Chelsea vs Stoke City

Jase

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not agree with the imbalance argument. That is an unjustified assumption imo :-)

I would love to see Mata, Oscar, Hazard together! There is actually a lot of 'workrate' there. + this might be the key for our new tactics: score more than the opponent

I actually think Bertrand is really good when he plays in his left wing role.

Not that we dont have many players who are more flashy, but he is really good.

Ramires sadly does'nt have a spot that suits him in our team anymore, with a 4-2-3-1, he is just being forced in.

Romeu is probably really bad in training, for him not to even get a look in.

For the Stoke game at Home, i think we should do the polar opposite of them.

They are going to put out a team full of strong tall players. We should put out all players who have technique pace, and small. If RDM plays Ramires as RW again, then there is something wrong with him. Moses is Perfect for this game, he is fast, and hungry.

Lampard will play, and will be rested for the League cup game midweek. So i guess the DP will remain the same.

Hazard can get alot of fouls against the Rugby style of stoke, so oscar mata hazard is a go.

If sturridge is available, he has got to get the start. Torres has started every game, and needs to know that he is not invincible. Being benched should make him want to do more work on the pitch for his next game. Right now he is too comfortable.

The same applies to Mikel, Lampard and Ivanovic. They are too comfortable atm. Bench them for a game, to give them the hunger and realise that they have people who can replace them, and they have to fight every match to keep their place.

Romeu is probably really bad in training, for him not to even get a look in.

I wouldn't go that far. He isn't getting a look in because he isnt as good as Mikel and RDM loves Lampard and will always pick him ahead of Romeu unfortunately.

Against Stoke -

Cech

Ivanovic. Cahill. Terry. Cole

Mikel. Lampard

Moses. Mata. Hazard

Torres/Sturridge

Against Wolves we should try and experiment with this:

Turnbull/Hilario

Azpi. Luiz. Cahill. Bertrand

Romeu

Ramires. Oscar

Moses. Marin

Sturridge

We need to beat Stoke and experience will be important to force the win over them but i want to see a plan b against Wolves which will give some more life to our midfield.

Some team news for this game from RDM's PC:

1. Oscar has recovered from the injury and has done some light training today. 50-50 to feature I would say.

2. Sturridge is recovering well but not quite ready for Stoke yet. May feature against Wolves in the League Cup next Tuesday.

RDM: "We need to re-focus on the league after Wednesday night, starting with Stoke tomorrow, who are always tough opponents."

RDM: "Daniel Sturridge is better but tomorrow will be too soon, if he doesn't make the League Cup game it shouldn't be much longer."

RDM: "We need to be more consistent in games, against Juventus we did well but got punished for a couple of mistakes."