Shakhtar Donetsk v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar(marin) and possibly ramires(lampard) and luiz(ivanovic) should be given a rest for the manu game. Dave should play right back with iva moving to partner cahill in the centre of defense. Sturridge should start in place torres who could come on if things are not going as planned.

Cech

Dave-Iva-cahill-cole

Mikel-lamps

Mata-Marin-Hazard/Moses

Sturridge/Torres

Looking at other leagues, I really believe we have a decent opportunity to become back-to-back Champions!

RM and Barca dont look as sharp and dangerous, Juve has quality but we are better, Bayern players crack in big matches and we can win against any english team.

That said, it does not mean much. I did not believe we had a chance last year and look what happended (I would not change anything).

Shak 0-1 Chelsea

Shakhtar haven't been defeated since November 2011 if I'm not incorrect. They've been on a 25 game winning streak, having won 12 out of 12 games in the league this year.

This game won't be easy at all, I'll be delighted if we come through with 3 points.

Ramires - Mikel for me

Lampard would get exposed & found out in a tough game like this

? Lampard was playing big tough games before rami was even on a adult team.

Some of the treatment of the older experienced legends around here is disgusting,

No wonder teams like arsenal win fuck all and are left with no leadership or experience with this kind of attitude flying around.

I think azpi,terry,moses and studge should start(with an eye on the game against manu).I certainly would not mind a draw with them.

We should play our best team available and not worry about the Manu game. It is 5 days after the Shakhtar game, enough rest off period for the players. Ivanovic will and should start. We have to go in the intention of ignoring the Manu game because for now this is our most important one. Get this game out the way then we worry about Manu but this isnt an easy game so I am sure RDM will play his team who he feels is best suited for the game. The only change I many expect is Terry in for Cahill/Luiz and the rest of the team to be the smae as the one who beat Spurs

We should play our best team available and not worry about the Manu game. It is 5 days after the Shakhtar game, enough rest off period for the players. Ivanovic will and should start. We have to go in the intention of ignoring the Manu game because for now this is our most important one. Get this game out the way then we worry about Manu but this isnt an easy game so I am sure RDM will play his team who he feels is best suited for the game. The only change I many expect is Terry in for Cahill/Luiz and the rest of the team to be the smae as the one who beat Spurs

It'd be 3 games in 8 days. That's how you exhaust players. No team in the world sticks with the exact same starting XI every game that matters. It's just not possible.

cech

azpilicueta ---- cahill ---- terry ---- bertrand

romeu - lampard

marin -- piazon -- moses

sturridge

Underestimate Shakhtar much? No doubt the second toughest match in the group after Juventus away and they're not to be taken lightly. Obviously some players should be rested because after this game we face United twice within a week but you're taking it way too far with that lineup.

Cech

Azpilicueta - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Sturridge

That would be my starting eleven. Mata and Hazard off early if the game is over and they're not needed anymore so they could rest as much as possible before United and also Moses and / or Marin could get some minutes.

Does our team really weakns that much with players like Azpi, Stu, Terry, Lampard, and Moses?

ex lineup:

Cech

Azpi Cahill Terry Cole

Mikel Lampard

Moses Mata Hazard

Sturridge

If we post that lineup i feel equally confident picking up 3 points.