MOTM?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not so happy.

The 3 points are great, but that's clearly not everything that matters.

We can't keep playing like this. I know Stoke parked the bus, but we will play against this kind of teams most of the season. We need a decent striker, Moses in the starting team and more ideas when we attack.

Playing like how? we had a lot of the ball, but could not get through their 10 defenders - not complaining about their approach, it worked for us last season lol.

1st half we suffered from being too narrow. But we improved much more in the 2nd half by stretching their defense. Moses was excellent when he came on and gave their fullbacks lots of problems which they never had in the first half.

The only thing that stopped it making look like an incompetent performance by many neutral and opposition fans was that we lacked that final killer instinct. The front four look good but I would like them to make more runs into the box once they pass it and Torres needs to stop being to static and stay in the box, again h kept going too deep or too wide.

The partnership of Mikel and Ramires was very solid. Unlike QPR or Juventus Stoke never had any good periods where they completely dominated us. We had much more possesion and if we can create more chances and have a bigger killer instinct, then I see good things for us.

Unsurprising problems based on the starting XI. We were way to narrow, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, and Torres basically all played in the same spot which made us very easy to defend against. This made us rely on Cole and Ivanovic to give us width. After Moses came on, our spacing was much better.

But even with Width - we have no Aerial threat in the box.

If you mean to create more space in the centre - then sure - I agree :D

I thought the tactics were spot-on, we were unlcuky a few times and on a different day this could have been 3-0 to us...

Stoke never really troubled us and the TEAM is looking much more balanced with this line-up...

Stoke is always a though opponent, therefor I am happy with the result.

Ramires/Mikel is much better than Mikel/Lampard at least. Mata/Hazard/Oscar worked well, though lacks a bit of width.

Torres was again very disappointing.

Unconvincing performance but relieve to get that vital 3 points. Can now sit back and watch Liverpool v Man United and Man City v Arsenal with a peace of mind. At least 2 is gonna drop point. A Liverpool win and a draw at the Etihad would be the best results for us.

Torres looked like he just didn't give a fuck. When he gets the ball now I just EXPECT him to carelessly lose it.

You know it'll be a bad match for him when you start seeing him pop up continuously out wide.

I love him, but my patience has just about worn out.

Yes we struggled a bit but really over the moon with the win! Not playing well yet getting the points...The sign of champions, eh?

Ramires was impressive in the double pivot and I hope he never gets put back in the wing again. He belongs in the middle of the park. I love how he is a ball-getter and harrasser. He does commit some fouls and his passing can be a bit sloppy but overall he is such a good choice alongside Mikel. He needs to start the big games there ahead of Lampard for sure.

Oscar, Mata and Hazard will need more time to develop an understanding. In the 2nd half I thought Hazard and Oscar were straying wider, perhaps an instruction from RDM. They should work together in training. They will only get better as a supply line. The main thing RDM needs to tell them is they need to do a job out wide. They will all get time in the middle.

Torres was non existent. He is getting quite annoying. Never where you need him. Doesn't shoot. Doesn't do much of anything. I think Moses or Sturridge can be better options.

Also glad to see Mata provide Ash with the assist. We were expecting some brilliance from Hazard or Oscar (both who have had brilliant starts to the season and all the spotlight on them) but it was our original creative spark, Mata who came up with the goods :D

Torres looked like he just didn't give a fuck. When he gets the ball now I just EXPECT him to carelessly lose it.

You know it'll be a bad match for him when you start seeing him pop up continuously out wide.

I love him, but my patience has just about worn out.

Yeah well do what I now do...

Expect fuck all from him - except the odd 'good' pass - and life is easier... I just mentally change Torres to Kalou in my head and then I can enjoy the whole game without being annoyed or angry... :D :D :D

Playing like how? we had a lot of the ball, but could not get through their 10 defenders - not complaining about their approach, it worked for us last season lol.

Playing like 4 shoots on target and without any ideas against a well organized defence.

We had a lot of the ball. So what?

I'm just worried about the future, that's all.