Spurs vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure where you got those assist numbers. Hazard has 4 assists, not 6 and Cazorla has 2 assists, not 3.

Premier League official site says that Eden has 7 assists

and Cazorla has 3 http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.statistics.html/santi-cazorla

We should definitely play to our own strengths. Simply tell Ash and Brana to keep it old-school and mainly focus on defending as we can't allow Bale and Lennon too much space. With Ramires next to Mikel, he'll be key in dealing with their counter-attacks. Defoe's record against big teams is awful so that's already a positive. David Luiz can handle him.

Their defence (both individually and in terms of organisation) isn't great so we can definitely hurt them through the middle. If AVB opts for the high line even better, Torres will like that. The same goes for Juan.

And just like against Norwich, Mata and Hazard will simply need to switch it up and also occupy wide positions. If we struggle, we have Sturridge, Moses (think you can add Marin to that) who can change the team.

It's time for a win at White Hart Lane, think it's been a while.

Not sure where you got those assist numbers. Hazard has 4 assists, not 6 and Cazorla has 2 assists, not 3.

I think it depends where you get it as some places count winning penalties as assists and some do not. For example in the fantasy premier league dream team that counts as an assist. On other websites it doesn't etc.

Yes, I am sure winning a converted penalty is counted as an assist. Rightly so IMO, they created a goalscoring chance so must be counted as an assist.

I disagree with it because things get too muddled. Is getting fouled and then your team scores on the ensuing free kick from an assist? Is winning a corner that leads to a goal an assist? For me, an assist is a deliberate pass that leads directly to a goal. Penalties won is obviously incredibly important and should just be its own category.

When AVB was shipped out I hoped he would find a new club and go on to do well. Proving that had we of stuck by him, and given him the long term opportunity he was promised, we could of done great.

Obviously since then, things have worked out quite well for us. But unfortunately, AVB decided to go the Spurs...

Now I absolutely can't have him. So this is a must win. I honestly think we'll do it too.

:blue scalf:

I disagree with it because things get too muddled. Is getting fouled and then your team scores on the ensuing free kick from an assist? Is winning a corner that leads to a goal an assist? For me, an assist is a deliberate pass that leads directly to a goal. Penalties won is obviously incredibly important and should just be its own category.

1. Yes.

2. Ofcourse it's not. You must pass from corner if you want to score. i don't know how could you say a penalty and a corner is the same thing.

1. Yes.

2. Ofcourse it's not. You must pass from corner if you want to score. i don't know how could you say a penalty and a corner is the same thing.

Because you're winning an opportunity to get a set piece. How is a corner different from a free kick? And the free kick thing is very problematic. If you get fouled and then the set piece is a beautiful pass that gets headed in, you no longer get the assist but if the set piece results directly in a goal, you do even though you actually did nothing different. It just gets ridiculous.