Chelsea vs Stoke City

Jase

We have beaten Stoke every single game at home since they returned to the premiership. I expect another win here, last season we were quite fortunate to win but regardless this should be another 3 points and the history goes in our favour. Oscar had a brilliant game against Juventus but I think RDM might be wise to rest him for this match due to the physicality of Stoke City and due to his slight build and not being in England for long may be best if he was a sub as they will really want to rough him up. I was watching the matchnight phone in after the game yesterday night and they made a good point in saying that because of one brilliant performance for Oscar, everyone will start labelling him the next so and so. He don't need that and now Mata is fully fit and I would say this is a game we need to take advantage of due to the other big teams fixtures. Also play Hazard as he is a key player and we need him playing and rest him against Wolves and also give Moses a start as we can get at Stoke's fullbacks for pace.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - A.Cole

Ramires - Mikel

Moses - Mata - Hazard

Torres/ Sturridge (If fit)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see

Vs Stoke

Cech

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - A.Cole

Mikel - Romeu

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Torres

Vs Wolves

Turnbull

Azpilicueta - Ivanovic - Cahill - Bertrand

Romeu - Lampard

Moses - Piazon - Marin

Sturridge

you are clearly mad if u want to start azpi vs stoke. they have big strong lads and it would be madness to drop iva for that game.

ivanovic cahill terry cole

romeu mikel

moses oscar mata

sturridge

Cahill is better than luiz in the air, against stoke we need more discipline.

I want azupulleta to start but ivanovic is needed for his height

Lampard needs a rest, i dont want him to tire out he's 34

Oscar must start, he needs the confidence for juventus peformance

Moses is stronger than ramires and a better crosser and dribbler

Torres will start(sadly) but sturridge needs his chance, his speed will trouble stoke on the counter especially with oscar behind him. He also shoots like a striker should do.

We have beaten Stoke every single game at home since they returned to the premiership. I expect another win here, last season we were quite fortunate to win but regardless this should be another 3 points and the history goes in our favour. Oscar had a brilliant game against Juventus but I think RDM might be wise to rest him for this match due to the physicality of Stoke City and due to his slight build and not being in England for long may be best if he was a sub as they will really want to rough him up. I was watching the matchnight phone in after the game yesterday night and they made a good point in saying that because of one brilliant performance for Oscar, everyone will start labelling him the next so and so. He don't need that and now Mata is fully fit and I would say this is a game we need to take advantage of due to the other big teams fixtures. Also play Hazard as he is a key player and we need him playing and rest him against Wolves and also give Moses a start as we can get at Stoke's fullbacks for pace.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - A.Cole

Ramires - Mikel

Moses - Mata - Hazard

Torres/ Sturridge (If fit)

Oh not this shit. First off its very poor generalization that Stoke do nothing but kick the shit out of players. They can play decent football but do have the long ball option if needed. Also just because a player make look small and lightweight does not mean they can not handle a bit of physicality (look at Hazard), also so what, every time we face a team tat might be a bit physical means that we never play him? When do we actually determine he is capable of playing "physical games"? He is going to have to start in them sooner or later.

Oh not this shit. First off its very poor generalization that Stoke do nothing but kick the shit out of players. They can play decent football but do have the long ball option if needed. Also just because a player make look small and lightweight does not mean they can not handle a bit of physicality (look at Hazard), also so what, every time we face a team tat might be a bit physical means that we never play him? When do we actually determine he is capable of playing "physical games"? He is going to have to start in them sooner or later.

Yes, but one brilliant goal against Juventus doesnt make him all of a sudden Lionel Messi. We all saw what happened with Deco when he came. Oscar is younger and still has maturing and buliking up to do and RDM is wise to slowly introduce him into the starting 11 for every game. If Oscar had not scored that wonder goal yesterday many people would have expected him to be a sub. We still have many other wingers/attacking mids who deserve to start as well. I would have no problem seeing Hazard-Mata-Moses

I hope I won't be seeing any more careless mistakes up there in the defense. It's just getting tiring to watch those terrible lack of communication. Cahill should be in the starting 11. Hope RDM understands.

I predict this to be a clear win for us :D Maybe something like 3 goals to 1 :getin: Lets hope for the best. KTBFFH!! :blue scalf:

i wanna see this line up please

cech

iva cahill luiz cole

romeu mikel

oscar mata hazard

sturridge(if fit)/moses

i would choose iva over cesar for the physicality n aerial challenge of stoke. same reason of mikel. if we play torres against these guys it will be another day of playing 10 vs 11 with a ref and a zombie in blue on the pitch. if sturridge is fit he deserves a start otherwise i have heard moses can play as a CF so that is good enough for me.

i definitely predict a chelsea win as we played really good football with the only problem being defensively and i dont expect even some1 like mikel to make 3 defensive errors in 3 fucking matches (qpr- zamora, and juve).

Yes, but one brilliant goal against Juventus doesnt make him all of a sudden Lionel Messi. We all saw what happened with Deco when he came. Oscar is younger and still has maturing and buliking up to do and RDM is wise to slowly introduce him into the starting 11 for every game. If Oscar had not scored that wonder goal yesterday many people would have expected him to be a sub. We still have many other wingers/attacking mids who deserve to start as well. I would have no problem seeing Hazard-Mata-Moses

Yes but he was incredibly influential before he got subbed , controlling the tempo when we got the ball, influential flicks on and help setting up attacks, dropping deep to retain the ball. He is Brazil's No.10, is 21 (not a 16 year old still wet behind the ears) and already has a lot of tools in his box to play a big part on the pitch. And again, when do we decide we crossed the line and can start regularly. In two years do we still keep saying "oh he is not strong and bulky enough to do well in the league, has not started many games, lets keep it that way". Bullshit.

Yes but he was incredibly influential before he got subbed , controlling the tempo when we got the ball, influential flicks on and help setting up attacks, dropping deep to retain the ball. He is Brazil's No.10, is 21 (not a 16 year old still wet behind the ears) and already has a lot of tools in his box to play a big part on the pitch. And again, when do we decide we crossed the line and can start regularly. In two years do we still keep saying "oh he is not strong and bulky enough to do well in the league, has not started many games, lets keep it that way". Bullshit.

I still don't take my comment back that maybe he should be a sub against Stoke due to their physical nature. If he starts on saturday fair play to him because he has earned it but I would understand why RDM would decide to drop him to the bench