Chelsea vs Stoke City

Jase

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll see a few changes for this one. Most players have played 2 games already this week and we play again on Tuesday, so a rest would be beneficial. Good opportunity to get some new faces in the lineup. If Sturridge is fit, I am pretty sure he'll start. Lampard should be rested. Cahill will almost certainly play . Might be a good match to rest Hazard as well (he's not going to play every single match). I can see a whole lot of rotation coming as the games are going to come fast and furious for a while. I'd expect that every one of our usual starting XI will sit out one of the next two matches (except Mata who has been rested recently). Will be interesting to see how RDM manages it.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Bertrand

Romeu Mikel

Moses Mata Hazard

Torres

Pretty sure Oscar and Sturridge are injured and so I'd go with this lineup. Would go with Ivanovic over Azpi purely because we'll need some height and physicality for corners and throw-ins against Stoke

Sturridge

Mata Oscar Marin/Moses

Ramires Mikel

Cole Terry Cahill Azpilicueta

Cech

Rest some players and introduce new players.

If Sturridge is healthy, I think we'll see something like this. I think Bertrand might get a LB start in the next couple of games and Romeu might get his first shot as well. I think Stoke would be the best game to rest Hazard as he gets fouled a lot and Stoke sometimes foul often and hard.

Obviously it's a game we must win, at home against a mid-table team. I just hope Robbie shows some balls and starts Sturridge and Moses. Ramires and Torres have done nothing to warrant staying in the team. without a 20 goal striker, we can say hello to 6th again.

I espect Lampard to be on the bench, as RDM always says when there are three mathes in one week, some players will be rested. If now Moses and Sturridge won't play, then I don't really know. Tjis will be a physical battle and I am not so sure about Ramires and Bertrand. Moses is a must for this game. Oscar can be in troubles against such a tough opponent.

1. If Danny is fit, he needs to start this.

2. Romeu needs to play for at least 20 minutes. If he is confident enough, start him even.

3. If I see Ramires as RW, then RDM is a bloody moron.

4. I want to see Moses get some decent ammount of playtime aswell.

Here's what Id chose:

Cech

Iva - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Romeu

Mata - Oscar - Hazard

Sturridge

using the full squad is important, so far rdm has only shown faith to his go- to guys such as obi mikel and ramires. both players have been well below par since the beginning of the season. lampard is old, he needs to be rested and kept fresh.

cech

azpilicueta cahill terry cole

mikel romeu

hazard oscar moses

sturridge

subs: turnbull, ivanovic, luiz, ramires, lampard, mata, torres