Chelsea vs Stoke City

Jase

I'm sure there won't be too many changes for this one. RDM knows the importance of three points with 2 of Man city, Arsenal and Man utd likely to lose points.

And we also have the League cup a couple days after for players who have not played a lot this season.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel as if people just go along with this "you can't use light players vs. Stoke, they're too rough and play rugby" because it's easy.

Yes, they're aggressive, but they're not supernatural freaks with extreme strength. There should be no problem, in theory, if Oscar was to start this game.

I feel as if people just go along with this "you can't use light players vs. Stoke, they're too rough and play rugby" because it's easy.

Yes, they're aggressive, but they're not supernatural freaks with extreme strength. There should be no problem, in theory, if Oscar was to start this team.

Exactly. People act as though they have a team of 6'8 NBA players out there that are just big brutes that you can't contend with physically.

When I watched Arse play them a couple weeks back, they dominated possession but couldn't score worth a damn. We should have an easier time.

I find it awkward when people say OSCAR might not b used bcoz he is small. Fact is, he is much taller and stronger than mata. I will like to see mata back in the team I've missed his clever runs and passing but I guess the selection headache starts for RDM now that every one is fit. I also find it interesting that so all our MOTM performances have been from our new stars.

Wiell be surprised if Oscar doesn't play. Would like to see Hazard rest though. Can't see Mata, Hazard, and Oscar all playing together at this point. Way too imbalanced. Happy that this game is on TV in Toronto. Streaming is not the same. One of the great things about Chelsea becoming a bigger club is that more matches are on TV. When I first started following (pre-streaming days) I'd only get to see a handful of games a year. Now, I can watch every one.

People saying Hazard needs a rest; He doesn't, he is a fit player and strong enough to handle stoke, not to mention we have a carling cup game midweek, which is perfect to rest him in.

It's not just about resting Hazard, it's about our lineup. Oscar deserves to start and Mata has been rested a lot recently so should start as well. I think the three of them together is just too imbalanced unless they drop Oscar into Lampard's spot for Saturday (which could make sense).

---------Cech---------

Ivan-Cahill-Terry-Bertrand

---Romeu-Ramires----

-Moses-Oscar-Mata-

-------Sturridge------

Drop Mikel + Torres, rest Hazard.

My line up as well, but knowing Robbie all three will probably start instead.

Really can't wait for this one, my first live game of the season, should be a good match hopefully get to see the terrfying trio of hazard mata and oscar but we will see. U can almost guarentee there will be a controversial penalty shout we don't get.

A win against Stoke is always a scrappy win, but they have never been a good away team. I'm confident about this one, I'd like to see the variant formation we used in the first half against Juve (something between a 4-3-2-1 and a 4-4-1-1). Oscar, Danny and Moses deserve a start...Hazard deserves a breather. I'd love to see Azpi get a shout down the right...I have a feeling his pace could give Kightly and Wilson nightmares.

azpi-cahill-luiz-cole

-----romeu--Mikel---

-Moses-Oscar--Mata

--------Sturridge-----

1. would love to see marin, probably our most agile defender + mata has not to go the full distance

2. stoke will provide little threat up front so we can play a high line with our fastest and most mobile defenders

3. mikel does not deserve to play but lamps needs rest and ramires even less deserves to play

4. Sturridge deserves a start, torres was already useless against stokes big defenders twice last year. (btw is sturridge taller than nando? he is listed as 1.88m/6'2'' but a friend of mine has met him and is exactly as tall at about 6')

5. Remember what hard work we made of stoke fixtures last year? we need mobility and pace amap