There were some unbelievable passes coming from El Nino. Ok he doesn't score all the time, but the 3rd goal was due to his positioning. Look @ Mata's run. There was gaping hole in the spudz defense, due for their respect of El Nino. Not sure if Danny Boy Stud demands that type of respect yet.

it is has become a myth that "sturridge does not pass the ball". he does it and moreover he does not lose as many balls as nando does. as far as respect is concerned, u can gain that only if u play and score goals and get a name for urself. sturridge has not got any chance this season because of nando and his injury.

sturridge deserves a fair chance with those 3 behind him for 90 minutes. he will murder the goalie. look at sturridge's movement for the 4th goal and compare it with nando. if sturridge was not on the pitch then mata would definitely have to go for goal. and that is the kind of difference sturridge can make. atm torres's striker instincts have taken a hit for some reason and sturridge can give us the extra dimension because atm it seems we are playin with a false nine.

look at sturridge's movement for the 4th goal and compare it with nando. if sturridge was not on the pitch then mata would definitely have to go for goal.

So I took your advice & you know what? That play started w/ a Torres pass from the back to Mata making a run up the right flank. Mata passes over to Ramires, who does a rebona, but Walker intercepts. You already know the rest. So again, you prove my point. Torres was in the back so Danny Boy makes the run up top. Again, look at the third goal. Two players cover Torres for a reason. I am not so sure that they would cover Danny Boy the same way. I think a winning a Gold Boot in the last Euro helps Torres demand respect. Bro, I have no reason to argue w/ you. It's my opinion & you have you're own. I rather just cheer together for Chelsea. Hope we get all 3 points tonight, but truth be told, the match vs manure is the one we all want.

Mixed feelings about this fixture. Just have a feeling that it's not going to be as easy as many of you expect. I'd field near strongest line up, to put us in a comfortable position in the group, and then take off key players if we are leading by halftime.

Have a feeling it's like the game in Monaco, but hoping I'm wrong.

Going for 3-1 Chels, but will certainly not be a cruise.

shakhtar have good players,include willian who we will make a summer bid for him [goal.com]

But I think that we will win this game...

We won our last 5 games...so we are in a good form and i think that we can keep it

Viva chelsea