Shakhtar Donetsk v Chelsea

Jase

Chelsea FC @chelseafc

Juan Mata says tomorrow's game is going to be a fight for the ball as Shakhtar always have a lot of possession. #CFC

Chelsea FC @chelseafc

Mata says Roberto Di Matteo connects very well with team in every meeting and is able to get into the mind of every player. #CFC

Mata says tomorrow Chelsea will play for the win, and trying for six points in two games v Shakhtar is important for qualification. #CFC

Chelsea FC @chelseafc

RDM: 'I remember very well how Lucescu's team played in Italy. He likes to play quick, possession football, which Shakhtar do now.' #CFC

Chelsea FC @chelseafc

RDM: 'We have no new injuries from the weekend game.' #CFC

Chelsea FC @chelseafc

RDM on Willian, the Shakhtar playmaker: 'I was not involved so don't know if there was any interest from #CFC or not. He is fantastic.'

Chelsea FC @chelseafc

RDM: 'I'm just happy to be leading this group and working with these players. I have #CFC in my heart.'

Chelsea FC @chelseafc

RDM adds that he hopes the good form and impressive football will carry on for a long time. #CFC

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well obviously. Drogba is 5x the striker Torres is. If we had Falcao, Torres will be on the bench etc.

But we don't, we only have Torres, and that's why he plays. And until now, he's been doing pretty well, so he shouldn't still be getting so much stick.

That's exacly my point: He's playing because we have no-one else. However, we've always had Danny and he hasnt been given a chance because of Torres. And not because Torres deserves the spot more than Danny does, or that he's so good that Danny cant compete with him, but becasue his name is Torres and we bought him for 50m.

That's exacly my point: He's playing because we have no-one else. However, we've always had Danny and he hasnt been given a chance because of Torres. And not because Torres deserves the spot more than Danny does, or that he's so good that Danny cant compete with him, but becasue his name is Torres and we bought him for 50m.

He hasn't been given a chance because he's been injured. Torres as of right now is the starter, but Sturridge will get his chances - and he would have if he wasn't injured.

He hasn't been given a chance because he's been injured. Torres as of right now is the starter, but Sturridge will get his chances - and he would have if he wasn't injured.

He hasn't been injured for a whole season. He's been injured only for a few matches.

The point is that Torres has been given first team spot even tho he did not deserve it.

I would love to see danny start this, give him a chance and give torres a rest as he has played every game and will no doubt start vs united.

Super frankie, and JT should both play as well, and i would probably bench luiz to give him a rest as he will probs start at the weekend aswell though it doesn't matter that much either way. Bertrand i think is worth a go. Also maybe rest either mata or hazard and start moses.

So:

Cech

Ivan Cahill/luiz TERRY Bertrand

Mikel Lampard

Moses Oscar Mata/Hazard

Sturridge

But RDM knows best and we are unbeaten this year, so i am very happy whoever he picks.

Yes we're on a great run - but Shakhtar are on an equally as good run.

A draw is a great result. A win would be incredible.

I'd happily take a point from this game. 4 points from six is the minimum against this side if we want to progress.

I don´t think that we can rest Hazard or even Mata,because that game is too important for us.Maybe we can rest some of the players,when we play againt Man United in the League Cup,but not in the Champions League.We are not allowed to drop these important points,if we consider that we also have to play against Juventus in Italy.Maybe Terry can get a chance and I also think that Sturridge should start,because he is a real " striker" with a perfect movement in the box and Torres isn´t.

He hasn't been injured for a whole season. He's been injured only for a few matches.

The point is that Torres has been given first team spot even tho he did not deserve it.

He was injured during a period where we had games every 3 days, surely he would have started a couple then had he been fit. That was the point i was trying to make.

I know everyone is saying that we should start Sturridge instead of Torres, but I think he should start instead of one of the three maestros. We played a very tough game on Saturday and have one of the toughest game next weekend we need to rest our key players, and let's face it, Torres is not one of them.

http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/8187833/

Mircea Lucescu hopes Chelsea will realise they made a 'big mistake' in not meeting Shakhtar Donetsk's asking price for Willian when the two clubs clash in the UEFA Champions League.

Willian has been a long-term target for Chelsea, with the Brazilian reportedly the subject of a failed £16.7million bid in January and a £27million offer in the summer.

Shakhtar coach Lucescu was prepared to let the playmaker move to Stamford Bridge, but has accused the European champions of failing to appreciate his 'true value'.

"Willian was far away from Chelsea," said Lucescu, whose Shakhtar side entertain Chelsea on Tuesday evening.

"They didn't even get anywhere near to our requirements, having done nothing to make my promises to Willian come true.

"Speaking specifically about the amounts, they officially offered the sum for which we had bought him young.

"I would really like them to highly appreciate his true value and realise that they made a big mistake."

Lucescu also confirmed Chelsea had been interested in defender Darijo Srna while Carlo Ancelotti was in charge at Stamford Bridge.

He said: "Several years ago, I had a conversation with Ancelotti, and he was interested in Srna.

"My wish is that, after Tuesday's match, Chelsea get interested in all of our players."