Spurs vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

We really need to study the 2nd half of MU vs spuds because for me Spuds is just an average team without their sprinter athletes. MU absolutely dominating them in the 2nd half, AVB even need to sub out Dembele due to fatigue. So the key here is pressure, and i don't think we can provide that with Lampard in the line up. Torres, Oscar & Ramires is a must starter.

Tbh despite the hatred to Spurs there is a lot more than just their sprinter athletes. They have 2 fullbacks who provide an attacking threat, even with Vertonghen there yes. Also despite Dembele struggling with fatigue later on he controlled the game and has settled in brilliantly. They also have Defoe who on his day can strike fear into anyone's defence and also can play with Adebayor or put him on later on to change the game. Dempsey who will play in the attacking mid role has quite a good goalscoring record against us as well. I reckon they are improving, by no means average and I find this game a bit more daunting than the Arsenal one and tbh I think they deserved their victory against MU.

We havent beaten them at the Lane for a few seasons now and barring any last minute goals from them or so, I would quite happily take a point down there.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh despite the hatred to Spurs there is a lot more than just their sprinter athletes. They have 2 fullbacks who provide an attacking threat, even with Vertonghen there yes. Also despite Dembele struggling with fatigue later on he controlled the game and has settled in brilliantly. They also have Defoe who on his day can strike fear into anyone's defence and also can play with Adebayor or put him on later on to change the game. Dempsey who will play in the attacking mid role has quite a good goalscoring record against us as well. I reckon they are improving, by no means average and I find this game a bit more daunting than the Arsenal one and tbh I think they deserved their victory against MU.

We havent beaten them at the Lane for a few seasons now and barring any last minute goals from them or so, I would quite happily take a point down there.

No offense, this looks exactly like the type of posts people were typing up before the Le Arse game. Talking up the opposition a lot and playing down any chance of a win for us. Its getting old. (Not directly aimed at you CFC Lucas, even though I quoted you).

Well i bet you lead a happy life with your "positive" choice of words there , so why don't you just not bother commenting on my posts cause i will be ignoring your comments anyway .

not fighting my fellow fan so if i use wrong words that get u offended pls am sorry, keep the positive info rolling

No offense, this looks exactly like the type of posts people were typing up before the Le Arse game. Talking up the opposition a lot and playing down any chance of a win for us. Its getting old. (Not directly aimed at you CFC Lucas, even though I quoted you).

Hmm I understand you. I definitely think we have a chance of beating Tottenham but I disagree that they are only a one dimensional team of speedy players. We can't underestimate them like that but now with the players at our disposal we look much more threatening for any team home or away as shown with Arsenal and the amount of goals we have scored so far this season.

I see alot of hate for AVB and mixed opinions about results. I know AVB messed up bad, he treated our players like crap, but i hold nothing against him, hes still very young and hes allowed to make mistakes. But yeah I do agree, i dont want to see his celebrations. I think we can overcome this challenge like against arsenal.

So... why exactly you are all hating AVB now? because i remember pretty good that almost all of us went crazy when he got sacked.

Is it because he went to Spurs? thats kind a childish. He only been here for 7-8 months, and its a good job for him.

Or is it because he benched Lampard? again, i remember 90% of the forum agreeing with this move and seeing it as a 'brave' move back then. ahmhypocritesahm.

Well personally, i wanted him out by the time i watched our first ten games, his interviews killed me from inside, with those 3-4 words he used in every sentence "motivation" was one of them. His tactics were random, his man management was ridiculous, and most of all, he was not ready for such a big job, and looked like a deer in headlights.

He is a decent guy, but as a manager, he has too much to learn, No manager can have 2 consecutive bad starts with so many off pitch incidents. Lloris friedel is funny. So is adebayor sitting on the bench.

So AVB , when he signed spoke so highly of adebayor and how important it is for Totenham to complete the signing, dishes out big bucks for him, then doesnt play him at all. Meanwhile, he missed out on Moutinho because they did not want to shell out an extra mill. While this example is not important, he in general went to a club in trouble ( Chelsea) and screwed it up soooooo much worse, that firing him was the only option. He pushed our club into a corner, and forced to fire him as a solution.

Not even half the season had gone , and the guy started talking about the next season and future and all that.

He wasnt good enough for our club at the time, and he deserves every bit of criticism that he gets by chelsea fans.

While the last

I really hope RDM starts with Mata Oscar Hazard, with Ramires Mikel in the pivot. Torres as striker.

Sturridge has simply not had any match practice for him to be starting this one.

Defense starts from the front, and with this lineup, it does. Ramires at the wings, is not good theoretically or practically, except a few moments in a game. In the double pivot he still makes the yaya toure runs, while excelling in his defensive role. Mikel Flourishes with ramires next to him and has even shown glimpses that he has some attacking abilities, and can showcase them if he trusts his partner.

Certainly not a game for Lampard. (in my view)

Cahill Luiz have pace, but JT has passion. But bale will win every time when running at Terry..... so food for thought...

But for me, no emotions here, same team as against arsenal at the emirates and we will win the match...... and in style too.

If we play with that defensive line-up this game ( bertrand/ramires in wings), it will be a MASSIVE step back for the club.

Oscar defends from the front, and hazard too to some extent. Torres too does his fair share of steals and pressuring at important times. Then after this FWd defense, if you have Ramires and Mikel, then our actual defenders will really have the best chance of keeping them from getting close to scoring, while every time the ball reaches any of our Trio's feet....Magic will happen.

We've got this, and i hope we dont gift it away by playing defensively. We can beat them at good football, we have a better game than them now, more attractive, more incisive.

I am confident RDM will pick the same arsenal lineup. He must.

Football observation is subjective and can differ from one person to another. And while stats may be there to back up what you said, it doesn't always tell the whole story. Lampard is no longer dynamic, mobile and doesn't have the legs anymore to be playing in such big games, not everyone of them anyway.

Also, this situation now is rather hilarious. Before this, everyone wants RDM to keep Lampard out of the side because he leaves Mikel exposed and now just because we're playing AVB, people are being sentimental more than anything else and want Lampard to start. :doh:

First part you are right! Although you probably did not get my argument, I said all these things because in the previous post he said only the lineup he gave would win, nothing else...

2nd part I agree I also, I said he was old already. I did not ask him on double pivot. I want him with Hazard and Mata. Mata is controlling the game and Hazard will provide enough width, Lamps will not have posetion all the time. I am not playng sentimental, when a player has that much willnesss to play, I think this should be put in consderation.

Lol what? Defoe is shit.

The reason we haven't beaten them for quite some time at WHL is because we're in a bad form each time we met them there. I did watch them couple of time this season and believe me Arsenal & Liverpool played much better football. I'm not trying to be arrogant with our recent results nor did i underestimate them. But, it's obvious for me that AVB still a clueless manager. The 2nd half against MU shows precisely that.