Chelsea vs Stoke City

Jase

This again lol

You guys over complicate things, formations, tactics, philosophy, Pythagoras's theorem etc. I'm bringing football back to basics.

Sometimes to win in football you have to score goals. IF Chelsea score more goals than Stoke chances are good that Chelsea will win.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would ideally like Moses/Oscar (if fit)/Danny (if fit)/Romeu to start this. Perhaps even a run out for Marin at a push. Wishful thinking?

I don't really know, Oscar is tiny and Marin after an injury. Stoke are a really tough opposition who play it really hard. This will be another physical battle where Moses is a must-starter.

We had a bit of a problem beating them at home last season, because we didn't take our chances early on. Have to do better in this game.

Mata-Oscar-Moses should be the 3 behind whoever the striker is. Pretty sure RDM will want to play Ramires there again, but it's not a good idea in a game like this, where we should have a lot of the ball, and Ramires as usual will not do enough attacking wise on the right.

As much as I want to see Azpilicueta starting this game, just can't see RDM doing that. We need all the height that we can get to deal with Stoke's threat from set pieces.

good shout didn't think of that. Ivanovic will probably start then.

We should win this. We outplayed the Italian champions for large portions of the game. We can certainly deal with Stoke. If Sturridge starts at least we will have some presence up front as well. I can't decide who I'd rather have in the lineup. Marin or Moses? What about you guys?

You guys over complicate things, formations, tactics, philosophy, Pythagoras's theorem etc. I'm bringing football back to basics.

Sometimes to win in football you have to score goals. IF Chelsea score more goals than Stoke chances are good that Chelsea will win.

But the talking about formations and who plays are the way to win. You don't just win by default. A team has to be picked, a formation has to be used and someone needs to score the goal(s) to win the game. I'd say there's more chance Moses will be more dangerous as a RM than Ramires and Sturridge has more chance of scoring than Torres. I also hope Marin is gonna be back, injury prone already, no wonder his career has hit the buffers. He was 'a doubt' for the Community Shield... doe's this guy not heal?

I would absolutely love to see Marin and Moses start with Hazard in the middle and Sturridge up front. I know there's approximately 0% chance of it happening though.

But the talking about formations and who plays are the way to win. You don't just win by default. A team has to be picked, a formation has to be used and someone needs to score the goal(s) to win the game. I'd say there's more chance Moses will be more dangerous as a RM than Ramires and Sturridge has more chance of scoring than Torres. I also hope Marin is gonna be back, injury prone already, no wonder his career has hit the buffers. He was 'a doubt' for the Community Shield... doe's this guy not heal?

I would absolutely love to see Marin and Moses start with Hazard in the middle and Sturridge up front. I know there's approximately 0% chance of it happening though.

I'm surprised that someone actually took that post seriously.

We should win this. We outplayed the Italian champions for large portions of the game. We can certainly deal with Stoke. If Sturridge starts at least we will have some presence up front as well. I can't decide who I'd rather have in the lineup. Marin or Moses? What about you guys?

Moses definitely. Marin is just recovering from injury, and will be pushed around for fun.